32796 86 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 12-18 22:34
I've only had 1 incident with Litchi that nobody was ever able to explain. Last year I had created a mission and except for the first  and last few waypoints the entire mission was set to 270 ft AG.  The flight started out perfectly, but then about 10 waypoints in my Phantom 4 went from 270 ft AG down to about 130 ft AG, it stayed at that level for about 2 waypoints then it rose back up to 270 ft AG. It as a little nerve racking at first because when it went down it came kind of close to a power or telephone pole (in reality it was probably at least 50 ft above the pole because the camera makes things seem closer than they are.).

When I got home I triple checked the waypoints to make sure they were set to 270 ft,AGL which they were, I then posted to the Litchi Facebook group about my problem, let them have access to the mission itself and the logs and nobody really even knew what to guess what was wrong. I uploaded the video too and one person pointed out that it had stayed at a constant speed in parts where it was supposed to slow down (yes I had contact with the controller the whole time.)

AGL?  Or launch point?  
2019-12-19
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-19 04:39
AGL?  Or launch point?

Yes it was set for AGL.
2019-12-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 12-19 23:47
Yes it was set for AGL.

I think the AGL option adds a whole other source of potential problems since the mission is relying on accurate elevation data from google, an accurate assessment of the AC's starting elevation/position relative to the waypoints, and possibly the accurate calculation of your location relative to sea level.  I think there are significantly more things that can go wrong during an AGL mission compared to a simple mission relative to home point.  MHO
2019-12-20
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-20 03:47
I think the AGL option adds a whole other source of potential problems since the mission is relying on accurate elevation data from google, an accurate assessment of the AC's starting elevation/position relative to the waypoints, and possibly the accurate calculation of your location relative to sea level.  I think there are significantly more things that can go wrong during an AGL mission compared to a simple mission relative to home point.  MHO

I think you are right. I've never had a problem when it was set to above launch point.
2019-12-20
Use props
fansff5605f3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217244 ft
Australia

dont slow down Posted at 2018-4-2 07:34
Rhetorical? No, its a legit question. I do not have Litchi or tried the waypoint missions on my Phantom. So my question still stands. I'm sorry if its an obvious answer to you or others

If you open the main Litchi settings menu, the three cogs in the corner, you will find many settings. One of these settings is a toggle switch for "Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss" if this is toggled on the drone will come back when it loses a signal and exit the mission. If it is toggled off, the drone will continue the mission, even after signal loss. It is up to you which option you choose, I have tested both settings and they work with a Spark. This is where it is vital that you have your altitudes set correctly as the drone will most likely be out of sight. Any video you take will continue to stored on the SD card, if the signal is lost.
2019-12-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 12-18 22:34
I've only had 1 incident with Litchi that nobody was ever able to explain. Last year I had created a mission and except for the first  and last few waypoints the entire mission was set to 270 ft AG.  The flight started out perfectly, but then about 10 waypoints in my Phantom 4 went from 270 ft AG down to about 130 ft AG, it stayed at that level for about 2 waypoints then it rose back up to 270 ft AG. It as a little nerve racking at first because when it went down it came kind of close to a power or telephone pole (in reality it was probably at least 50 ft above the pole because the camera makes things seem closer than they are.).

When I got home I triple checked the waypoints to make sure they were set to 270 ft,AGL which they were, I then posted to the Litchi Facebook group about my problem, let them have access to the mission itself and the logs and nobody really even knew what to guess what was wrong. I uploaded the video too and one person pointed out that it had stayed at a constant speed in parts where it was supposed to slow down (yes I had contact with the controller the whole time.)

(in reality it was probably at least 50 ft above the pole because the camera makes things seem closer than they are.).
Think again
The camera has a very wide angle lens.
Objects are closer than they appear.
2019-12-21
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-21 18:05
(in reality it was probably at least 50 ft above the pole because the camera makes things seem closer than they are.).
Think again
The camera has a very wide angle lens.

Interesting, I always thought utility poles were no more than 70 ft high, but I just read they can be more than 120 ft for clearance. So you are right the pole was probably closer than it appeared.

The reason I thought things appear closer than they are is because if I am coming home from RTH and the camera is looking straight foward, it always looks like it overshoots the homepoint in camera view.
2019-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules