Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ggeorgis Posted at 2018-3-8 07:30
@method007  I hope you do not consider the response that confirms that waypoints will be added in a future update a typo as well.
@hallmark007 No hard feelings ... just passionate  exchange of opinions....but I do admit that compared to Ryanair's customer service DJI's is miles ahead. ;)
And to end the you don't own a drone argument I do own one....and I do know that Tapfly free is approximating course lock but an approximation is not the same with the real thing.

Not to sure if the Ryanair is a slant at the Irish, but Ryanair being the largest airline in Europe tells you they have some sort of customer satisfaction and whatever they are doing is working.
Yes nothing of what I say is personal and everyone is entitled to their opinion and shouldn’t be offended by what I say.
Good luck...
2018-3-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

method007 Posted at 2018-3-8 06:19
It was a mistake in a spec sheet that was quickly corrected.  Nothing is owed to anybody.  If you need waypoints buy a better drone.

10 out of 10 for the most stupid comment so far
2018-3-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

method007 Posted at 2018-3-8 07:12
Also false advertising is not when a company has a typo on a website.  It’s not even close.

10/10 for the second most stupid comment. Of course it is false advertising
2018-3-8
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Don't waypoints in DJI Go suck anyway? The way I heard it is you have to manually fly the route, and press some button to record each waypoint. Once you're done, you can then reply that same sequence? I think Litchi had a better system where you can pre-plan your flight on your PC and download the waypoints once done. Sounds like  a good way to fly into a tree though
2018-3-8
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

cspain Posted at 2018-3-8 21:53
Don't waypoints in DJI Go suck anyway? The way I heard it is you have to manually fly the route, and press some button to record each waypoint. Once you're done, you can then reply that same sequence? I think Litchi had a better system where you can pre-plan your flight on your PC and download the waypoints once done. Sounds like  a good way to fly into a tree though

Surely pre planning on your PC is a good idea...but I do not mind flying some route and then having the drone fly automatically the same route over and over while I can focus on framing the camera to get my shot.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansc4ff2133 Posted at 2018-3-8 06:08
Thor,
thanks for your reply, apology accepted so far. I appreciate it.
I also want to make clear that the canned response form support - hiding behind return policy certainly added to my frustration.

Got the serial and noted with thanks. I'd forwarded your request to the relative department. Hopefully, more functions will be enabled in the future.
2018-3-8
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-8 23:44
Got the serial and noted with thanks. I'd forwarded your request to the relative department. Hopefully, more functions will be enabled in the future.

Hey Thor can you please confirm (or deny) your colleague's Naoeme T's response that DJI will add this feature to the Mavic Air in order to clear all the confusion about it once and for all?

PS. Nice to see that after your intervention the OP left this thread satisfied....
2018-3-9
Use props
fansc4ff2133
lvl.2
United States

ggeorgis Posted at 2018-3-9 03:51
PS. Nice to see that after your intervention the OP left this thread satisfied....

I did not leave (yet) :-)

However, I got a email from DJI support that the case has been escalated. So there is some hope to come to an acceptable solution for everyone
2018-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cspain Posted at 2018-3-8 21:53
Don't waypoints in DJI Go suck anyway? The way I heard it is you have to manually fly the route, and press some button to record each waypoint. Once you're done, you can then reply that same sequence? I think Litchi had a better system where you can pre-plan your flight on your PC and download the waypoints once done. Sounds like  a good way to fly into a tree though

Your right it is pretty poor, I expect we might see third party apps do a much better job, in fact a much better option than waypoints is using tapfly in free mode, it takes a little more skill in flying but you don’t have to fly missions twice, it seems very strange that waypoints would be a deal breaker on a drone that has much more to offer than a very limited waypoint program.
2018-3-9
Use props
Hack
lvl.3
United States

You know as well as I do that's it's not about Waypoints.  It's about getting something for free - simple as that.  

From the OP's own keyboard:
"unless there is an amicably solution"
"Give your affected customers something. Simply take care."

"If I throw a hissy fit in a public venue about a limited program that I will likely never use - deep pockets DJI will give me something for free to shut me up".

Just pathetic...
2018-3-9
Use props
fansc4ff2133
lvl.2
United States

Hack Posted at 2018-3-9 08:37
You know as well as I do that's it's not about Waypoints.  It's about getting something for free - simple as that.  

It is about waypoints.

And I feel your comment about trying to "get something for free" is inappropriate and offending.
2018-3-9
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

What a shortsighted response.....
Do you honestly believe that there is actually a hardware limitation that prohibits simple things like these that have no developer cost associated with them from being implemented in our drone?
Is realliy the request for simple things like a simple button customisation (camera level/down) or addition of simple things like dynamic home update so hard to provide.
Even obvious things like completely handsfree operation was not available, in the beginning.
Why do we have to take one step forward (smaller size/higher bitrate) and two backwards (removal of so many features via software). I get that the smaller size is associated with reduced flight times and reduced range due to the absence of occusync. I also can excuse the lower quality optics in the camera (obvious distortions, reduced sharpness at infinity) because of the reduction in size....but since there is no other smaller 4K capable drone in the lineup I do not get the reason I would be needlessly penalised for no reason at all.
I would never consider the MP or MPP or even the MP2 which is rumored to be bigger than the MA just because of these since I value small size more than anything. Even providing them as payable addons would be OK with me, but at least give me the option to select the features I really need.
Freebies my a..
2018-3-9
Use props
Hack
lvl.3
United States

Apologies for offending your delicate sensibilities, but I stand by what I wrote.

Look, Waypoints are important to you - great - I am in no position to judge what is important to you.  You want to return a terrific drone because it does not have this functionality? - terrific.  You want to sue DJI for "false advertising" - knock yourself out.  But asking for an "amicable solution" or ""Give your affected customers something" - then you and this thread have lost all credibility.  Apparently getting something for free will help ease that deep pain of not having Waypoints, and you would settle for a piece of hardware that is less than ideal for your flying style simply because you were "compensated" with something.
2018-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I simply agree with you and think you have a point, it still has not been established that waypoints were advertised.
The OP’s post has hinted that somehow he believes he’s entitled to something more than waypoints in the future , at least that’s the way it reads.
Anyone who has been using dji drones for sometime will realize that waypoints in both phantom and Mavic came with later FW upgrades same with dynamic homepoint.
Ggorgis knows little about this but continues to complain about these features being left out, I believe a lot of these features come at later dates simply because they are still being beta tested and I for one believe this is the best approach. Some people think that they can spend 500/600 less for a drone and yet have all the attributes of a much more expensive drone.
The Mavic Air is stocked with extra features and by and large is working really well much better than release of Mavic Pro P4Pro and Spark and reality is most users will never get around to using half the features on any drone.

I
2018-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ggeorgis Posted at 2018-3-9 09:43
What a shortsighted response.....
Do you honestly believe that there is actually a hardware limitation that prohibits simple things like these that have no developer cost associated with them from being implemented in our drone?
Is realliy the request for simple things like a simple button customisation (camera level/down) or addition of simple things like dynamic home update so hard to provide.

I also can excuse the lower quality optics in the camera (obvious distortions, reduced sharpness at infinity)

You have it all wrong for someone who owns both MP & MA the camera is far superior on the MA obvious distortions and reduced sharpness my friend I think you have got these cameras mixed up it’s the Mavic Pro that has all the Camera problems and has had since day 1.

The reason we don’t see dynamic homepoint , waypoints etc in Mavic Pro phantom inspire2 and Spark all came with new FW releases most likely because they were still being beta tested, also handsfree was not introduced until 4 days after release yes 4 days because app was not yet updated, so 95% of MavAir users had this from day one.
Again you are showing that your glass is always half empty.
2018-3-9
Use props
fansc4ff2133
lvl.2
United States

Hack Posted at 2018-3-9 10:13
Apologies for offending your delicate sensibilities, but I stand by what I wrote.

Look, Waypoints are important to you - great - I am in no position to judge what is important to you.  You want to return a terrific drone because it does not have this functionality? - terrific.  You want to sue DJI for "false advertising" - knock yourself out.  But asking for an "amicable solution" or ""Give your affected customers something" - then you and this thread have lost all credibility.  Apparently getting something for free will help ease that deep pain of not having Waypoints, and you would settle for a piece of hardware that is less than ideal for your flying style simply because you were "compensated" with something.

I am participating in newsgroups and online forums since about 35 years, hence I know sometime folks read different than the author meant the post.
Seems to be the case here.

When I say amicable, then I mean something along the lines like "OK, we give you your waypoints", "we will work it out".
Opposite to "I am going to sue" - what I would call non amicable

Making sense ?
2018-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc4ff2133 Posted at 2018-3-9 10:38
I am participating in newsgroups and online forums since about 35 years, hence I know sometime folks read different than the author meant the post.
Seems to be the case here.

It makes sense now you say it like that, but there must be some understanding for the simple fact that in all recent dji drones many of the features being spoken about here only arrived with future FW updates and MavAir is no different, I would much prefer to have a stable aircraft with less features until everything was tested and working properly.
2018-3-9
Use props
Hack
lvl.3
United States

Agree.  We are all still friends
2018-3-9
Use props
fansc4ff2133
lvl.2
United States

Hack Posted at 2018-3-9 11:09
Agree.  We are all still friends

well, then let's try to be productive :-). I have started a new thread .. https://forum.dji.com/thread-139553-1-1.html
2018-3-9
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-9 11:01
It makes sense now you say it like that, but there must be some understanding for the simple fact that in all recent dji drones many of the features being spoken about here only arrived with future FW updates and MavAir is no different, I would much prefer to have a stable aircraft with less features until everything was tested and working properly.

This is my hope as well. I waited until the completely handsfree operation was implemented and then placed my order in the hopes that you, and the other ranking officers here will be correct...A lot of our questions will be answered with the imminent release of the SDK.
As for the distortions I am referring to the stretching and compressing That takes place at the center of the picture when panning. In some videos it is very pronounced in others (Peter McKinnon) barely noticable...Either Peter corrected it in post or it is a lens thing that is not present in all the drones.
Before you argue that this is because of the WA lens I will say that if it was so it would take place at the edges of the frame not 1/3 in from the edge...
2018-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ggeorgis Posted at 2018-3-9 12:57
This is my hope as well. I waited until the completely handsfree operation was implemented and then placed my order in the hopes that you, and the other ranking officers here will be correct...A lot of our questions will be answered with the imminent release of the SDK.
As for the distortions I am referring to the stretching and compressing That takes place at the center of the picture when panning. In some videos it is very pronounced in others (Peter McKinnon) barely noticable...Either Peter corrected it in post or it is a lens thing that is not present in all the drones.
Before you argue that this is because of the WA lens I will say that if it was so it would take place at the edges of the frame not 1/3 in from the edge...

You may not get everything you want but you can be sure that in FW updates you will see new features , I’m sure when sdk is released we will see plenty of free and paid apps that will enhance MavAir, looking back at Mavic Pro FW updates , it was 6 months before we seen waypoints and course lock longer until we got dynamic homepoint, , so try to make the best use of the great features that are already on MavAir because there are plenty.
Good things come to those who wait.

Good luck.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules