Phantom 3 advanced gimbal/ camera compatible with Phantom 3 4k?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefhearn
lvl.2
Trinidad and Tobago

Good day,

I have a crashed phantom 3 advanced with the gimbal in good condition and my friend has a phantom 3 4k without a gimbal. If i were to give him my phantom 3 advanced gimbal/ camera would it be possible to work on his phantom 3 4k? We made the swap and when powered on the gimbal did not come on. Guarantee the gimbal is working. Can anyone assist? What would i have to do to get this to work if possible?

Stefan

2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Stefan, I'm sorry to tell you that the gimbal camera of P3A and P3 4K are not compatible. You may have to send it in for further assistance: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-6
Use props
Stefhearn
lvl.2
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-6 18:48
Hi Stefan, I'm sorry to tell you that the gimbal camera of P3A and P3 4K are not compatible. You may have to send it in for further assistance: https://www.dji.com/support

Thanks for the reply. Is this the reason why the advanced gimbal did not power on when i switched it unto the p34k?
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Stefhearn Posted at 2018-3-7 02:50
Thanks for the reply. Is this the reason why the advanced gimbal did not power on when i switched it unto the p34k?

Both the hardware and firmware are different, so it's normal to get such a result...
2018-3-9
Use props
Stefhearn
lvl.2
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-9 02:45
Both the hardware and firmware are different, so it's normal to get such a result...

Thanks for the info. Basically this is my situation the drone dipped in water and after that The drone powers on fine and flies normal, doesn't throw any codes on the software but for some reason the gimbal does not initialize or powers on and obviously the camera isn't working. So could there be something fried on the board that doesn't allow the gimbal to work or is just that the gimbal itself is fried. Before i spend alot of money shipping this product to your company can you please tell me if it is possible for the drone to throw no software codes and fly normal but yet the gimbal to not power on because something is fried on the board (being that it is an integrated board) or could it just be that the gimbal itself is fried and needs replacing?

Do look forward to your rapid response and appreciate the assistance.

BTW I am from the caribbean hence the reason for trying to solve this issue from home.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Stefhearn Posted at 2018-3-9 04:30
Thanks for the info. Basically this is my situation the drone dipped in water and after that The drone powers on fine and flies normal, doesn't throw any codes on the software but for some reason the gimbal does not initialize or powers on and obviously the camera isn't working. So could there be something fried on the board that doesn't allow the gimbal to work or is just that the gimbal itself is fried. Before i spend alot of money shipping this product to your company can you please tell me if it is possible for the drone to throw no software codes and fly normal but yet the gimbal to not power on because something is fried on the board (being that it is an integrated board) or could it just be that the gimbal itself is fried and needs replacing?

Do look forward to your rapid response and appreciate the assistance.

Stefan, I'm sorry it is hard to tell the current status based on your description. Whether the part is damaged or not depends on the damage assessment once received the unit. You can also check whether the local dealers can help: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules