How do you disable controller input while using Active Track?
5621 12 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlamb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140190 ft
United States

Scenario:  You are biking alone on a flat road in an open area, and want to use Active Track to record yourself.  Once you get it started, how do you carry the RC with you and prevent unwanted movements/stick inputs while the RC is stowed in something like a backpack?
2018-3-7
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

I bought a carrying case that is capable of holding both the bird and the RC. Whenever I use active track, I slip the RC in the case and carry it in my backpack while my phone is in my pocket.
2018-3-7
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
Canada

https://www.amazon.com/Transport ... ds=mavic+controller
2018-3-7
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

Maybe using this:

2018-3-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just generally carry the remote by hand just in case I need to do a manual over-right if the drone positions itself where it shouldn't.
2018-3-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-7 12:40
I just generally carry the remote by hand just in case I need to do a manual over-right if the drone positions itself where it shouldn't.

Of course it spoils the shot but if you are trying to capture that moment near neighboring obstacles then I feel it's damned if you do damned if you don't?
2018-3-7
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Seems safer to attach it to your handlebars in case of emergency, or to reacquire lock when the inevitable loss happens.
2018-3-7
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

@Soundwave439 - But if the phone gets disconnected from the controller, won't that stop activetrack?
@V_Kingo - But to use a strap like that, you'd have to remove the phone, which I think would disable active track.
2018-3-7
Use props
nunibye says hi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512772 ft
United States

Hey, I was wondering about this as well. I Just got A Mavic Pro. I've only flown it three times so I'm a bit of a beginner, but I was thinking you could but it into wifi mode and connect with your phone to avoid the controller altogether. Let me know if there is a problem with this or if anyone has tried it.
2018-3-7
Use props
richardx
New

Pakistan

To begin with I was believing that I should use just the phone as controller with wifi however it appears that dynamic Do my Assignment for me track / follow me isn't available with phone as controller? In the event that I use the controller and place it in the back pack it appears as there is to much danger of the sticks getting moved in the back pack.

2018-3-7
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

I haven't tried using just the phone app to control the AC, but I have read that when you do that it limits the range to 80m from the home point, and you cannot have the home point dynamically updated as the phone moves along.  Which makes sense, because what if you could do that and your phone has a flaky GPS?  Remember, if the app crashes or disconnects, you only have a few seconds before it takes off for the home point.
2018-3-8
Use props
MaxKazi
lvl.1

United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-3-7 11:12
I bought a carrying case that is capable of holding both the bird and the RC. Whenever I use active track, I slip the RC in the case and carry it in my backpack while my phone is in my pocket.

if you disconnect phone from RC, drone continue to track ?
2019-1-11
Use props
Stefanos Anastasiadis
lvl.1

Switzerland

Can we lock the RC2 screen and disable the sticks during ActiveTrack with mini4pro ?

There are many use cases for rock climbers, parkour athletes, kayakers, snowboarders etc
Dji should address all these user groups.
2023-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules