EV value not shown in subtitle file
583 0 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Yesterday we had nice weather conditions and I took some time out to experiment with my recently purchased Polar Pro Filters.To compare I did some flights with different filters and camera settings. During the flight I let the Mavic Pro also record subtitle files (.srt) in which some camera settings will be diplayed on playback, which is very helpful.

Displayed in .srt file are ISO, Shutterspeed, EV value and Fnum. Fnum has a fixed value 2.2 on Mavic.

When recording video with auto settings, the EV value displayed in the srt subtitle file is 0. This is normal because EV=0 is optimal. In the .srt file you can see the shutterspeed changes during the flight depending on light conditions.

When recording with manual settings, in my case  ISO 100 and Shutterspeed 50, I can read the EV value on the DJI GO 4 app. I see it changes somewhere between -1.5 and +2 depending on light conditions. Back home I would analyse the video quality while using different filters  and see how quality changes when EV value is off the optimal 0 value. The EV value should be written in the .SRT subtitle file, but is not. Is this a bug in the firmware, mayby DJI support can comment on this.

I don't know if possible in future updates, but it would be very helpful to have the EV value written in the subtitle file. Also Color mode, White balance and Style settings whould be a nice to have in the subtitle file to improve your filming skills.

mavic subs.jpg
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules