Hot gimbal
3176 12 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Megalot
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

I have an Osmo mobile that I am using with my iphone 8plus.  I have balanced everything and calibrated the gimbal.  My issues are

1.  The gimbal keeps dropping and the message asks me to reboot the device by double tapping the trigger.

2.  The round bit that attaches to the phone holder is getting very hot

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Megalot
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do you have a case or something on the device?
2018-3-5
Use props
Megalot
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-5 05:58
Do you have a case or something on the device?

No just the phone.  I have just updated the firmware to the latest version and have put the device on charge to see if that helps
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Megalot Posted at 2018-3-5 06:03
No just the phone.  I have just updated the firmware to the latest version and have put the device on charge to see if that helps

Ok.
The hot motor does indicate a problem (that you are stressing the motor too much).

Are you sure it is perfectly balanced?
So when the Osmo Mobile is off and you level the phone by hand it stays like that even when moving the Osmo Mobile a little?
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Megalot Posted at 2018-3-5 06:03
No just the phone.  I have just updated the firmware to the latest version and have put the device on charge to see if that helps

Wait, maybe I am misunderstanding your question.
You mean the rotating knob at the holder?
Or one of the gimbal motors?

2018-3-5
Use props
Megalot
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-5 06:25
Ok.
The hot motor does indicate a problem (that you are stressing the motor too much).

Thanks, I'll check it again
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Megalot Posted at 2018-3-5 06:33
Thanks, I'll check it again

Also look at my previous post.
Maybe I did not get your question right
2018-3-5
Use props
Megalot
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I’ve rebalanced it and tried again, seems better now.  It’s not needing a reboot and after a couple if minutes the gimbal thing is still cold.

It’s not the knob that you one to lock the phone in but when everything is balanced it’s directly behind that, it must be a gimbal motor
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Megalot Posted at 2018-3-5 06:46
I’ve rebalanced it and tried again, seems better now.  It’s not needing a reboot and after a couple if minutes the gimbal thing is still cold.

It’s not the knob that you one to lock the phone in but when everything is balanced it’s directly behind that, it must be a gimbal motor

That is a motor.
And indeed, balancing is key.
Make sure it does remain level when the Osmo is turned off and you shake the thing a little.

But if it still remains hot, maybe you are still over stressing the motors with the large iPhone 8+
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Megalot Posted at 2018-3-5 06:46

It’s not the knob that you one to lock the phone in but when everything is balanced it’s directly behind that, it must be a gimbal motor

Please keep us updated if the problem remains, here is the video for mounting your mobile in a correct way.
2018-3-6
Use props
Megalot
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone
2018-3-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>