Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
INSPIRE 2 UNSTABLE HOVER AND FLIGHT
1234Next >
16531 122 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rotor Aerial Cinematography
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi everyone, Just a quick one. My Inspire 2 just doesnt seem to hold height or position as well as it did when i first got it. Has anything changed in recent firmware issues?

It seems to lose and gain height pretty wildly whilst hovering even in light wind.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or has anyone solved it? If so....How??

Any help greatly appreciated.

2018-3-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
It is a good practice to calibrate your IMU and Compass after doing any new FW updates. By what you are saying, I would start by recalibrating everything (following the Manual) and you should be good to go!

Rich

2018-3-5
Use props
Rotor Aerial Cinematography
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Rich, I did all calibrations before last flight and there was no change in characteristics.  I've noticed the past few times I've flow that it just doesn't seem to be as stable as it used to be. When we first got the Inspire 2 almost a year ago, it would hold position like it was glued in place in all but the strongest breeze. But its hard to know at what point the change was made as I've done a few firmware updates since and cant remember exactly when I first noticed the issue.

2018-3-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rotor Aerial Cinematography Posted at 2018-3-5 08:57
Thanks Rich, I did all calibrations before last flight and there was no change in characteristics.  I've noticed the past few times I've flow that it just doesn't seem to be as stable as it used to be. When we first got the Inspire 2 almost a year ago, it would hold position like it was glued in place in all but the strongest breeze. But its hard to know at what point the change was made as I've done a few firmware updates since and cant remember exactly when I first noticed the issue.

Hi RA
I guess you have already done the obvious. maybe try the following to further help identify the issue.

1] you can try turning off all the OA sensors and see if this is any better.
2] refresh the FW using the Flight Assistant 2 software on a PC
3] downgrade the FW and see if the problem goes away

Rich
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Rotor Aerial Cinematography Posted at 2018-3-5 08:57

Rotor, did your drone fail to hover stably in every flight? Please fly in a place without wind and shoot a video about the situation. I would forward it to our engineers for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-5
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Hello, the same problem than me since new Firmware in decembre 2017
2018-5-9
Use props
TheMightyThor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>

Something definitely has changed, but it changed a while ago. When I first got my Inspire 2 at launch, it was very stable. I now have two Inspire 2’s, and both of them couldn’t hold a steady shot to save my life. Recalibrate everything you want, it won’t get more stable. If I leave either Inspire in place, it’ll bounce around within about a 3 foot radius in any random direction over a few seconds, even win no wind. Pretty infuriating how a Mavic is more stable than their top of the line cinema drone.
2018-5-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

My I2 has never been stable. No wind it's ok. Mavic was better but P4P is rock solid. I've always thought the I2 drifted because of the large side area catching the wind  but maybe it should be more stable.
2018-5-9
Use props
RikDingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

TheMightyThor Posted at 2018-5-9 07:39
Something definitely has changed, but it changed a while ago. When I first got my Inspire 2 at launch, it was very stable. I now have two Inspire 2’s, and both of them couldn’t hold a steady shot to save my life. Recalibrate everything you want, it won’t get more stable. If I leave either Inspire in place, it’ll bounce around within about a 3 foot radius in any random direction over a few seconds, even win no wind. Pretty infuriating how a Mavic is more stable than their top of the line cinema drone.

Same for me. my P4P is much more stable than my I2.
I can tell that when I bought my I2 5 months ago, it was more stable than today
2018-5-9
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

RikDingo Posted at 2018-5-9 08:12
Same for me. my P4P is much more stable than my I2.
I can tell that when I bought my I2 5 months ago, it was more stable than today

I have a P3S that someone gifted me after crashing it, that is more stable than my Inspire 1
2018-5-9
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220633 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe a Prop alignment Problem?

see here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D412&page=2
2018-5-9
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

I think the problem is that DJI's software does not correctly hold the Inspire 2 at the correct angle to the wind.  The heli should be transitioined into fast flight into the wind which requires a cant angle of 20 to 30 degrees at times.  Instead of this, the DJI softwre attempts to hold the drone level in a hover and it ignores the wind.  What then happens is that the drone drifts downwind until it realises its GPS coordinates are wrong, then if flies itself back to the original hover position, and then attempts to sit straight and level again.

This is a design fault.  Dones and helis can never hover in wind unless they transition to forward flight with a lean angle into the wind.  We need DJI to fix this problem, please.

In the meantime there is a manual workaround where you lean the drone into the wind while it is hovering, and this increses the position stability a lot.   But it's hard work on the sticks!

Thanks,
Rob
2018-5-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-9 15:03
I think the problem is that DJI's software does not correctly hold the Inspire 2 at the correct angle to the wind.  The heli should be transitioined into fast flight into the wind which requires a cant angle of 20 to 30 degrees at times.  Instead of this, the DJI softwre attempts to hold the drone level in a hover and it ignores the wind.  What then happens is that the drone drifts downwind until it realises its GPS coordinates are wrong, then if flies itself back to the original hover position, and then attempts to sit straight and level again.

This is a design fault.  Dones and helis can never hover in wind unless they transition to forward flight with a lean angle into the wind.  We need DJI to fix this problem, please.

That makes sense. Designwise the I2 has always looked to me like there's too much mass in the  body for the size of the props.  Mine only ever sits right when there is no wind at all.
2018-5-9
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Here is mine without wind

2018-5-11
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gersphoto.orange Posted at 2018-5-11 01:32
Here is mine without wind

https://youtu.be/zzq3v9Z3eVY

that's about the same as my I2. The P4P would be rock solid.
2018-5-11
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

How many compass on Inspire 2 ?
2018-5-11
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

This is what I did today and I had 1centimeter between left and right props. And now I put the props on the same line ans it is very very better

2018-5-11
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

gersphoto.orange Posted at 2018-5-11 11:08
This is what I did today and I had 1centimeter between left and right props. And now I put the props on the same line ans it is very very better

[view_image]

What are those things attached to your arms?
2018-5-11
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Parachutes. Obligation in France to fly in town
2018-5-11
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

@gersphoto.orange@

Please could you publish details of the parachutes, where do you get them, how do you operate them etc?

Thanks,
Rob
2018-5-12
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

By the way, the calibration of rotor tips certainly gives a very stable hover when there is no wind.  But in wind the instability in hover is just as bad, and the reason is that DJI's hovering algorithm does not know how to hold the drone into the wind by adjusting the drone's tilt angle.  Instead it tries to sit in the wind with rotors straight and level, then drifts downwind until GPS or vision sensors kick in and say it is out of position, then it flies itself back and levels off again, and so the cycle continues.  It is an unstable control system.  What is needed is this:

a) Detect drift
b) Fly back to hover position
c) Cancel any preset hover tilt except in direction of the return flight path
d) Add say 1 degree tilt (into the wind) taken from direction of return flight path

An algorithm like that would converge and result in a stable hover after two or three iterations.
If DJI's software was open source, I could add the code to do this ...

... in the mean time, suggest that when flying in wind, you never take your fingers off the sticks, just fight the wind with constant cyclic adjustments.

Thanks,
Rob
2018-5-12
Use props
RikDingo
lvl.4
France

gersphoto.orange Posted at 2018-5-11 11:08
This is what I did today and I had 1centimeter between left and right props. And now I put the props on the same line ans it is very very better

[view_image]

salut quand tu dis very better, tu as maintenant un inspire super stable ou juste assez stable ?
2018-5-13
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

RikDingo Posted at 2018-5-13 23:20
salut quand tu dis very better, tu as maintenant un inspire super stable ou juste assez stable ?

Bonjour,
C'est bien plus stable, mais pas encore ce qui se fait de mieux. Mais clairement ça craint une telle machine si peu stable même sans vent. Ce que je trouve bizarre c'est qu'un machine sortie d'usine fonctionne parfaitement et dès la première mise à jour ce n'est plus le cas
2018-5-14
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-12 06:25
@gersphoto.orange@

Please could you publish details of the parachutes, where do you get them, how do you operate them etc?

https://www.flyingeye.fr/categor ... pire-2/parachute-5/
2018-5-14
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

2018-5-14
Use props
RikDingo
lvl.4
France

gersphoto.orange Posted at 2018-5-14 01:06
Bonjour,
C'est bien plus stable, mais pas encore ce qui se fait de mieux. Mais clairement ça craint une telle machine si peu stable même sans vent. Ce que je trouve bizarre c'est qu'un machine sortie d'usine fonctionne parfaitement et dès la première mise à jour ce n'est plus le cas

on est d'accord. en janvier mon inspire 2 ne bougeait pas d'un gramme, mais maintenant...
J'ai également un problème de cap. Si je mets en avant toute, il dérive d'un bon 5 degrés de son cap initial et pourtant tout est calibré. je vais vérifier l'alignement des hélices et on verra
2018-5-14
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

L'avant dernière fois que j'ai branché mon Inspire 2 sur l'assistant, j'avais accès aux firmwares précédents et depuis la dernière mise à jour, c'est terminé... donc faudrait trouver le Firmware d'origine et le remettre dans le bousin. Maintenant tout est aligné, supports hélices avec du scotch (si c'est pas malheureux) et j'attends le soleil pour tester la bête... j'ai vu sur un autre post qui évoque le même sujet les déboires d'un américain avec un inspire qu'il a du envoyer 2 fois au SAV et qui est revenu marqué de partout et au final ils ont changé le contrôleur de vol pour qu'il retrouve une machine saine
2018-5-14
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Did anyone already downgrade I2 firmware

2018-5-15
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

gersphoto.orange Posted at 2018-5-14 23:39
L'avant dernière fois que j'ai branché mon Inspire 2 sur l'assistant, j'avais accès aux firmwares précédents et depuis la dernière mise à jour, c'est terminé... donc faudrait trouver le Firmware d'origine et le remettre dans le bousin. Maintenant tout est aligné, supports hélices avec du scotch (si c'est pas malheureux) et j'attends le soleil pour tester la bête... j'ai vu sur un autre post qui évoque le même sujet les déboires d'un américain avec un inspire qu'il a du envoyer 2 fois au SAV et qui est revenu marqué de partout et au final ils ont changé le contrôleur de vol pour qu'il retrouve une machine saine

J'ai retrouvé un ancien firmware mais faut que je sois certain de pouvoir le ré-installer
2018-5-15
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-5 21:18
Rotor, did your drone fail to hover stably in every flight? Please fly in a place without wind and shoot a video about the situation. I would forward it to our engineers for further check. Thanks for your support.

I know how to align the two Inspire 2 booms side to side, but is there anyway to align the front/rear motor angles ?  The difference in angle between front prop and rear prop is minor and only on one side of the aircraft but it is measurably off. My goal is to improve hover stability.
2018-5-16
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-12 06:25
@gersphoto.orange@

Yes, I would love to hear more about them: Where you got them, how they deploy, etc. I've never seen anything like them.
2018-5-16
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-5-16 13:09
Yes, I would love to hear more about them: Where you got them, how they deploy, etc. I've never seen anything like them.

here in France

https://www.flyingeye.fr/categor ... pire-2/parachute-5/
2018-5-16
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

So I had try my I2 without gimball X5S and it was perfect... But after with the X5S was not the same music... does the X5S to heavy for the Inspire 2 ? Or a compatibility problem ? Propellers ? Motors ?
Gona try with an X4S
2018-5-16
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

marktottymy Posted at 2018-5-16 11:04
I know how to align the two Inspire 2 booms side to side, but is there anyway to align the front/rear motor angles ?  The difference in angle between front prop and rear prop is minor and only on one side of the aircraft but it is measurably off. My goal is to improve hover stability.

I've got the same issue. The problem is that the motors are glued onto the arm so I guess you'd have to pull them off, re-set and re-glue.

Not easy..
2018-5-16
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Do anyone try to fly without gimball like what I did ?
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

marktottymy Posted at 2018-5-16 11:04
I know how to align the two Inspire 2 booms side to side, but is there anyway to align the front/rear motor angles ?  The difference in angle between front prop and rear prop is minor and only on one side of the aircraft but it is measurably off. My goal is to improve hover stability.

Please provide us a picture about the situation so I can help you forward it to our engineers for further check.
2018-5-17
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-17 01:46
Please provide us a picture about the situation so I can help you forward it to our engineers for further check.

I gona have a look on my I2. But I think the problems coming from the gimball X5S because if I put it off the Inspire is better
2018-5-17
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Thanks DJI and your new firmware

2018-5-17
Use props
Patrick R.
lvl.4
  • >>>

Bonjour,

Que s’est il passé?  C’est navrant d’avoir autant de problèmes avec une machine de ce prix. Je n’ai plus confiance dans le mien.

Je pense que la dernière mise à jour pose de nombreux problèmes.

Patrick.
2018-5-17
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

I think the parachutes are much more likely to cause an issue with hover
2018-5-17
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now