Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark fungus on lens?
2073 26 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jpf67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36391 ft
Colombia

My spark since unboxing has this marks on lens... pictures and videos are perfect, no problem so far, but I am worry that this "spots" could get worst with the time. Any of you have something similar?

lens02.JPG lens01.JPG

2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, where did you buy your spark? Please provide us the SN. Thanks for your help.
2018-3-6
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

The coating on the lens has been scratched off by something. I have never seen a brand new Spark like that as there is a plastic film on the lens when shipped. Did you buy it used, something sounds a little fishy.
2018-3-7
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

Is the protective film still on the drone? They ship it with a protective plastic film.
2018-3-7
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Mate give ELEKTRA the sn which should be under the battery slot. It looks like you might have to send it in for repair.
2018-3-7
Use props
Jpf67
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-6 20:08
Hi, where did you buy your spark? Please provide us the SN. Thanks for your help.

Hi. It has been bought directly to the dji store.

SN: 0ASDE7T0A100XS

As I have said, I m just curious about that... so far the image quality is perfect...
2018-3-7
Use props
Jpf67
lvl.1
Colombia

chorn1966 Posted at 2018-3-7 10:51
Is the protective film still on the drone? They ship it with a protective plastic film.

No, the protective film has been removed and that was the lens state since new...
2018-3-7
Use props
Séa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488816 ft
Indonesia

Jpf67 Posted at 2018-3-7 19:22
No, the protective film has been removed and that was the lens state since new...

something's not right, all I could think of is the store you bought the drone from playing some kind of a dirty trick, but that's just my assumption, take it with a grain of salt.
2018-3-7
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First thing I did with my spark was get one of those ultra thin glass protectors for the camera and infrared bar and put it on. Before I even took it for its first flight.
2018-3-8
Use props
Jpf67
lvl.1
Colombia

Séa Posted at 2018-3-7 22:25
something's not right, all I could think of is the store you bought the drone from playing some kind of a dirty trick, but that's just my assumption, take it with a grain of salt.

Bought directly from the DJI store...
2018-3-8
Use props
Séa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488816 ft
Indonesia

Jpf67 Posted at 2018-3-8 05:29
Bought directly from the DJI store...

I have unboxed 3 brand new Sparks, but never had this problem, and all of em had plastic cover on the lens
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jpf67 Posted at 2018-3-7 19:21
Hi. It has been bought directly to the dji store.

SN: 0ASDE7T0A100XS

Sorry for the inconvenience it brings. The situation is forwarded. Please keep us updated if you encounter other problem. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-9
Use props
Jpf67
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-9 01:38
Sorry for the inconvenience it brings. The situation is forwarded. Please keep us updated if you encounter other problem. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for your interest. So far there is not a real problem, as the image quality have not been affected by this. I was just curious to know if another one have had the same problem.
2018-3-9
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yechk.... that looks like something you'd find between your toes after 6 days of hiking with wet socks!  
2018-3-9
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

[delete] double post
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jpf67 Posted at 2018-3-9 05:30
Thank you for your interest. So far there is not a real problem, as the image quality have not been affected by this. I was just curious to know if another one have had the same problem.

I see. If you worry about the situation. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-13
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-3-13
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-3-13
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 2018-3-13 04:46
Keep the infrared and ditch the camera lens one. There is no way your pic / video quality is not degraded, those stickers are no near optical grade so it is like puting a cheap 5$ filter into a 1.000$ lens. just my 2 cents.

Below you can find an article in Petapixel explaining this. My filters usually are in the 100 - 500€ range (B+W, Heliopan, Hoya, Maruti, Singh-Ray Gold-n-Blue).

Shocking results for them. Mine has been fantastic. Image quality is the same with as it was without the glass protector on.
2018-3-13
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just chiming in here as a university lecturer in botany (and drone enthusiast). I agree that the photo looks more like lens damage than a fungal growth.  Unless we're looking at an Aspergillus of some sort actually inside the lens itself? In which case, there is a definite issue with seals there.
2018-3-13
Use props
Jpf67
lvl.1
Colombia

Thanks to all of you for your comments!

I know that it sounds incredible but image is great, at least for my personal projects... I was just curious to know if someone else has this "issue"...

I have bought a lens protector and hopefully it will not get worst.

Best regards to all of you!
2018-3-13
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-3-14
Use props
Jpf67
lvl.1
Colombia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-3-14 05:59
I am happy for you. However, if you take 2 photos with the drone static one with the protector and one without, I bet you will see a noticeable difference, it is purely related to physics, distortion and glass purity. Most probably, our needs and definition of 'image quality' differ quite a bit

Off course! To be clear: The drone doesnt have any protector while flying... nor in the picture I published in this forum... that are scratched...but that scratches are not damaging the pictures... (hard to believe...)

I also have a Phantom 3 standard, and the images taken by the Phantom and  the Spark (even though the Spark has the lens scratched) are the same.

Thank you for your comments/
2018-3-14
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-3-15
Use props
GYauck
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-6 20:08

Hello Elektra, i have the exact same problem on my spark...... How i can fix this??? It make the quality of the camera worst???
Thank you.
2019-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

When you guys with issue got your Sparks? It might be some bad batch I guess.
2019-2-2
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1871611 ft
United States

Hmm, I have not had this problem yet. Hopefully it's nothing and your video and photos quality stays the same!
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules