848 6 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

On my wishlist for the next software OS release is the ability to use in monitor LUT:s.
That would be very helpful when flying and filming in D-Log!
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, please tell me more details about the feature you mentioned so I can forward it to our engineers for further improvement. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-6 20:27
Hi, please tell me more details about the feature you mentioned so I can forward it to our engineers for further improvement. Thanks for your support.

Sure. When you record with the D-Log setting the picture is flat. In post production you apply a LUT to grade it to a certain color. Almost like a filter. On professional field monitors, like the CS is marked as,  you can apply the LUT in the monitor and see the end result directly when filming. Without this possibility the screen is very dull with almost no color and contrast when flying. This makes it harder to navigate when flying.
2018-3-7
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Swedrone Posted at 2018-3-7 07:21
Sure. When you record with the D-Log setting the picture is flat. In post production you apply a LUT to grade it to a certain color. Almost like a filter. On professional field monitors, like the CS is marked as,  you can apply the LUT in the monitor and see the end result directly when filming. Without this possibility the screen is very dull with almost no color and contrast when flying. This makes it harder to navigate when flying.

When using EL Mode you can change to a Rec709 look. Which helps already.
But I agree. Adding premade custom LUT's could help in some cases. Atleast for the hdmi out, so the custromer sees a more charmin image ;)
Otherwise, on bigger productions, the folks in the video village can add a look on the customer screen.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sure. When you record with the D-Log setting the picture is flat. In post production you apply a LUT to grade it to a certain color. Almost like a filter. On professional field monitors, like the CS is marked as,  you can apply the LUT in the monitor and see the end result directly when filming. Without this possibility the screen is very dull with almost no color and contrast when flying. This makes it harder to navigate when flying.

Thanks for your update. I would forward your suggestion to our engineers. Thanks for your attention.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sure. When you record with the D-Log setting the picture is flat. In post production you apply a LUT to grade it to a certain color. Almost like a filter. On professional field monitors, like the CS is marked as,  you can apply the LUT in the monitor and see the end result directly when filming. Without this possibility the screen is very dull with almost no color and contrast when flying. This makes it harder to navigate when flying.

Thanks for the details and your attention. Your idea will be forwarded.  
2018-3-10
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Coyut Posted at 2018-3-8 23:27
When using EL Mode you can change to a Rec709 look. Which helps already.
But I agree. Adding premade custom LUT's could help in some cases. Atleast for the hdmi out, so the custromer sees a more charmin image ;)
Otherwise, on bigger productions, the folks in the video village can add a look on the customer screen.

Thank´s. Is El Mode available on the Mavic I´m using?
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules