Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
p4p+ rc with external hdmi monitor?
2028 9 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
       if I wanted to fly using an ipad mini 4 (instead of the crystal sky monitor) will the p4p+ remote controller allow me to use the hdmi port with a third party monitor as a client feed?

many thanks
2018-3-5
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

You can show exactly the same on the external monitor as the the build in screen shows. Just without the touch-function ;)
2018-3-5
Use props
SM-17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

No, with the hdmi port you only get a monitor version of the screen you get on the actual screen of the plus controller (without any touch functionalities)
2018-3-5
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SM-17 Posted at 2018-3-5 06:23
No, with the hdmi port you only get a monitor version of the screen you get on the actual screen of the plus controller (without any touch functionalities)

Yes - what I'm looking to do is fly using an ipad with the GO4 app to replace the crystal sky monitor, and then use the hdmi output to feed a client monitor - I obviously don't require any functionality on the hdmi output apart from a feed that shows what the camera is seeing
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mrbill Posted at 2018-3-5 08:59
Yes - what I'm looking to do is fly using an ipad with the GO4 app to replace the crystal sky monitor, and then use the hdmi output to feed a client monitor - I obviously don't require any functionality on the hdmi output apart from a feed that shows what the camera is seeing

Sure you can, the image in the DJI Go 4 can be transferred to the external monitor via HDMI port in RC.
2018-3-9
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-9 23:45
Sure you can, the image in the DJI Go 4 can be transferred to the external monitor via HDMI port in RC.

read his question again Mindy
2018-3-10
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

The screen on a + controller is an android device. You cannot connect an iOS device to the + controller. You can connect an HDMI monitor at the same time you use the + display, but there is no possible way to connect an iOS device to the USB connection to use as a display.

Jeff
2018-3-10
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

No, but if you used a P4Pro RC you could user your ipad
2018-3-10
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Resolution. My reseller got hold of another controller, reset it and rolled back 2 firmware versions. Hdmi module then installed, bound the rc to the aircraft then upgraded the firmware. Hdmi working!
2018-3-23
Use props
GomerMarine
lvl.2
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-3-10 10:08
The screen on a + controller is an android device. You cannot connect an iOS device to the + controller. You can connect an HDMI monitor at the same time you use the + display, but there is no possible way to connect an iOS device to the USB connection to use as a display.

Jeff

All i want to do is have a second monitor to record the telemetry. Can i connect a android phone or second monitor just for viewing.
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules