Orange photo fix?
2371 18 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fjord Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1612215 ft
Japan

When imported to adobe lightroom some of my photos turnes out orange. Anyone else with this issue? Anyone know the fix?I´ve also noticed that it happens to some of the photos shot straigt down. When it happens the picture on the screen (i have the pro plus version with built in screen on controller) the picture flips upside down (just the picture, not the menyes etc).

Screendump Lightroom

Screendump Lightroom

2018-3-6
Use props
Phantom Rebel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

It hadn't chance to over expose itself after hitting the sunlight on the snow. Cameras will do strange things lots of the time.
2018-3-6
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

After the last update, there has been a lot of links on this forum about this problem, there was a beta release as a fix from Susan but I don’t know if this fix is still there from Susan from DJI.
2018-3-6
Use props
ScottUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pretty certain this is a firmware problem. A few people have had the same problem since the last update
2018-3-6
Use props
Fjord Pro
lvl.1
Japan

Phantom Rebel Posted at 2018-3-6 07:28
It hadn't chance to over expose itself after hitting the sunlight on the snow. Cameras will do strange things lots of the time.

Happens regardless of exposure. This was just a few examples with snow, but over exposure is not the issue.
2018-3-6
Use props
Fjord Pro
lvl.1
Japan

DJI has asked med to refresh the firmware. I´ll check if that does the trick. DJI has also told me that the issue with the picture flipping upside down is a software error and will be fixed in a future update.
2018-3-6
Use props
Phantom Rebel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

Fjord Pro Posted at 2018-3-6 23:31
Happens regardless of exposure. This was just a few examples with snow, but over exposure is not the issue.

I think you'll find that it is exactly that.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Fjord, sorry to read on this, could you please provide us the original pictures so that we can double confirm with our engineers? If it is OK, please upload them to Dropbox or Google Driver and post us the link. Just to verify, you are running the latest firmware right? What is the model of your Micro SD card? Thank you.
2018-3-10
Use props
Fjord Pro
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-10 01:59
Hi Fjord, sorry to read on this, could you please provide us the original pictures so that we can double confirm with our engineers? If it is OK, please upload them to Dropbox or Google Driver and post us the link. Just to verify, you are running the latest firmware right? What is the model of your Micro SD card? Thank you.

Hi, The fimware is updated and I've also refreshed the firmware using DJI Assistant 2.

The micro SD is a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB. I've had the same issues with other micro SD´s.
sending the dropbox link as PM.

By the way: I've sent the drone to service in the Netherlands twice  (i had to pay for the transport and lost business of course) . First time it dropped from the sky and was lost in a fjord (all systems ok, no warning at all) and this time got it back after DJI was saying that the issue  with orange photos was fixed (plus issues with the controller screen).. hoping that you finally can fix the issues or send me a complete new system (drone and controller) as I'm loosing a lot of business now.
2018-3-10
Use props
alexo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70866 ft
Australia

I also have the orange tint photos, firmware 01.05.0300 released 25-Dec-2017.
Does the firmware update 01.05.0600 resolve this issue?
Is there a way to correct these images in lightroom?
The picvtures are RAW, JPEG colors are correct, auto white balance selected
Capture DJI Orange Tint.PNG
2018-3-11
Use props
alexo
lvl.1
Australia

I may have a fix for this issue with orange tint at least for photos using photoshop, I got a hint of what might be wrong when it was pointed out here that the image inversion is related to the tint, perhaps the software does not realise that the camera is inverted and so the color channels are swapped.

I have a good photo and its histogram

And the orange tint photo and its histogram

In the good images the peaks in the histogram red is always the first peak, in the orange photos red is always the first peak.

So I searched how to swap the color channels and found this guide for correcting infrared photos Pario TechniBlob Color swapping

So this is what you can do in photoshop:
1.        Image -> Adjustments -> Channel Mixer
2.        With the Output Channel set to the default of Red then set Source Channels Red to 0 and Blue to 100%
3.        Now set the Output Channel to Blue then set Source Channels Red to 100 and Blue to 0%

This is the channel mixer

And this is the result

Perhaps there is someone who can figure out how to do this in Lightroom and how people can fix their video files too using a tool that can perform channel swapping.

2018-3-11
Use props
alexo
lvl.1
Australia

apologies, my result file was clipped this is a better view of the result
2018-3-11
Use props
Fjord Pro
lvl.1
Japan

Thanks a lot for all the info Alexo! Tried your trick but it did not fix my photos (mostly shot in snowy conditions). However I've now determined that the error occurs only when the flipped picture problem happens.  DJI says that the flipped picture issue will be fixed in a future update, so hopefully that will also fix the orange issue. Thanks again. :-)
2018-3-12
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Fjord Pro Posted at 2018-3-12 06:45
Thanks a lot for all the info Alexo! Tried your trick but it did not fix my photos (mostly shot in snowy conditions). However I've now determined that the error occurs only when the flipped picture problem happens.  DJI says that the flipped picture issue will be fixed in a future update, so hopefully that will also fix the orange issue. Thanks again. :-)

Do you still have the problem with the latest release, 1.5.0600 ?
I think it was solved in that as they had a beta .0301 out very quick when the problem was first reported.
2018-3-12
Use props
Fjord Pro
lvl.1
Japan

Thanks KedDK, the 1.5.0600 just turned up so I´ll update now. If the upside down problem gets fixed, hopefully the orange problem also gets fixed. I´ll post a note when I've tested the drone.
2018-3-12
Use props
alexo
lvl.1
Australia

I dont think that me instructions are clear
2018-3-13
Use props
alexo
lvl.1
Australia

what you need to do is set red to 0 and blue to 100% on the red channel.
Then change the channel to Blue
Then set Blue to 0 and red to 100

2018-3-13
Use props
alexo
lvl.1
Australia

Fjord Pro Posted at 2018-3-12 06:45
Thanks a lot for all the info Alexo! Tried your trick but it did not fix my photos (mostly shot in snowy conditions). However I've now determined that the error occurs only when the flipped picture problem happens.  DJI says that the flipped picture issue will be fixed in a future update, so hopefully that will also fix the orange issue. Thanks again. :-)

I fixed your photo, useful if you want to recover what you shot
2018-3-13
Use props
Fjord Pro
lvl.1
Japan

Thanks for that Alexo! After the last update (1.5.0600) the problem with flipping of on screen image and orange photos now seems to be solved. Thanks for all you help, fly safe :-)
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules