Videos record to tablet but not as card
825 7 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colester99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 510551 ft
Canada

Hey guys and girls, I am brand new only have 3 hrs flying under my belt. So today I was flying and the screen said local cache full so I turned off local caching completely. Later in  flight I was returning home  so I was playing in the settings and it said delete local cache so I did then I turned local cache back on and was able to record it. Anyway the battery died so I brought it home and installed the new one and went flying again. I recorded video and on the record button was a little picture of the phone . This was the first time seeing this. I just forgot about it and kept recording multiple videos and taking pictures. All went well and I landed again when battery died. I took the Sd card out of the drone and put it on my computer and nothing was there. I looked at the tablet on the controller because this is the model with the built in tablet and all the video was saved there. How do I get it to record to the Sd card again?
2018-3-5
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Chances are your sd card is full but your not looking in the right spot for the files or you have a faulty sd card.
Locally cache files are very low quality and you will find that most pilots turn this feature off and never use it.
Make sure you have a cple of good quality sd cards on hand when you fly.
Sandisk extreme sd cards are the preferred brand and a size of 32 gb is most commonly used.
After you fly you should download and empty the cards onto a computer for editing/storage.
Then you should have empty sd cards everytime you take off.
2018-3-5
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Oh and welcome to the forum   lol
2018-3-5
Use props
Colester99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 510551 ft
Canada

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-5 18:06
Oh and welcome to the forum   lol

Thank you I just figured it out. The sd card was empty however it wasn’t formatted to the drone so it didn’t record. I just formatted it and it records again
2018-3-5
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Colester99 Posted at 2018-3-5 18:18
Thank you I just figured it out. The sd card was empty however it wasn’t formatted to the drone so it didn’t record. I just formatted it and it records again

Awesome glad to hear
2018-3-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tick to everything Hellsgate said, although I leave video caching on. When you record a video it's saved in all it's glory to the SD Card. While you fly the drone, what you're watching on the app is cached locally on your device (720p quality), which is why you'll see any transmission glitches replicated there. You can manage the caching by enabling/disabling it, overwritting when cache full, and setting a cache size - I typically enable, say yes, and set a large size (8+GB, as my device has storage space to burn).
So why cache the video? When I'm back home I edit the video on the SDCard, but if I want to create something quick while still in the field to, say, post on FaceBook, I'll do that on the GO 4 Editor. The editor uses the cached (720p) video stored locally on the device, which is fine for FB...

So, why isn't video on the card?  If you're card isn't fast enough, you'll see something different happening. My bet is something a little more obvious - you didn't actually start recording. Hey, I've done it - in bright sunlight it's sometimes hard to tell. Just check that it's set to video - and not to camera - when you press the Start button, and when it's videoing you'll see a duration counter immediately below the button incrementing.

Or maybe you did start recording, and the issue is something else. Let's see what others think of.

Edit: or format the card... :-)
2018-3-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-3-5 18:24
Tick to everything Hellsgate said, although I leave video caching on. When you record a video it's saved in all it's glory to the SD Card. While you fly the drone, what you're watching on the app is cached locally on your device (720p quality), which is why you'll see any transmission glitches replicated there. You can manage the caching by enabling/disabling it, overwritting when cache full, and setting a cache size - I typically enable, say yes, and set a large size (8+GB, as my device has storage space to burn).
So why cache the video? When I'm back home I edit the video on the SDCard, but if I want to create something quick while still in the field to, say, post on FaceBook, I'll do that on the GO 4 Editor. The editor uses the cached (720p) video stored locally on the device, which is fine for FB...

I second what Punchbuggy says, if you forget to slide the switch from still to video, you can hit record and not notice it just took a single shot and is not recording. To help with this, before I lift off I hit record, then verify it is actually recording before I get airborne. After landing, I shut off record before shutting the aircraft down.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm happy to know you have figured it out. Feel free to contact us if there are any further questions.
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules