Mavic Air Warranty Issue
3085 13 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rolokorer
lvl.1

Australia

Hello,

I bought a Mavic Air early February and flew it less than 10 times.

The drone from the beginning was running very hot (burning at touch).

While on a trip the drone and while flying the started displaying error message that the cpu was too hot at that it needed to land.

I was pretty far from my starting point and brought back the drone by pressing return to home.

I was on the beach and the drone didn't land back to the grass where i started it but landed like 1 meter next to hit on sand.

I try to take it of after 5 min but then the error message keeps displaying.

I sent my drone to DJI Shenzhen after visiting a dji store for repair as still being under warranty.

Now i am getting a quote of 2000 rmb for repair because they said the issue was due to sand !

However this is untrue the sand didnt cause this issue was i am sure no sand went into the drone before this issue appears. The sand maybe went into the drone after landing following the overheating cpu but i am 100% sure this is not possible before this.

Could you please help on this as this is not acceptable for me as i always took very good care of it and being very cautious with it.

I have a case number and can share it if needed.

Thx !
2018-3-6
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Should have hand catch it ;) i kid i kid sucks man u have to plea your case to dji...not much we can do here!
2018-3-6
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Few pilots have the same problem, see https://forum.dji.com/thread-133933-1-1.html
I think you should talk to DJI again

good luck
2018-3-6
Use props
rolokorer
lvl.1

Australia

Dear,

Thanks for your answers.

How could i do this since i live in China and my chinese is not so good to explain this issue.

Is there a way i could contact them ?

Thx a lot
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rolokorer Posted at 2018-3-6 22:14
Dear,

Thanks for your answers.

Hi, sorry for your unexpected experience. Please provide us case number so we can help you with your problem. Thanks for your help.  
2018-3-6
Use props
rolokorer
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-6 22:30
Hi, sorry for your unexpected experience. Please provide us case number so we can help you with your problem. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I sent you a private message with my case number.

Thanks Elektra !
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rolokorer Posted at 2018-3-6 23:13
Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Your PM was received. Just checked your case, please note that if users do not apply for data anlysis when they start a case, we may not look into the flight record. In your case, I would recommend you provide the flight records for further anlysis and we will have someone follow your case and locate the problem. Thanks for your support and patience.
2018-3-7
Use props
rolokorer
lvl.1

Thailand

how can i provide this i am afraid i reset to factory settings the drone before sending it to repair and re-installed the app according to your colleague on live chat request to make sure the issue wasnt software related. i am not sure how to get this ?
2018-3-7
Use props
rolokorer
lvl.1

Thailand

i would like to add as well that during my trip i had a lot of issue with the drone where it wouldnt pair with the remote had to spend sometimes 10 minutes trying to link it everytime the drone started.
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rolokorer Posted at 2018-3-7 02:22
i would like to add as well that during my trip i had a lot of issue with the drone where it wouldnt pair with the remote had to spend sometimes 10 minutes trying to link it everytime the drone started.

I see. Did you have the flight record of the accident in your app? You can provide us your DJI Account. Or PM me. Thanks for your help.
2018-3-7
Use props
rolokorer
lvl.1

Thailand

ok i am trying to pm you. no the app has been deleted as i tried to re-install the app to see if this could solve the issue.

thx
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rolokorer Posted at 2018-3-7 04:27
ok i am trying to pm you. no the app has been deleted as i tried to re-install the app to see if this could solve the issue.

thx

OK, we will export the data log inside of the aircraft for data analysis, someone will contact you about the result once it's done, please allow us some time, thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-7
Use props
FadyHamouda
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Dear DJI Support Team,

It's seems that there is a design malfunction for the Mavic air Fan, as we are not alone here! all overheating processor as the fan not starting! you need to take further action and advise us what to do with this! it’s part of your responsibilities otherwise you will not get any customer trusting any of DJI products. What to do with this issue, we all need explanation, WHY THE FAN NOT STARTING? it’s not an individual case, mine stopped as well , no accidents, nothing just landed it to replace the battery and here you go received the red alert and I can’t fly the MAVIC AIR anymore !
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FadyHamouda Posted at 2018-3-24 22:13
Dear DJI Support Team,

It's seems that there is a design malfunction for the Mavic air Fan, as we are not alone here! all overheating processor as the fan not starting! you need to take further action and advise us what to do with this! it’s part of your responsibilities otherwise you will not get any customer trusting any of DJI products. What to do with this issue, we all need explanation, WHY THE FAN NOT STARTING? it’s not an individual case, mine stopped as well , no accidents, nothing just landed it to replace the battery and here you go received the red alert and I can’t fly the MAVIC AIR anymore !

Sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing now, this is not a common issue and we recommend to send in the drone for diagnosis case by case, please contact our support to start a ticket and we will do our best to help you out. Thank you.
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules