Newbie to drones and chose Mavic Air to start!!
778 14 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idros
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi guys,

I am a newbie to drones and picked up a Mavic Air Fly More Combo whilst rushing to my gate at Termnal 2 Lounge Changir Airport Singapore. After arrivng home, I realized that this machine may not be compatible to my Google Pixel 2XL phone, am I right to assume this!!!! In anycase I am trying to setup the remote controller. How do I replace the sliding socket that holds the usb connector cable. The controller comes standard with lighting cable and I want to fix the usb C connector to use my Pixel 2 XL? I can't figure out hoew to remove the sliding connector holder on the clip that holds the phone to the controller.
2018-3-6
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

It just pops out, you can simply click it in and out of the slide grooves. If your Pixel is Android it should be compatible. Download the DJI Go 4 app and give it a try.

I’m only 6 days into my new drone hobby, and also got a Mavic Air - absolutely loving it!
2018-3-6
Use props
idros
lvl.1
Malaysia

Face-AcheNZ Posted at 2018-3-6 23:27
It just pops out, you can simply click it in and out of the slide grooves. If your Pixel is Android it should be compatible. Download the DJI Go 4 app and give it a try.

I’m only 6 days into my new drone hobby, and also got a Mavic Air - absolutely loving it!

Thank you for your reply. Yes apparently it just pops out   Finally got the firmware upgraded and managed to link the RC with the drone.  It is raining cats & dogs here... as soon as it stops, I will take it outside and try fly the drone.

Any suggestion how to quickly learn how to fly the drone?
2018-3-7
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

idros Posted at 2018-3-7 02:18
Thank you for your reply. Yes apparently it just pops out   Finally got the firmware upgraded and managed to link the RC with the drone.  It is raining cats & dogs here... as soon as it stops, I will take it outside and try fly the drone.

Yes, don’t do it quickly

Take your time, and a good place to start is the flight sim in the DJI Go 4 app
2018-3-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

idros Posted at 2018-3-7 02:18
Thank you for your reply. Yes apparently it just pops out   Finally got the firmware upgraded and managed to link the RC with the drone.  It is raining cats & dogs here... as soon as it stops, I will take it outside and try fly the drone.

Read the manual & then read it again, watch DJI's video tutorials, stay in beginners mode until you become more familiar with controls & settings, keep the drone close to you while flying, make sure you have at least 12 satellites locked it, wait for the "home Point has been updated" verbal response before taking off, start in a wide open field. Can't stress enough how important it is to take things slow until you know!!

Would hate to see another disappointed user because of excitement to go high / go far syndrome!!  Good Luck fly safe.
2018-3-7
Use props
idros
lvl.1
Malaysia

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-7 02:30
Read the manual & then read it again, watch DJI's video tutorials, stay in beginners mode until you become more familiar with controls & settings, keep the drone close to you while flying, make sure you have at least 12 satellites locked it, wait for the "home Point has been updated" verbal response before taking off, start in a wide open field. Can't stress enough how important it is to take things slow until you know!!

Would hate to see another disappointed user because of excitement to go high / go far syndrome!!  Good Luck fly safe.

Awesome. BIG thank you for this really appreciate.
2018-3-7
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Another good advice, in addition to the ones you've got above: Always keep an eye on your monitor and always follow the instructions and respect the warnings. In particular, instructions on calibration should be followed up.
2018-3-7
Use props
idros
lvl.1
Malaysia

Great tips.
2018-3-7
Use props
DTWENTY18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 235026 ft
United States

Yes! Just to summarize those that are already mentioned it above.

1. Fly Safe
2. Fly Smart
3. Watch DJI Tutorials from their website
4. Start in beginners mode when flying for the 1st time (default setting out of the box)
5. Spend time reading your manuals (found a lot of my answers through them)
6. Refer to FAQ's on DJI for tips and help (very useful)
7. Refer to the forum's as well

Hope you enjoy your new drone. I'm one month in using my Mavic Air as a new enthusiast in the hobby. (my first drone ever & loving it)
2018-3-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats, fly safe and have fun
2018-3-7
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great choice for your first drone. Best of luck.
2018-3-7
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Make sure to put the volume loud on your phone, so you won't miss any warnings if you're not looking at your screen.
I always use my ear bud headsets.
Enjoy
2018-3-7
Use props
idros
lvl.1
Malaysia

lomo2017 Posted at 2018-3-7 09:19
Make sure to put the volume loud on your phone, so you won't miss any warnings if you're not looking at your screen.
I always use my ear bud headsets.
Enjoy

great reminder. thank you.
2018-3-7
Use props
idros
lvl.1
Malaysia

FlyDK Posted at 2018-3-7 02:58
Another good advice, in addition to the ones you've got above: Always keep an eye on your monitor and always follow the instructions and respect the warnings. In particular, instructions on calibration should be followed up.

noted with thanks.
2018-3-7
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Congrats and fly safe
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now