DJI repair Cerritos California dispute
1770 10 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_andVRHgynP6r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 66644 ft
United States

Ok. I have a phantom 3 standard that developed a wonky gimbal dance. No crashes ever (about 6 months old).The feed still worked and the gimbal would work most of the time...but occasionally would act "lost" during its startup dance.

I created a repair order and shipped it out to California intending to pay for the repairs (just out of gimbal warranty).

Just got an email stating it requires a left landing gear..right landing gear..wifi module... etc Total 175.00 (wifi module would even be covered by warranty if true)

This doesnt sound like the never crashed pristine drone I sent in (recognisable by star wars vinyl skin), but more like a crashed drone.
I called DJI but they were of no help stating it "doesnt matter" what parts they wanted to replace...HUH?

Could some DJI person look into this for me? I will gladly pay for whatever parts the drone needs..but this drone doesnt sound at all like mine. I dont want to buy parts and still have
an unreliable gimbal.

CASE NUMBER CAS-1492714-P3J1L9  

Many thanks to anyone from DJI who will look into this.

2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_andVRHgynP6r
lvl.4
United States

EDIT: The invoice states missing serial number (perhaps due to the skin on it. I wonder if that isnt the cause of the confusion on which is my drone and what was wrong with it. I sent the online printout with the drone in the original purchase packaging.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

If the serial number is off, that may provide wrong information. I will check out the repair information and let you know further on this point. Why don't you send me a personal message with the repair ID so we can discuss this privately further?
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_andVRHgynP6r
lvl.4
United States

PM sent Mark. Let me know if you need anything else.
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_andVRHgynP6r
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Mark      Where do I go from here?
2018-3-6
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

I have the SAME PROBLEM.  And NOBODY will answer my questions!!  I sent my P4 back with a focus problem and the repair estimate had a main camera board and BOTH landing gears.  Never a crash.  No cracks. Nothing.  I am not going to pay for the repair of something that DJI can justify to me as to why they need to replace gears!!

DJI??? What say you??  So far, the service I have been getting has been terrible and I could not recommend sending equipment to DJI for after-warranty repair.  My P4 sits somewhere in California waiting...
2018-4-13
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

djiuser_andVRHgynP6r Posted at 2018-3-6 13:09
EDIT: The invoice states missing serial number (perhaps due to the skin on it. I wonder if that isnt the cause of the confusion on which is my drone and what was wrong with it. I sent the online printout with the drone in the original purchase packaging.

They should be able to pull the serial number off the drone via usb cable or the RC.
2018-4-13
Use props
tylerjhill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34014006 ft
United States

Recently had this same thing with M2P.. had a remote control issue and sent in aircraft along with it to verify it wasn't an internal component. Upon receiving the package, they said the gimbal was broken. Ticket had a picture of the camera hanging sideways. Had never crashed and it was in perfect condition when it left my hands. I had shipped via UPS and had them bubble wrap it well with the gimbal guard on, and seems unlikely it could have broken in transit. Absolutely infuriating to have to pay for something that was never broken to begin with. What a terrible customer experience.
2019-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

tylerjhill Posted at 12-12 14:48
Recently had this same thing with M2P.. had a remote control issue and sent in aircraft along with it to verify it wasn't an internal component. Upon receiving the package, they said the gimbal was broken. Ticket had a picture of the camera hanging sideways. Had never crashed and it was in perfect condition when it left my hands. I had shipped via UPS and had them bubble wrap it well with the gimbal guard on, and seems unlikely it could have broken in transit. Absolutely infuriating to have to pay for something that was never broken to begin with. What a terrible customer experience.

That’s a horrible experience you went through. I wish there was something I could do, to help alleviate your ill feelings.
This has got to be most frustrating. I can only sympathize your situation, and hope that a positive resolve is the end result.

RedHotPoker
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Recently had this same thing with M2P.. had a remote control issue and sent in aircraft along with it to verify it wasn't an internal component. Upon receiving the package, they said the gimbal was broken. Ticket had a picture of the camera hanging sideways. Had never crashed and it was in perfect condition when it left my hands. I had shipped via UPS and had them bubble wrap it well with the gimbal guard on, and seems unlikely it could have broken in transit. Absolutely infuriating to have to pay for something that was never broken to begin with. What a terrible customer experience.

Hi tylerjhill, sorry to hear about your experience, may we have your case number so that we can check more details for further support? Thank you in advance.
2019-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Recently had this same thing with M2P.. had a remote control issue and sent in aircraft along with it to verify it wasn't an internal component. Upon receiving the package, they said the gimbal was broken. Ticket had a picture of the camera hanging sideways. Had never crashed and it was in perfect condition when it left my hands. I had shipped via UPS and had them bubble wrap it well with the gimbal guard on, and seems unlikely it could have broken in transit. Absolutely infuriating to have to pay for something that was never broken to begin with. What a terrible customer experience.

Hi there, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account in the end, there are two cases, the aircraft and the RC have been divided into two cases, the RC was recorded under CAS-3813083-P4N8Z6, it has been evaluated and our repair center will help get it repaired/replaced.
For the gimbal CAS-2433943-H5V7W8, we have diagnosed that the gimbal has difficulties returning to center, and it needs to be repaired as well, please check the evaluation picture here: https://repair.dji.com/en/suppor ... ndsite&from=nav
We see you have paid for these two cases, our repair center will get them repaired as soon as possible.
2019-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules