gimbal calibration gets stuck at 31%
5798 6 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nugen_modz
New

United States

so ive had my MP put away for a bit, then i feel like using it again so i got it all updated to the latest version. I then get everything ready to go and it says my gimbal is overloaded. I made sure the clamp wasnt installed, and then i tried to calibrate the gimbal and it stays at 31%. I've tried resetting everything to factory settings, installed different versions, and nothing seems to work. I probably have only 2-3 hours of fly time. Can anyone please help me out with this, this thing wasnt cheap and now its not working so you can bet im getting frustrated.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did you crash your drone before? Please tell me the firmware of your drone. Any error message from your app? Thanks for your support.
2018-3-6
Use props
nugen_modz
New

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-6 22:40
Did you crash your drone before? Please tell me the firmware of your drone. Any error message from your app? Thanks for your support.

01.04.0300 is my current version, and I have not crashed it. The only error message is that the gimbal is overloaded.
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

nugen_modz Posted at 2018-3-7 16:15
01.04.0300 is my current version, and I have not crashed it. The only error message is that the gimbal is overloaded.

Please try to restart the drone for a couple of times and check if the gimbal anti-drop hooks are mounted properly, then do the calibration again, if the calibration still doesn't work, I suggest sending the drone in so we can help to take care of it. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

2018-3-8
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20561 ft
United States

nugen_modz Posted at 2018-3-7 16:15
01.04.0300 is my current version, and I have not crashed it. The only error message is that the gimbal is overloaded.

Unfortunately if you read the boards, this is a common problem and it will not be covered under warranty.  I had my MPP 24 hours and this started happening.  Received an invoice for $161 for repair.  24 HOURS AND NO CRASH in flight records.  
2018-4-13
Use props
MMerritt
New

United States

When I tried to calibrate my gimbal it stopped at 31% too.  I recently crashed it and replaced the ribbon cable in the gimbal.  There are two somewhat similar round covers on the gimbal.  I had them reversed when I reinstalled them.  When I switched them everything worked fine.
2020-1-21
Use props
VHSG
New

United States

MMerritt which parts exactly?
2020-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules