64701 224 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 09:51
I have never said once that the concept isn't possible but I disagree with you that such a drone will be priced the same this year as their existing model.

Call me hopeful but if they raise prices than having little competition to DJI works against us consumers :-(
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 09:58
Call me hopeful but if they raise prices than having little competition to DJI works against us consumers :-(

Hence why I said it will depend on the level of tech involved and where DJI wish to place the drone. The P4 had 1/2.3" and was priced at £1200 in 2016 (before being discontinued in Jan 2017) - the P4P succeeded it and has a 1" sensor and remains priced at £1,589 or £1,819 with a screen and continues to sell more than a year later. That's probably the best similarity.
If DJI also add additional features to elevate the MP to a whole new generation in the line up then that will cost even more. Leaving the Mavic Air as the consumer grade alternative for those with a grand or less to spend. If we see a Mavic Pro released this year with a 1" sensor, 360 degree OA, new flight modes, 30+ minute flight times, a whole new design etc etc etc it will not cost £1K
2018-3-23
Use props
burnham187
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

With my B-day coming up would be awesome for the Pro 2 to come out by then.  That would have to happen in two weeks though.  I could always just tell my wife that she can get my B-Day gift late this year(as soon as the Pro 2 comes out)   Yeah that sounds like a great plan.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 10:10
Hence why I said it will depend on the level of tech involved and where DJI wish to place the drone. The P4 had 1/2.3" and was priced at £1200 in 2016 (before being discontinued in Jan 2017) - the P4P succeeded it and has a 1" sensor and remains priced at £1,589 or £1,819 with a screen and continues to sell more than a year later. That's probably the best similarity.
If DJI also add additional features to elevate the MP to a whole new generation in the line up then that will cost even more. Leaving the Mavic Air as the consumer grade alternative for those with a grand or less to spend. If we see a Mavic Pro released this year with a 1" sensor, 360 degree OA, new flight modes, 30+ minute flight times, a whole new design etc etc etc it will not cost £1K

I just think DJI wants to keep its prices stable to open and expand the drone market as a whole. The Mavic Air was produced cutting costs so the price could be kept down to expand the market as they have done to some extent.

I think the Mavic Pro will be released to the consumer market who are interested in entering that pro-consumer grade scale of drones but not have to pay over and beyond what historically the prices have been for pro-consumer drones?

Just my two cents?
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 11:47
I just think DJI wants to keep its prices stable to open and expand the drone market as a whole. The Mavic Air was produced cutting costs so the price could be kept down to expand the market as they have done to some extent.

I think the Mavic Pro will be released to the consumer market who are interested in entering that pro-consumer grade scale of drones but not have to pay over and beyond what historically the prices have been for pro-consumer drones?

You get nothing for free in this world mate - if you want a DSLR camera on a personal drone you are going to have to pay for it - pure and simple  
2018-3-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 09:49
Is your Flight Distance of 16 meters correct? You own the Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, and Spark? I'm sorry to nose in but I was just curious. Thanks.

I don't sync my flight records, just use airdata instead, not sure what DJI does with the information
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 12:58
You get nothing for free in this world mate - if you want a DSLR camera on a personal drone you are going to have to pay for it - pure and simple

Unfortunately you are probably right there is no free lunch when it comes to DSLR cameras, but I just hope they can keep the pricing down for everyone.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-3-23 13:19
I don't sync my flight records, just use airdata instead, not sure what DJI does with the information

Oh, you should trust DJI if you trust their drones? I trust them that they'll use my information positively for my benefits.
2018-3-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 09:44
How many feet did you fly your Mavic Pro before selling it?

Thanks!

My MP had 2,731,597 ft. and the MPP had 918,255 ft.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-3-23 15:18
My MP had 2,731,597 ft. and the MPP had 918,255 ft.

Wow, 2,731,597 your Mavic Pro footage sounds really impressive, how long did you own it for? Thank you for the information.
2018-3-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 15:16
Oh, you should trust DJI if you trust their drones? I trust them that they'll use my information positively for my benefits.

I'm not sure how tracking where we flying benefits us from a DJI perspective ?
2018-3-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 15:57
Wow, 2,731,597 your Mavic Pro footage sounds really impressive, how long did you own it for? Thank you for the information.

Hello,

I owned the MP for 8 months and the MPP for 3 months.
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

lannes Posted at 2018-3-23 16:57
I'm not sure how tracking where we flying benefits us from a DJI perspective ?

I think it is just built into the application so that everyone has an up to date flight diary record of all their flights. Really, I think everyone is being too cautious in a big brother world?
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-3-23 17:19
Hello,

I owned the MP for 8 months and the MPP for 3 months.

How do you compare the Mavic Pro to the MPP? Aren't they really one in the same except for the low noise props, etc?

I mean 3 minutes more flight time when shrunk down to 1 minute in real world testing isn't really much of an improvement. Plus, I like the color and looks of the original Mavic Pro, the MPP color is nice but I think the grey color of the original is just classic...
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI P5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59610 ft
Singapore

I own an Air , but i recommened you to wait for Pro 2 is because the transmission signal for control signal  and video signal are very poor
2018-3-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI P5 Posted at 2018-3-23 18:54
I own an Air , but i recommened you to wait for Pro 2 is because the transmission signal for control signal  and video signal are very poor

I think the advantage of having 1080p stream to your phone is huge for me, who records my screen on every flight and sometimes likes to watch the footage thereafter on a large Smart TV.

On my Spark, it just isn't the same watching the screen recording like it's on the Mavic Pro. Ocusync has better resolution than Lightbridge's 720p (even though Ocusync at higher distances downscales to 720p). This advantage is a real premium for the Mavic Pro.

The Mavic Air having enhanced WiFi like the Spark, I'd rather either spend practically the same price for  the Mavic Pro, or frankly just save money buying the Spark.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 15:15
Unfortunately you are probably right there is no free lunch when it comes to DSLR cameras, but I just hope they can keep the pricing down for everyone.

Well I won't complain if they do
2018-3-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 18:50
How do you compare the Mavic Pro to the MPP? Aren't they really one in the same except for the low noise props, etc?

I mean 3 minutes more flight time when shrunk down to 1 minute in real world testing isn't really much of an improvement. Plus, I like the color and looks of the original Mavic Pro, the MPP color is nice but I think the grey color of the original is just classic...

The MPP has improved motors and better esc I can definitely tell the difference between the two.  I like the MPP better and hoping the M2 will be better.
2018-3-24
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-3-23 08:38
Whenever Autel's EVO comes out MP2 is sure to follow a week after.

Don't count on it. Autel has only committed that they are going to build a 1" sensored EVO, but haven't shown anything. They are releasing a 1/2.3" EVO first, 'soon'.

That effectively takes away the need for DJI to release a MP2 the moment the 1/2.3" Evo hits the market. At best that 1/2.3" Evo is on par with the current DJI drones, and with that, Autel remains lagging behind.
2018-3-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 23:34
Well I won't complain if they do

Complaints get complaints get more complaints until Mavic Pro 2 comes out :-)
2018-3-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-3-24 02:10
The MPP has improved motors and better esc I can definitely tell the difference between the two.  I like the MPP better and hoping the M2 will be better.

I think MPP has improved features except that I like the color of the original Mavic Pro as it looks very military-like.
2018-3-24
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104121 ft
Denmark

I Will love to see a bigger CMOS om it.
2018-3-24
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104121 ft
Denmark

do you know when this year? i have heard that we are going to have a phantom 5 this year_?
2018-3-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Miaz Posted at 2018-3-24 08:36
do you know when this year? i have heard that we are going to have a phantom 5 this year_?

Nobody knows for sure but a Phantom 5 and Mavic Pro 2 should be coming in 2018 for sure!
2018-3-24
Use props
Arank-MA
lvl.4
United States

Looks like the Phantom 5 is coming first, and make sense to do it. The release of the MP2 will cannibalize the sales of the new MA.

I am think g the MP2 provably will be on shelves at the end of Summer or beginning of Fall and the price will be higher of what we are expecting.
2018-3-28
Use props
Serra Nova
lvl.1

Greenland

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2018-3-5 16:15
I've thought about selling my Spark.. the problem with that is that my wife started flying it and love it. It's an easy drone to control with the RC and responds fast. She named it "Sparkles"  OMG She might even glitter it. Though it's nice having 2nd drone cam.

So yeah..it's a tough one. I really want the Air... I think think someone said it above.. if I wait for the MP2 it will adjust all the prices down and it's right around the corner. I might just wait for now.

But why the Air? Isn't Macbook Pro better?

The air is cheaper than the pro and in youtube videos of comparing video footate the Pro takes the cake.
2018-3-28
Use props
Serra Nova
lvl.1

Greenland

HyLenz Posted at 2018-3-14 05:49
MP2 all the way. I have had a fantastic year and couple months with the MP. No (abnormal) issues. Incredible machine. 45 hours flight time, and even a couple crashes, and still going like new. The only thing I would like is more camera. A slightly bigger footprint than MA or MP will work for most that are coming off of the Phantom line, which (i think) is the demographic DJI is looking for with the MP2. There could be several flavors of the MP2, Standard, Advanced, Gold, Frankincence, Myrrh. I think the MP2 will be the start of the downfall of the Phantom line, especially if it has more camera, and the Inspire will become the Pro drone of choice. It pretty much already is...

So in the end, the new lineup will be the Tello?, Spark, MA, MP2, Inspire, Industrial. Respectively in order from good to best... Sorry Phantom fans, but i think the big, fixed arm drones, except for some very expensive pro models, will go the way of the Dino's very soon... IMO...

What do you mean by "more camera"? Does it mean another camera or a wider lens?

I too think that those big and ugly drones will go on retirement unless one is a pro filmmaker.
2018-3-28
Use props
Serra Nova
lvl.1

Greenland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 08:15
I think by the time they release the Mavic Pro 2 the price for the Mavic Air will drop by $100 as we saw for the Spark.

The Mavic Air Fly More Combo package will sell for $899 and the Mavic Pro 2 base package will come in at the same $999 price with the Fly More Combo selling again for $1,299.  

I havent bought my first drone yet and was thinking of buying the Mac Pro. Should I wait for the Mac II Pro?
2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Serra Nova Posted at 2018-3-28 06:03
I havent bought my first drone yet and was thinking of buying the Mac Pro. Should I wait for the Mac II Pro?

If you want to fly a drone within the next couple of months, then it looks like the Mavic Pro would be a fine choice. It's starting to look like DJI quite possibly is not planning on releasing another drone for this year? I purchased my Mavic Pro two weeks ago because it's a great bird.
2018-3-28
Use props
Serra Nova
lvl.1

Greenland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-28 06:08
If you want to fly a drone within the next couple of months, then it looks like the Mavic Pro would be a fine choice. It's starting to look like DJI quite possibly is not planning on releasing another drone for this year? I purchased my Mavic Pro two weeks ago because it's a great bird.

Thanks. I watched videos of it and it looks phenomal. I need it to film me when climbing mountains and it seems the Mavic Pro has some good features, e.g. the ground/heigh level follow feature.
2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Serra Nova Posted at 2018-3-28 06:11
Thanks. I watched videos of it and it looks phenomal. I need it to film me when climbing mountains and it seems the Mavic Pro has some good features, e.g. the ground/heigh level follow feature.

If you are that advanced needing it to film you climbing mountains then the fact the Mavic Pro has its advertised 27 min. flight time, it has one of the longest running batteries then it would make itself a good choice for you.
2018-3-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-23 18:50
How do you compare the Mavic Pro to the MPP? Aren't they really one in the same except for the low noise props, etc?

After trying to spot my Mavic Pro P, flying along a background of winter bare trees; I would have gladly paid another $75 to have MPP made with brightest morning/day/evening color possible.  
I finally put a skin kit on mine so I could keep a better eye on it, and it helped immensely.

2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-28 17:31
After trying to spot my Mavic Pro P, flying along a background of winter bare trees; I would have gladly paid another $75 to have MPP made with brightest morning/day/evening color possible.  
I finally put a skin kit on mine so I could keep a better eye on it, and it helped immensely.

When I spoke with DJI Technical Support, the man who I spoke with was telling me there really wasn't a very significant difference between the MP and MPP, and he was almost downplaying the MPP saying if you put the low noise props on the MP basically you would achieve the same result?

I didn't know the cameras were different? I thought it was basically just the ESC that yields more efficiency and longer flight time was the significant difference? I paid only $799 tax included for my Mavic Pro brand new, so to pay $1099 for the Platinum, in my opinion, just wasn't worth it, do you agree?
2018-3-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-28 22:18
When I spoke with DJI Technical Support, the man who I spoke with was telling me there really wasn't a very significant difference between the MP and MPP, and he was almost downplaying the MPP saying if you put the low noise props on the MP basically you would achieve the same result?

I didn't know the cameras were different? I thought it was basically just the ESC that yields more efficiency and longer flight time was the significant difference? I paid only $799 tax included for my Mavic Pro brand new, so to pay $1099 for the Platinum, in my opinion, just wasn't worth it, do you agree?

All I have is Mavic Pro Platinum.  I would need Mavic Pro to compare it too.

I believe camera is same.  Somewhere I read there was minor improvement to camera gimbal, but no official word.
Only two differences I know of is electronic motor controller, and being able to use quieter props without motor issues.

I went with Mavic Pro Platinum for one other reason.  Newly manufactured, which can equate to improved quality.
I know our company would overtime make manufacturing improvements to existing products.
2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-28 22:43
All I have is Mavic Pro Platinum.  I would need Mavic Pro to compare it too.

I believe camera is same.  Somewhere I read there was minor improvement to camera gimbal, but no official word.

I'm confused - your profile has listed both the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum? That's strange?
2018-3-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-29 03:17
I'm confused - your profile has listed both the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum? That's strange?

Me too!
2018-3-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Maybe you have a Mavic Pro someone activated under your account or maybe your MPP is recognized as both a Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum? I think then everyone who has both MPP and MP in their profile then that probably means DJI codes the MPP as both the MP and MPP? I don't know?
2018-3-29
Use props
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

What Mavic Pro 2?  
2018-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nothing like that yet.
But the rumors were / are all over the place.
2018-3-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-29 03:17

My best guess:
First there was not MPP icon, so that MP icon was added when he registered the MPP probably.
After that they added an icon for the MPP to this forum and forgot to delete the old.
But I'm not sure of course.
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules