DJI Customer Service seriously lacking
744 6 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IOHIM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209262 ft
United States

December of 2016 I bought my first drone, a DJI Phantom 4. I absolutely fell in love with it, felt like a kid again as I flew it everyday for the first two months. I captured some amazing video with it. Then while on a road trip, I watched in disbelief as my drone malfunctioned and flew away. The drone ended up in the top of a tree on the side of a sheer cliff, not recoverable except by trained mountain climbers, of which I am not. I had purchased the  DJI Care program but since I didnt have a crashed drone to send in DJI said they could'nt help me. 2 months old and Im out $1500, needless to say I was not happy. I contacted DSLR Pros, where I purchased the drone and they informed me that DJI can review the flight records and determine the cause of the crash. I contacted DJI and they reluctantly agreed to look into this, at a snails pace. DJI strung me along for 10 months and still no replacement drone. I was forced to share my story, in detail, all over social media. I made hundreds of posts. DJI asked me to please stop, when I have the replacement in hand I will stop I told them. DJI ruiened flying drones for me. Their customer service staff lied to me over and over again, 3 times I was on hold for 90 min onlly to be hung up on, 3 times. They finally sent a replacement after the DJI Care expired and refused to credit me the time I sat without a drone (10 months should have been added to the replacement drone). What is wrong with people these days? I'm certain that all of the negative press I created cost them a few dozen sales. I've concluded DJI has grown way too fast to keep up with any reasonable form of customer service IF they ever cared in the first place. Shame on you DJI, shame on you !!!

Brent A Smith
brentasmith@earthlink.net
1-517-304-5606

2018-3-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'They finally sent a replacement after the DJI Care expired and refused to credit me the time I sat without a drone (10 months should have been added to the replacement drone). What is wrong with people these days? '

Mongrels, I would sue them. Get a lawyer onto them, because it is standard practice all over the world to extend an insurance or warranty by the length of time they have screwed you around.

'I was forced to share my story, in detail, all over social media. I made hundreds of posts. DJI asked me to please stop, when I have the replacement in hand I will stop I told them.'

And yet despite your promise, here you are with a replacement and you are still blabbing all over the Internet.
2018-3-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like you may have done rather well, the first line of the Exclusions in DJI Care terms and conditions says that it won't cover lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories. It's not like they hide the fact that the insurance policy covers damage not loss.

But then you're probably aware of that already given the time you've expended on it to get a free replacement.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Brent, we understand how you feel, very sorry about it. I’ve reported your case to the designated department for investigation. They will take care of this and contact you soon. We'll keep an eye on this as well.
2018-3-6
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-6 01:07
'They finally sent a replacement after the DJI Care expired and refused to credit me the time I sat without a drone (10 months should have been added to the replacement drone). What is wrong with people these days? '

Mongrels, I would sue them. Get a lawyer onto them, because it is standard practice all over the world to extend an insurance or warranty by the length of time they have screwed you around.

Sometimes  it’s just much more polite to not respond at all than to be rude to posters asking for help.
2018-3-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JockC Posted at 2018-3-7 02:43
Sometimes  it’s just much more polite to not respond at all than to be rude to posters asking for help.

Yep, and if they were asking for help I would do that. But this is just a rant.
2018-3-7
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-7 15:51
Yep, and if they were asking for help I would do that. But this is just a rant.

As was your reply. So don’t reply at all
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules