Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

I got my new Inspire 2 with X5S and all codecs last week. Due to constant snowfall I've just started testing the camera indoors. It's low light conditions, but I notice some rolling horizontal banding on both ProRes 4444HQ as well as on CinemaDNG, both shot with D-Log. It's looks a bit like rolling lines on an old CRT screen. I've played it in Quicktime and in DaVinci Resolve and both movies show the same issue. I'm getting a bit worried. I wonder if someone else have noted this.
I tried to upload to Youtube, but it compresses it too much so the issue dissapear in all the other artifact the compression does.

The Inspire 2 and X5S are brand new, and they have never flown yet. Latest official firmware as of today - 2018-03-06.

2018-3-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Sorry to read on your issue. Can  you provide a video on what you are seeing? You can post that here on the forum.
2018-3-6
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-6 12:52
Sorry to read on your issue. Can  you provide a video on what you are seeing? You can post that here on the forum.

I will make further testing. It *could* have been the ceiling light flickering (not seen by the eye) versus frame rate making the banding. I tested in another room with another type of lighting and then I did not see the issue. But since it was dark outside and quite dark in the room, I'm not sure. I had to yank up the gamma and brightness in DaVinci Resolve. Due to darkness the video was very noisy, but I did not see as pronounced banding like I had filmning in the first room.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 2018-3-6 22:18
I will make further testing. It *could* have been the ceiling light flickering (not seen by the eye) versus frame rate making the banding. I tested in another room with another type of lighting and then I did not see the issue. But since it was dark outside and quite dark in the room, I'm not sure. I had to yank up the gamma and brightness in DaVinci Resolve. Due to darkness the video was very noisy, but I did not see as pronounced banding like I had filmning in the first room.

You are probably right, please do more tests and it would be better to fly outside with enough brightness to see if there is any issues, please keep us updated after test, thank you.
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules