Message "please connect with dji camera" prevents me from flying
6850 14 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cs_
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi all

I‘m currently struggling with a message in DJI GS Pro which I could swear was not there last week: In the preflight check, the app tells me that there is no DJI camera connected, and prevents me from flying the mission. I have an external camera attached which is triggered by the DJI remote start/stop. This worked fine till today, I did exactly the same mission last week, successfully. Sure, there was always a warning, but in the form “no camera found or external camera attached”, which did not prevent me from flying. The only that is different from last time is that I had to exchange the iPad mini 2 where GS Pro is running on. What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting somewhere where I can force camera triggering even if no camera is recognized by the M600 Pro?

Cheers
cs_

Photo-2018-03-05-11-47-54_0001.png
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

There is not a way to force a camera connection. Can you double check to make sure that gimbal is properly installed? What type of camera are you using? Please send me a personal message on this point.
2018-3-5
Use props
a.richardson
lvl.1

Canada

The latest version of GS Pro is now preventing take off without a DJI camera connected to the UAV for all new flight plans. This is an issue for all DJI Matrice series users who are used to connecting non-DJI cameras to the UAVs. Previous versions of GS Pro allowed the use of any non-DJI sensor (whether it was connected to the UAV or not). This was highlighted by the ability to create a 'custom' camera in the camera drop down menu. If a DJI Developer can comment on whether or not this change will be rolled back to allow custom sensors to fly, or whether all flights using GS Pro will require a DJI camera to be attached, that would certainly be appreciated by the community using the software who believe it is a good product. Otherwise, another flight planning software will need to be used.
2018-3-13
Use props
cs_
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi all,

Sorry for the late answer, I finally found out what was wrong some days ago:

• if you choose PhotoMap as mission type, the M600 won't start without a DJI camera attached
  • if you choose 3D Map Area as mission type, the app allows you to ignore the missing / not detected camera and fly!

The parameters in the two mission types are exactly the same, that's why it took me ages to realize I choose the wrong mission type...

In 3D Map Area mode the flights work like a charm - the only thing that bothers me is that there is no follow terrain mode in DJI GS Pro, but I have to stick to it, its still the only app I know that can trigger my camera using the remote start/stop module...

Cheers

_cs
2018-4-3
Use props
dronie326
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810 ft
United States

cs_ Posted at 2018-4-3 11:19
Hi all,

Sorry for the late answer, I finally found out what was wrong some days ago:

Out of curiosity what camera are you using?
2018-4-9
Use props
3nzo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104180 ft
Canada

dronie326 Posted at 2018-4-9 11:17
Out of curiosity what camera are you using?

Help! I have the same problem witht he greyed out "Start to Fly", but unlike the suggestion above, I get stopped in both 3D Map and Photomap modes with slightly different message.  This is an Inspire 2 with a third party NIR camera.  I hope this behaviour can be changed!  We can use the Waypoint mission, but then we have to design our own flightlines, which is hardly optimal.

photomap_IMG_0021.crop.jpg
3dmap_IMG_0020.crop.jpg
2018-5-1
Use props
Xer
New
Chile

Help please!
i have a phantom 4 advanced

when trying to make a flight as usual, it does not recognize the camera or the sd card, it asks me to connect a dji camera.
before the update of the application I never had problems to make the flights, I really need help please.
I have not changed the camera, it works without problems in the application "DJI GO 4" I have the problem only with GSPro
2019-1-5
Use props
Xer
New
Chile

Help please!

when trying to make a flight as usual, it does not recognize the camera or the sd card, it asks me to connect a dji camera.
before the update of the application I never had problems to make the flights, I really need help please.
I have not changed the camera, it works without problems in the application "DJI GO 4" I have the problem only with GSPro
2019-1-5
Use props
ismac
lvl.1
Argentina

Xer Posted at 1-5 11:14
Help please!

Hi, I have the same problem with phantom 4 A. Did you solve it?
2019-1-9
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ismac Posted at 1-9 17:05
Hi, I have the same problem with phantom 4 A. Did you solve it?

a new version 2.0.2 of GSPro is released (Jan 10, 2019)

Fix: Phantom 4 Advanced Camera could not be recognized
2019-1-10
Use props
ismac
lvl.1
Argentina

Keule Posted at 1-10 00:39

Solved, thank you
2019-1-10
Use props
ismac
lvl.1
Argentina

Keule Posted at 1-10 00:39

Solved, thank you!
2019-1-10
Use props
UAVServices
lvl.2
Flight distance : 756178 ft
Canada

Yes we have the same problem with A3 controller... it now has a red X when trying to plan a mission without a DJI camera... DJI this is  a major issue your response is needed ASAP
2019-3-6
Use props
MajorsMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4166627 ft
Mauritania

Hi all, I am having the same issue. I have an M600 pro and a geoslam ZEB point cloud camera. In the GSP app everything is okay untill it checks for a camera. The Geoslam camera is only mounted onto the frame of the m600 and not connected with any wires or into any ports, they are working independently of one another. I need to know how to bypass the camera function in GSP so I can just do a standard grid flight while the geoslam camera does its own thing.

is this possible. DJI please help.

cheers
2019-12-2
Use props
ddraun
lvl.1
France

Hi!

I added a custom camera to fly with an Altum attached to Inspire 1. During the preflight checklist it says Camera "Not connected" which makes the flight impossible. I am using 3DMap Area mission as suggested.
Could you please help with this issue?
Thanks a lot in advance!
2020-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules