Advice for DJI: Better packaging, please.
1347 13 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sheinisch
lvl.1

Germany

Hi all,

I have received my Phantom 3 Pro today. The original box had been put into an app. 1.5 times larger package, without any material to fill the remaining space. The effect was that the original box must have tumbled around and being shocked by any rotation of the package.

While unboxing I saw that the gimbal protection had already fallen out and the corners of the original box were slightly crushed. Anyway, the gimbal moves correctly and does not seem to have any damage. I will check this as soon as the iOS app comes out.

But, in order to avoid any damage during delivery, you should optimize that.

Best regards,
*Sven*
2015-5-4
Use props
mvkilmer
lvl.2

United States

I agree.  Same exact issues here.  This needs to be addressed for future orders.
2015-5-4
Use props
gevorck
lvl.1

United States

I agree. Same here.
2015-5-4
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

Every unboxing video shows this issue too.
2015-5-4
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Same here. My gimbal protector was barely hanging in place and just fell right off when I lifted the bird from the box.
2015-5-4
Use props
Fearless
lvl.3

Netherlands

Also here the same problem
2015-5-4
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ed (from DI) knows about it....I think he passed it on to the logistics folks.

Something as simple as a rubber band or twist tie could hold the gimbal lock over. Or, the box should have been made better to cradle it.
2015-5-4
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

They didn't put the gimbal mock on correctly. When it's correctly on and the tab is in the slot it takes some force to remove the lock.
2015-5-4
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-5 05:36
They didn't put the gimbal mock on correctly. When it's correctly on and the tab is in the slot it t ...

That's exactly what I was wondering Jasper7821. I've watched videos of people removing them from Phantom2 v+ and they always have to use a little force.

So why are these just falling off the Phantom 3's?
2015-5-4
Use props
rbarbour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

My clip was on tight, but I didn't see this piece of styrofoam at first.

2015-5-4
Use props
sheinisch
lvl.1

Germany

First of all the boxes need to be secured and/or adjusted in size. Shock damage is most likely to occur, when the the inner Dji-box is tumbling around. I kind of fear that the gimbal lock may have been loosened by those guys juggling the packages or racing them around in their cars...  ;-)
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Guys I've passed it on to related departments, with some unboxing videos in which the gimble clip fell off when took the bird out.
2015-5-4
Use props
nurzia
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-5 13:30
Guys I've passed it on to related departments, with some unboxing videos in which the gimble clip fe ...

I agree on this post. The DJI sale need to thing to use specific box to ship the drone and not bigger box that seems recycled from other shipping. Come one DJI.. why loose point on this stupid things ;-)
2015-5-5
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

same here, completely off !
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules