Phantom 3
1185 5 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
austin
lvl.2

United States

For those who have received there P3. On the remote control does the left toggle switch stick dwn like the P2 does?

Also if you toggle down to stop the motors, will they still turn off in flight or did they come up with a better way to stop the motors?

I have heard of people accidentally turning off there P2 in flight
2015-5-4
Use props
gcmini
lvl.1

United States

I'm not sure what "left toggle switch" you are referring to (as there isn't one on my P3 TX).

However to answer your other question, the manual says "Do not perform a CSC when the aircraft is in midair, otherwise the motors will suddently [sic] stop"

This seems insane to me.  The quad knows that it is flying, therefore performing a CSC in flight should have no effect.    ... it's easy enough to avoid doing this, but still it would seem that the software would not allow it to happen.
2015-5-4
Use props
austin
lvl.2

United States

gcmini Posted at 2015-5-5 07:20
I'm not sure what "left toggle switch" you are referring to (as there isn't one on my P3 TX).

Howev ...

The left toggle switch is the toggle switch at the left, on the P2 when you push dwn the toggle switch it would stay down. If longer than a second or 2 the motors would stop. Thanks for the info on this helps, yes improvements need to be made to prevent accidents stopping the motors during flight
2015-5-4
Use props
mohan.desilva
lvl.2

United Kingdom

gcmini Posted at 2015-5-5 07:20

Howev ...

I believe you can perform a CSC mid air to cut the power. What will not happen is if you pull the throttle stick all the way down and keep it there the motors will turn off if it is in the air. On the ground it will turn off after few seconds. There is no 'notch' on the throttle stick on the P3 that locks into down
2015-5-4
Use props
gcmini
lvl.1

United States

austin Posted at 2015-5-5 11:08
The left toggle switch is the toggle switch at the left, on the P2 when you push dwn the toggle sw ...

Now I get it.  I've been flying RC for about 35 years and I've never heard the throttle stick called a "toggle switch"  
2015-5-4
Use props
Gary C
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

mohan.desilva@v Posted at 2015-5-5 12:27
I believe you can perform a CSC mid air to cut the power. What will not happen is if you pull the  ...

Just don't bring both sticks down and inward in flight. I learned the hard way at 200'. P3 go boom!
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules