Phantom 3 Lightbridge LAG
4036 13 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arcangel
New

Spain

Hi there
I just ordered a ph3 from my local dealer, but I'm thinking to buy a 8" tablet, is it true that ios goes better and has less lag?
Witch one do you recommend to have less lag? ipag mini retina or samsung galaxy Tab S.

thanks

2015-5-4
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

There might be some lag with older tablets, but anything within the last couple years that has decent processing power and RAM you will not have any issue with.
2015-5-4
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

We were using the Advanced model last night with a Samsung tablet and the lag was about 1/10th of a second or 3 frames.  We have access to the developer stuff for iOS and it seems to be roughly the same.   
2015-5-4
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a new Nvidia Shield and it has some lag when recording 4k. If I'm not recording there's no lag.
Here's a BORING screen recording of the Shield recording in 4k to show that I'm not getting video disconnects anymore after I updated the firmware this morning.  It's a lot of data recording 4k and also screen recording.
This P3 is pretty amazing.

2015-5-4
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-5 04:28
I have a new Nvidia Shield and it has some lag when recording 4k. If I'm not recording there's no la ...

Having never used the DJI Pilot app before, this is a fantastic video. Thank you! It looks so much better and more informative than the Vision app that most of us are used to. Did you find any pitfalls during flying with the Shield or was it smooth sailing?
2015-5-4
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

nvidia shield
2015-5-4
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cacc Posted at 2015-5-5 04:37
Having never used the DJI Pilot app before, this is a fantastic video. Thank you! It looks so much ...

You need to do a lot of studying on the app. there's so many cool features within it. I'll set a feature I like and sometimes it takes me a while to find that feature again. it's an incredible app packed with fun stuff. It just takes time to learn it, I'm only on the 3rd day and I still have a long ways to go with learning how to use the app.
I also can't wait to try my wife's iPad Air, and if I like that better then I'll get one. My iPad2 is too old for the app.major pitfall was the disconnecting of the video. I actually have a RMA with DJI to return and exchange. But then I saw the firmware update and tried it and it fixed the dropouts.
2015-5-4
Use props
arcangel
New

Spain

Thanks a lot for the answer so then witch one do you recommend to have the best flying experience the Samsung tab S or nvidia shield ?
2015-5-4
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

Awesome Jasper. Thanks for the screen save video. It's remarkable. It does make me think there is enough to keep a pilot busy AND a photographer/videographer busy at a second control transmitter. (Wish, wish!)

Can anyone list other devices which are capable of recording it's own screen shot? Specifically Galaxy Tab 4?

Again, thanks, Jasper!
2015-5-4
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2327411 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a new Nvidia Shield and it has some lag when recording 4k. If I'm not recording there's no la ...

I have Phantom 3 P,  with the nvidia shield as well.   I experienced the same lag issue as you mention but not always and never on my galaxy S6 Edge.
2015-5-28
Use props
techellc
lvl.1

United States

If you are getting lag while recording that is because of video cache. I turned video cache off in app and my nexus 7 runs smooth and a lot less battery drain.
2015-5-28
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2327411 ft
  • >>>
United States

techellc Posted at 2015-5-29 14:52
If you are getting lag while recording that is because of video cache. I turned video cache off in ...

Ill give that a try as well.... Thanks!
2015-6-1
Use props
ruprick
lvl.2

United States

techellc Posted at 2015-5-29 14:52
If you are getting lag while recording that is because of video cache. I turned video cache off in ...

Other than being able to pull off a quick edit using DJI app, what is the purpose of video cache? It's kind of cool to be able to show off the video instantly through cache, but if this will minimize lag and disconnects I'm all for disabling.
2015-6-1
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I donated my iPad Mini 1st gen.  Won a 3-month old iPad Mini 3 64gb wifi+cell on ebay for near half new price.  Received my P3A two weeks ago - couldn't be happier.  iPad 3 is actually the perfect size.
2015-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules