Android Appcrash
492 6 2018-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gaabe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97461 ft
Hungary

I'm using a XIAOMI A1 android device to run DJI GO 4. Sometimes works without any issue, sometimes when I fly the application suddenly closing. The aircraft working with the controller at this time meanwhile I only have to restart the application.  What causing this? Tried with phone on plane mode but with same result. No otg.
It's a stock android device with 8.0 OREO.
2018-3-5
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft
Norway

You will not like the answer. People here will come to tell you to by an Apple product. DJI will point to a surprisingly short list of supported Android devices. Even those in the list will not work, because the fact is that they don't test what they write. It does crash, will crash and you can't really expect a fix. The only thing you can do is to expect it will happen and react calmly and try do land your AC if you cannot get the app back ASAP.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry that there are a large amount of Android devices and we can not test all of them. Please try to clean all the cache files and stop other app when using DJI GO 4. If the problem remains, I would recommend you use the devices in the recommended list. Thanks for your support.
app spark.JPG
2018-3-6
Use props
Gaabe
lvl.2
Hungary

Then why I can download the app from Play Store??? It says the app compatible with your device. There is no any information on the box in the store that did not work with any device just a few. Its misleading. Its have only a play store logo. Why I have to know these things after the purchase?
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gaabe Posted at 2018-3-6 02:12
Then why I can download the app from Play Store??? It says the app compatible with your device. There is no any information on the box in the store that did not work with any device just a few. Its misleading. Its have only a play store logo. Why I have to know these things after the purchase?

Please try the advice I mentioned above. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-3-6
Use props
Gaabe
lvl.2
Hungary

Tried with clean cache and no other running application. The problem most of the time occured when I'm in intelligent flight mode or active track. Last time I got app crash at landing.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

XZ Premium with Oreo 8.0 : no issue here, works surprizingly well
Try to reinstall DJI GO.
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now