7029 7 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
psitech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19715 ft
  • >>>
United States

Straight out of the box - Charged up to full - press power button and lights come on but literally nothing else happens.  Gimble does nothing.  Literally nothing but the lights turning on.  I've got solid green light along with battery lights.   DJI Go 4 app doesn't recognize the device.  However I can it connected to my pixel 2 xl via bluetooth.  Anybody have any ideas?

I've had 2 phantoms - Currently have a Mavic Pro - Also have a Smooth-Q... So this isn't my first rodeo.  What am I missing?
2018-3-6
Use props
psitech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19715 ft
  • >>>
United States

Figured it out.  The Osmo Mobile 2 has to be "activated" with the DJI Go (before P4) app before it will do anything.  I was using the same app DJI Go app I use with the Mavic.  
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

psitech Posted at 2018-3-6 17:41
Figured it out.  The Osmo Mobile 2 has to be "activated" with the DJI Go (before P4) app before it will do anything.  I was using the same app DJI Go app I use with the Mavic.

Glad to know you figured it out, hope you have a great time with it and please let us know if you have any further questions.
2018-3-6
Use props
senatorkelley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450525 ft
United States

psitech Posted at 2018-3-6 17:41

This is very helpful! Same exact issue. I was expecting atleast a gimbal test movement. I'll wait till its fully charged before i connect it with the right DJI go app. So very confusing.
2018-3-7
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Also, I've noticed sometimes that, if I try to fire up my Osmo with the gimbal in the "relaxed" position (in other words, just hanging), it doesn't start.  But if I move the head up just a bit as I turn it on, no problem.
2018-3-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-7 15:11
Also, I've noticed sometimes that, if I try to fire up my Osmo with the gimbal in the "relaxed" position (in other words, just hanging), it doesn't start.  But if I move the head up just a bit as I turn it on, no problem.

Check your balance in the pitch axis.  Will the phone stay in a horizontal position?
2018-3-7
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-3-7 19:23
Check your balance in the pitch axis.  Will the phone stay in a horizontal position?

Thanks.  Yes, it is well balanced.  It just seems to be a bit reluctant to pop out of a fully hung down position.  If I move it at all away from full down, it then pops up nicely to the "ready" position.
2018-3-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-7 21:59
Thanks.  Yes, it is well balanced.  It just seems to be a bit reluctant to pop out of a fully hung down position.  If I move it at all away from full down, it then pops up nicely to the "ready" position.

Could you post a picture of what "Fully hung down position"  looks like?
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules