New Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ Firmware Released (08/03/2018)
1234Next >
38282 132 2018-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexVideoShark 5
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

worse and worse
2018-3-10
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Folks , downgrade back to .602 , not much wobbling there. Dji doesnot want to listen to us. Or they simply havent got a clue to fix this. They are playing with us and this new and previous fw can cause much damage to the drones
2018-3-10
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-3-10 13:51
Folks , downgrade back to .602 , not much wobbling there. Dji doesnot want to listen to us. Or they simply havent got a clue to fix this. They are playing with us and this new and previous fw can cause much damage to the drones

yep i downgraded too , went for a fly earlier .....probably the worst ever  i had  the wobble/ motor missfire , picture break up when changing from photo to video , live feed lag and irresponsive right stick when landing  ? .
Re the wobble it almost flipped on it's side when switching the motors off and on throttle up it seemed like a motor was  stopping /starting ( miss firing ) .
hey ho Dji back to the drawing board
2018-3-10
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-3-10 14:44
yep i downgraded too , went for a fly earlier .....probably the worst ever  i had  the wobble/ motor missfire , picture break up when changing from photo to video , live feed lag and irresponsive right stick when landing  ? .
Re the wobble it almost flipped on it's side when switching the motors off and on throttle up it seemed like a motor was  stopping /starting ( miss firing ) .
hey ho Dji back to the drawing board

yes indeed : or dji has to go back to app .15 and fw .602 or design a complete new app and stick to the fw components of .602 for the Phantom 4 pro
they really should make an app for each type of drone and design it so that to the lowest chip devices can cope . it Looks like they are following apple whose latest Software is slowing down the  older devices.
i definately notice this on the videofeed which is getting worse and worse after each app/fw update.
2018-3-11
Use props
fanse1478497
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2144767 ft
United States

I tried to update and got to 99% and failed. Now it does not have any reconizable firmware on DJI assistant2. Also my controller turned purple. Can I get a beta version of firmware.
2018-3-11
Use props
_Lance_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tearuup Posted at 2018-3-7 23:12
Just received my Phantom 4 pro + today.  Been reading about the firmware issues.  Hope this works.

I got my obsidian edition on the 6th, updated drone to latest fw available that night, downloaded the bin for the controller from p4p downloads, copied to sd card, started updating the controller and it said error, the little android robot falls over dead (ha) and the screen went black. I contacted DJI and asked how to reset it because now when powering on the pro plus controller I get just a black screen.

They had me attempt a combo of buttons while powering off/on a few times with no luck so they had me send it in. Had it ONE DAY, got to fly it once lol and already having to ship in the controller over a firmware update fail. I sure hope they put it on the latest firmware before they send it back, geez. If they even fix it, I found out AFTER buying my p4p+ (4th drone) that if you don't buy them from the dji amazon store and just from amazon you get zero warranty, so not sure how this will turn out but be advised -

I wish I'd have taken note of the version I downloaded from the site so I could mention it here (whatever was avail the night of the 6th on p4p/downoads) but I really didn't expect any issues I've updated other drones plenty of times and if it fails, no biggie restart and try again - apparently no so much with the P4P+ controller
2018-3-11
Use props
_Lance_
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fanse1478497 Posted at 2018-3-11 07:27
I tried to update and got to 99% and failed. Now it does not have any reconizable firmware on DJI assistant2. Also my controller turned purple. Can I get a beta version of firmware.

I didn't even get to 99% same thing with the controller sounds like - oh man... I just got this, my dad's p4p+ has zero issues, maybe it's because he has no internet where he lives haha! I bet he's on the stock firmware from last May when he got it.. this is making more sense now.
2018-3-11
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

I guess I was the lucky one so far.  Received my P4P+ obsidian on the 7th, looked at it, went to work and got home around midnight and updated the new fw.  No problems so far although haven't flown but twice due to weather.  Any problems and I'll definitely be asking you guys and gals for a solution.
2018-3-11
Use props
MrJayd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1717133 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tried the update but now I get some shaking and got a little nervous so I downgraded back to 5.03 which runs super stable for me.
2018-3-11
Use props
Grumpybeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593356 ft
Switzerland

You really got to wonder at the DJI QA process - for such a premium product they really need to sort it out
2018-3-11
Use props
_Lance_
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Grumpybeard Posted at 2018-3-11 22:38
You really got to wonder at the DJI QA process - for such a premium product they really need to sort it out

Funny all the flight restriction stuff never has any issues - I think we know what the real focus is,  in every fw update - that's how it was for the mavic for sure. Release firmware is usually great then it just goes downhill from there. All this wasted work fighting rooters should be redirected to making the product perform properly in the first place.
2018-3-11
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated and tested and no problems at all that I can find anyway. Hopefully none will arise.
2018-3-12
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I'd downgraded from 300 back to 0602 and have kept it there from a couple of months; because of the inverted camera/video live feed issue so hopefully this newest FW fixes the problem.

I successfully download the 0600 yesterday so we shall see in the next flight.

2018-3-12
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

AlexVideoShark 5 Posted at 2018-3-10 00:03
after reading all these comments I have even more fear than before ...
my P4P is going very well ... panoramic photos works well, and also all the other functions,
always lands well (almost always manually) ...

It's always nice to hear from those who have tried updating to a new F/W version and what they've experienced as result, but it would be nice to know what firmware and flight App version those have found to be working well too.
Would it be possible to learn what F/W versions you have found to be running well on your P4P.

Best Regards,
2018-3-12
Use props
AlexVideoShark 5
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Phantomflyer Posted at 2018-3-12 09:16
It's always nice to hear from those who have tried updating to a new F/W version and what they've experienced as result, but it would be nice to know what firmware and flight App version those have found to be working well too.
Would it be possible to learn what F/W versions you have found to be running well on your P4P.

you are right ...
I will do soon
I'm sorry
2018-3-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Team, as posted earlier, I'm having no problems with the latest v...600 firmware. If you are, try applying the firmware twice - you even have to do that with the magical D@mbledore software. So, I suggest:
Do the update, set P4P to factory default, do a refresh, VPS calibration, and then (on a flat surface) gimbal calibration. Failing that, draw a pentacle around it and sacrifice a chicken - it's possessed !!
2018-3-12
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-3-12 17:34
Team, as posted earlier, I'm having no problems with the latest v...600 firmware. If you are, try applying the firmware twice - you even have to do that with the magical D@mbledore software. So, I suggest:
Do the update, set P4P to factory default, do a refresh, VPS calibration, and then (on a flat surface) gimbal calibration. Failing that, draw a pentacle around it and sacrifice a chicken - it's possessed !!

None of your suggestions are working to solve the wobbling issue. BTW, no possession, it has been just brought by the firmware before this one.
2018-3-12
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

You guys are not inspiring a lot of confidence in upgrading the FW to the latest.  I guess I am sticking with 0602.  At least is flies smoothly and no cracks or any of that other BS.  Really disappointed.  I thought they would get it right this time.  Somewhere in China there is a team of software developers that really needs to be fired.
2018-3-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-3-13 10:53
You guys are not inspiring a lot of confidence in upgrading the FW to the latest.  I guess I am sticking with 0602.  At least is flies smoothly and no cracks or any of that other BS.  Really disappointed.  I thought they would get it right this time.  Somewhere in China there is a team of software developers that really needs to be fired.

Well, it's best to stick with whatever works for you.
For me, I go with the updates to get the new features (normally) as I rarely experience issues reported from others - although I was burnt by the P4 FW fiasco late last year, but DJI Finally resolved that with the latest FW.
I don't believe it's the FW that's cr@p - somethings, sure - but not always. These little guys are leading edge, and I doubt that internal components can always be kept identical due to chip manufacturers etc patching issues of their own. Then there's the different ways to update the firmware and the subsequent issues which may come from that. So many variables in this.
Just remember that you will typically only hear from people who have issues, rather than those who don't. And also remember that you can always downgrade.
2018-3-13
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Punchbuggy, thanks for talking me off the ledge.  You speak wisely of course.   I very much want to upgrade but this talk of shuttering and damaging my drone (that is not under any warranty) is disconcerting.  But I suppose that you have to take a chance occasionally or life is no fun at all.  My drone has been in hibernation for the winter but spring winds are starting to blow and the batteries need to be charged and run.   Once I get my drone legs back......
2018-3-13
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-3-13 13:08
Well, it's best to stick with whatever works for you.
For me, I go with the updates to get the new features (normally) as I rarely experience issues reported from others - although I was burnt by the P4 FW fiasco late last year, but DJI Finally resolved that with the latest FW.
I don't believe it's the FW that's cr@p - somethings, sure - but not always. These little guys are leading edge, and I doubt that internal components can always be kept identical due to chip manufacturers etc patching issues of their own. Then there's the different ways to update the firmware and the subsequent issues which may come from that. So many variables in this.

Or you hear only those people that are capable to detect defects in FW. This wobbling is definitely not normal, but, for example, you can only spot it if you're coming from a previous FW. There's also the possibility that most of the people are considering it normal, or they don't want to come here on the forum to tell us their issues. I don't know, but I would not minimize the thing.
2018-3-13
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

somethings wrong, the update worked and so far seems no significant issues. Will see what happens when I give the software a work out.
2018-3-14
Use props
Rocher Bros
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322257 ft
Greece

AlexVideoShark 5 Posted at 2018-3-10 00:03
after reading all these comments I have even more fear than before ...
my P4P is going very well ... panoramic photos works well, and also all the other functions,
always lands well (almost always manually) ...

Which firmwire are you using now the 0300?
2018-3-14
Use props
Bartiflier
lvl.2

United Kingdom

OK, I'll try again.

Does this update fix the 1080p Sharpness bug, where all settings of 1080p video sharpness from -3 to +3 are identical and look like about +2?

Works in 2.7k and 4k, just not in 1080p, making it useless.

Can anyone show me a closeup of a frame from 1080p video of a high contrast edge that doesn't have the 'halo' effect?

I'm shooting everything in 2.7k, then downscaling to 1080p, then applying the Boris FX Flicker fixer to get rid of that nonsense, but I was hoping that DJI would just make 1080p work at some point before the 5 comes out.
2018-3-14
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

what is the best way to update with a p4p+? tether to phone when out on location? or do all the software updates and then go to location and do IMU and Gimbal / compass?
2018-3-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Giammi Posted at 2018-3-13 23:36
Or you hear only those people that are capable to detect defects in FW. This wobbling is definitely not normal, but, for example, you can only spot it if you're coming from a previous FW. There's also the possibility that most of the people are considering it normal, or they don't want to come here on the forum to tell us their issues. I don't know, but I would not minimize the thing.

Umm, I think I'd be capable of seeing a defect if one existed on any of my craft - I'm not new to this and I have a varied squadron of DJI models. And certainly not seeking to minimize the matter if that's what you're experiencing. My point was merely that it isn't a common phenomenon when upgrading to the latest FW, and mine (and others reporting here) is the proof. Just saying...
Regardless, I hope you get your issue sorted. You can always downgrade to see if the condition follows.
2018-3-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Andie_the_Lab Posted at 2018-3-14 11:04
what is the best way to update with a p4p+? tether to phone when out on location? or do all the software updates and then go to location and do IMU and Gimbal / compass?

All updates at home, where you can (reasonably) guarantee a connection with minimal interference or latency. All calibrations there (other than compass) where you can guarantee a level surface for the gimbal calibration.
The only calibrations I do after every upgrade (at home) are VPS then Gimbal. I only do IMU and compass if the app wants me to.
2018-3-14
Use props
AlexVideoShark 5
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Rocher Bros Posted at 2018-3-14 04:32
Which firmwire are you using now the 0300?

This is my firmware on P4P
I’m fine with this and with fingers crossed .... I hope I will still ...
2018-3-14
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-3-12 05:18
Yeah I'd downgraded from 300 back to 0602 and have kept it there from a couple of months; because of the inverted camera/video live feed issue so hopefully this newest FW fixes the problem.

I successfully download the 0600 yesterday so we shall see in the next flight.

Have you had a chance to fly yet, if so issues?
2018-3-14
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2018-3-14 20:29
Have you had a chance to fly yet, if so issues?

Unfortunately not yet. I'll likely fly this weekend and will provide an update at that point.
2018-3-15
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

The new update looks good! I flew the last few days (6 batteries) and did not notice any problems with V 01.05.0600!
2018-3-15
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

AlexVideoShark 5 Posted at 2018-3-12 10:41
you are right ...
I will do soon
I'm sorry

No worries!  Thanks for updating your post.  Glad to hear you've found some good results with the 300 F/W, and hopefully you don't later discover vibration issues causing fractures in the plastic surrounding the vents, like many who have upgraded now reveal.

I've purchased a used P4P, in like new condition, and found the F/W had been updated once since its original purchase, with A/C on V1.04.602, and remote on V1.04.01.00.  Fortunately, I have not found any of the negative issues recently reported by those who have felt somewhat compelled to upgrade to the latest F/W versions, this regardless of the possible consequences.

I've been flying DJI products since 2014, and if I've learned anything over time, was that upgrading to the latest f/w is not always a good thing to do right off, as time and time again there appears to be a thunderstorm of issues as result, and in some instances where DJI  themselves have instructed pilots to discontinue use of a specific f/w, and suggest reverting back to the previous version, as I believe this is why they still offer that recourse within the Flight App

I among many others are of the opinion that in many instances firmware is released without sufficient testing, that there is always the possibility of inconsistencies between the different f/w versions, and various models, which ultimately only creates havoc.  however, this is simply an opinion. Pilots beware, "watch before you leap" has been the general advice offered, but as mentioned many decide to leap, only then to ask the question, " What am I doing Wong"

One solution to newcomers, before you leap into the next new F/W version, "READ THE FORUMS" see what others are saying, and avoid becoming a statistic who may ultimately wind up venting your fustrations to the possibilities of a negative outcome.
I believe the adage is " A bird in hand is better than two in the bush" or one acting irratically.     : )
2018-3-15
Use props
AlexVideoShark 5
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

tompahr Posted at 2018-3-15 04:54
The new update looks good! I flew the last few days (6 batteries) and did not notice any problems with V 01.05.0600!

Excellent ... thanks for this very good news

can you please tell us which phantom you have ?
P4P or P4P+ ?
are you using android or iOS ? I mean which device ?

I wish you can share with us these other informations ...

many many thaks again
BTW ... Just one more ...

did you update the firmware via Tablet or PC ? I mean ...
did you use DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistent 2 to update ?

nany thanks ...

AlexVideoShark and AirButterflyDrone
2018-3-15
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

AlexVideoShark 5 Posted at 2018-3-15 23:13

"tell us which phantom you have P4P or P4P+ ?"
Why would it matter, there is only one Phantom 4 Pro (well two if counting Obsidian separate), the difference is only the RC and as this is a AC FW it should make no difference if + or not?
2018-3-16
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

AlexVideoShark 5 Posted at 2018-3-15 23:13

P4P+ (that means android), update via Assistent 2 without any problem. The only problem that has been left since, DJI GO 4 requires update "fly safe database" even though i have the latest version!
2018-3-16
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

I'm running update with PC, Win10, 64bit.
2018-3-16
Use props
AlexVideoShark 5
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

KedDK Posted at 2018-3-16 00:47
"tell us which phantom you have P4P or P4P+ ?"
Why would it matter, there is only one Phantom 4 Pro (well two if counting Obsidian separate), the difference is only the RC and as this is a AC FW it should make no difference if + or not?

maybe yes or maybe no ...
honestly I'm not sure to be about?
I am not Engineer  ... I have just 2 phantom and 1 spark ...
I would like to update my P4P following the right way ... so ...
if he will be so gently to me ... maybe ... I will have more informations to not wrong something ...

I think ... there are so many configurations ... like a combination lock  ...
RC - AC  ( obsidian - P4P ) ... iOS - Androind ( Androind in P4P+)
and more ... like ... which iOS or Android version ? or Which App are running in backgound ...

and more ... like ... updated by device or PC/iMac ?

well ... I think that the combination of all of that ... could compromise something ...
both during the update and during the flight

that's all ... that's why I think it's useful to share more information and not just say ...
"it does not work anymore" ...

I'm sorry if I used so many words ... but updating my drone for me is very important and I would not go wrong

AlexVideoShark and AirButterflyDrone
2018-3-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

AlexVideoShark 5 Posted at 2018-3-16 01:16
maybe yes or maybe no ...
honestly I'm not sure to be about?
I am not Engineer  ... I have just 2 phantom and 1 spark ...

I would say that if you already have 5.300 you can not loose much trying out the 5.600 as you from this still can go back to 5.300 or even 4.602.
Right now it is not the same catch as when upgrading from pre to 4.602 ...
2018-3-16
Use props
AlexVideoShark 5
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

tompahr Posted at 2018-3-16 01:00
I'm running update with PC, Win10, 64bit.

many many many thanks
2018-3-16
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

You're welcome!
2018-3-16
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced