Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2018-03-04 - Price Tower - Bartlesville, OK
1276 10 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

I was in NE Oklahoma over last weekend to see this Frank Lloyd Wright building erected in the 1950s. We did the tour and stayed in one of the hotel rooms. It's a very beautiful building. The green portions are made of copper and Mr. Wright intentionally used the copper knowing it would turn green. He wanted it to represent a tree sticking up out of the forest. As far as the drone, I was impressed that it stayed as steady as it did considering we were getting 40 mph wind gusts. See the American flag blowing on the building.

About 1:22 in the gimbal briefly reset which caused the shake.

Steve
Flight distance : 7470
Flight distance + Litchi: 87349

2018-3-6
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Wow.  You're right about that wind.  Amazing.
2018-3-6
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
United States

I am continuously amazed at how tough the P4P is in conditions like this.
2018-3-6
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

That was very surprising, I have been staying grounded with 25 mph gusts with my P3S .
I didn't realize that it could hold that steady with that kind of wind.
When the gimbal reset, I forgot you mentioned it in the post...I gasp thinking you miss judged and hit something.
2018-3-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful video!
2018-3-6
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Excellent Work !!
2018-3-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

The stability under difficult conditions is re-assuring, but you must have had a fright at the moment the gimbal reset itself.  Interesting building. Thanks for the share.
2018-3-7
Use props
Leftyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Very Nice Video!
2018-3-7
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197054 ft
United States

Dang, that's impressive video considering that wind!  I had my PS3 out this weekend and have come to the decsion that 25 MPH gusts will be the highest that I'll consider taking it out in.
2018-3-7
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
United States

@Amateur Droner & Blériot53, yes, I did completely freak when the gimbal shifted. I thought for sure the drone was going down. It was on the opposite side of the building from me and briefly out of sight. I was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief when I saw it come around. When I looked at the .CSV version of the log I saw during that time frame that gimbal controls reset to zeros before resuming their previous positions. The motors, speed, and direction of the drone were all stable through the incident.
2018-3-7
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Good work
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules