MISSING DRONE FOUND HELP
2988 29 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarringtonNH038
New
Flight distance : 21014 ft
United States

My buddy was out flying the other day and we found a MAVIC upside down on a roof..  I called DJI and they werent alot of help. Anyone have any idea on how to find the owner? I have the serial number...

Thanks
2018-3-5
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Hope you find the owner
2018-3-5
Use props
BarringtonNH038
New
United States

Im in shock that dji wasnt more help.. Local Pd said no one called...  
2018-3-5
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe the mods here will help, you could post the location it was found and hope someone contacts you. Don't give out the serial number though, use that to verify the owner.
2018-3-5
Use props
BarringtonNH038
New
United States

Was hoping when i gave DJI the serial number they would call the owner and give them my information..

2018-3-5
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I think that the mods can equate a serial number with an email address and contact the owner. I'd be willing to pay a reward if someone returned my lost drone.
2018-3-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BarringtonNH038 Posted at 2018-3-5 08:33
Was hoping when i gave DJI the serial number they would call the owner and give them my information..

Just spread the news.
(nice gesture btw)
2018-3-5
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-3-5 08:52
I think that the mods can equate a serial number with an email address and contact the owner. I'd be willing to pay a reward if someone returned my lost drone.

Only works if it hasn't been re-sold, which is probably why they are reluctant to help.

Spread news on local Facebook groups/any local drone community if there is one!
2018-3-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

maybe you could post some specifics about the drone - for example what type and model is it - what town or place was it found? if it is a phantom then maybe posting on the phantom forum will help. the serial numbers or the pilots flight records from his devise can easily help you identify the true owner.
2018-3-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-3-5 11:03
maybe you could post some specifics about the drone - for example what type and model is it - what town or place was it found? if it is a phantom then maybe posting on the phantom forum will help. the serial numbers or the pilots flight records from his devise can easily help you identify the true owner.

sorry i just saw that you said it was a mavic - my bad - this is the right place. maybe tell us the location
2018-3-5
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

BarringtonNH038 Posted at 2018-3-5 08:33

Not likely.  They don't have a history of doing that.  Go to this and other forums and let people know what town you found the drone  in and ask anyone in that area (or who flew in that area) who lost theirs to contact you and give you their SN.  It is on the box it came in and hopefully they had the forethought to write it on a page in the manual or quick start guide.  If there are any special markings or even a FAA sticker with the FA number, ask them for that if they can't come up with the SN.

Good luck finding the owner and I hope it happens.  I'd be careful about giving too much info publicly about it and also try to meet in a public place for your own security.
2018-3-5
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Telling the area it was found would be very helpful and also you could look at the sd card as that may give some clues.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Barrington, you are so kind of trying to find the owner. Basically, when you contact our support, they will also try to help. May I know the phone number when you used for contacting our support? I would like to see the details.
2018-3-5
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

So kind of you. Hope you can find the owner
2018-3-5
Use props
I don't care anymore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476476 ft
United States

Very good of you, thank you for being a considerate human being.

You may also want to try Craigslist and, like others have said, Facebook groups. When you find the owner, you're going to make someone extremely happy.
2018-3-5
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

Surely DJI flight records and server accounts can be traced and DJI can contact the owner to advise of a lost drone?

Don’t see any data protection issues here
2018-3-6
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

If is grey I think it could be mine
2018-3-6
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

If you turn it on and try to connect it through you phone's wifi. Won't the owner be able to track it down with "Find My Drone" in the Go4 App? I've always assumed it was one of the reasons the feature was there.
2018-3-6
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-3-6 04:41
If is grey I think it could be mine

You're in Australia and the OP is in United-States so that seems unlikely
2018-3-6
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Also, you found  the serial number.  Was there an FAA number on it?  I don't recall where the serial number is, but one place that the FAA number can be stored is in the battery compartment.  Anything in there that might help?
2018-3-6
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

It would be great if DJI offered a reunite service for lost and found drones? https://forum.dji.com/thread-139117-1-1.html
2018-3-6
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-3-6 08:00
You're in Australia and the OP is in United-States so that seems unlikely

Really, haven't you heard of a joke!
2018-3-6
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-3-6 14:06
Really, haven't you heard of a joke!

Lmao the joke flew right over my head. Sorry haha
2018-3-6
Use props
crafchyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272195 ft
United States

So where was the drone found? I lost mine at Swallow Cliff Stairs area.  I believe that's in Palos Park Illinois.
Thanks.
2018-3-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

hey barrington - did you find the owner of the drone - i think we would all love to know. Please provide the location - there have been lost drone posts before but usa is a big place so if we cant narrow things down then that does not help.
2018-3-27
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Well funny you should mention that, I was out testing my new "long distance" battery, it is made in Peru at the Shimi Wami factory. This battery allows you to stay in the air for up to 684 hours provided you fly at 86 000 ft for cooling. I lost contact with the drone over Siberia but they do glide. My flight record shows this drone could of glided to the USA under the right conditions and the last picture I saw was a roof..... just saying.
2018-3-27
Use props
BarringtonNH038
New
United States

The powers of Facebook I was able to find the owner.. I guess DJI replaced the drone because it took off because of a software issue.. so know he has two...
2018-3-27
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

BarringtonNH038 Posted at 2018-3-27 08:51
The powers of Facebook I was able to find the owner.. I guess DJI replaced the drone because it took off because of a software issue.. so know he has two...

Well done mate
2018-3-27
Use props
djiuser_gfKhU5E23Uih
lvl.1

United States

is there anyway someone can give me dji corporate number or pass this along to someone that can and will actually help and not just send me these useless emails it would be greatly appreciated( email vjs1418@outlook.com ) I just found out that my drone i mailed back to get fixed somehow along the way was open (according to ups) and taken and the customer service is giving me the runaround (dji)and im gettimg nowhere my mavic 2; Is my business /my job/ how I provide for my family its how we/I live and take care of my children And family I do all kind of wedding videos pictures , real estate ect I dont have 1 month let alone any longer to wait to figure out if someone is going to take blame pr not please someone help. My tracking number is 1zx902w99095864465 and the case number is cas-5025803-n0c0n7.  really i need to reach frank Wang CEO of DJI or someone that has authority cause the customer service is awful and not fair and not of any help thanks god bless!
2020-9-20
Use props
djiuser_gfKhU5E23Uih
lvl.1

United States

is there anyway someone can give me dji corporate number or pass this along to someone that can and will actually help and not just send me these useless emails it would be greatly appreciated( email vjs1418@outlook.com ) I just found out that my drone i mailed back to get fixed somehow along the way was open (according to ups) and taken and the customer service is giving me the runaround (dji)and im gettimg nowhere my mavic 2; Is my business /my job/ how I provide for my family its how we/I live and take care of my children And family I do all kind of wedding videos pictures , real estate ect I dont have 1 month let alone any longer to wait to figure out if someone is going to take blame pr not please someone help. My tracking number is 1zx902w99095864465 and the case number is cas-5025803-n0c0n7.  really i need to reach frank Wang CEO of DJI or someone that has authority cause the customer service is awful and not fair and not of any help thanks god bless!
2020-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules