Rule #1 NEVER let your grown children fly your spark...
825 15 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

SOOOO.............. I decided to take my 25 year old son out with me to fly my drone. I have 3 batteries at the moment. ( I Plan on buying more).
it was a rare day in Kansas, wind was light, sky clear and blue, a bit chilly, but okay. I sat at work all day knowing today would be a good day to fly.
I couldn't wait for my end of shift. I drove home, changed clothes, grabbed my phone. my son was on the couch, I asked him if he wanted to fly with me.
Normally he says nah.......( I Expected that) this time he said "sure". So, i figured I would let him fly one battery and I would fly the other 2. NOPE, never happened.
I got my drone back after all batteries were drained. Now he wants one. he said "dad, I know what I want for Christmas this year" SOOO...... lesson learned. Sneak out of the house on days like this.  `sigh`
2018-3-8
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

HAHA!   I know the feeling.  When I got my P3S 2 years ago,  I let my son fly it.   Had difficulty getting the controller out of his hands.

My grown son (29) now has his own.   He got a Mavic Pro.

Sid
2018-3-8
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
United States

sidtx Posted at 2018-3-8 07:45
HAHA!   I know the feeling.  When I got my P3S 2 years ago,  I let my son fly it.   Had difficulty getting the controller out of his hands.

My grown son (29) now has his own.   He got a Mavic Pro.

My son normally has no interest in things I have interest in. Except maybe MMO's (World of Warcraft, ect.)
I love to BBQ, I cook ALOT of BBQ but all he cares about is eating it, not cooking it. I enjoy cooking BBQ with my friends and drinking some beer, as the smell of it wafts through the neighborhood. it draws my neighbors out of their houses we sit, drink beer, and listen to music. it makes for good times!! HURRY UP SUMMERTIME!!
2018-3-8
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
United States

In the winter, I just mainly smoke blocks of cheese for the neighbors (cold smoking) and for me to give as gifts. too cold to be outside.
2018-3-8
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

chorn1966 Posted at 2018-3-8 08:10
My son normally has no interest in things I have interest in. Except maybe MMO's (World of Warcraft, ect.)
I love to BBQ, I cook ALOT of BBQ but all he cares about is eating it, not cooking it. I enjoy cooking BBQ with my friends and drinking some beer, as the smell of it wafts through the neighborhood. it draws my neighbors out of their houses we sit, drink beer, and listen to music. it makes for good times!! HURRY UP SUMMERTIME!!

I got lucky.  My son shares most of the same interests that I do.   Drones,  cars, watches, -- almost anything mechanical.

We hear a lot about millennials that are lazy and uninterested in what we oldtimers were interested in.  In my son, and his circle of friends,  I see a lot of similarities to when I was growing up in the 60's/70's.

Sid
2018-3-8
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

Hi! at the beginning I thought he crashed your drone, at the end equally expensive.
2018-3-8
Use props
RobertWSimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

my 5 year old loves "flying" it with the gesture controls!
2018-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Get him a spark and tell him you would like a MavAir for Father’s Day .
2018-3-8
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

haha my son (12) crashed mine.  No damage though except some paint on the rotors.
2018-3-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lucky you.
I was thinking : and he crashed it into some tree while flying max speed in sport mode or something.....
2018-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great advice LOL - they are addictive!
2018-3-8
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Give him yours and treat yourself to a new one. I have been flying r/c helicopters and drones for over 30 years. Could never get my son interested in them
2018-3-8
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly a good bit with my 8 yo grandson. When we go together, he flies the Spark and I fly whatever else I brought.
2018-3-8
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Can't be that bad now you have someone to fly with that also shares the same interest!
2018-3-8
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now you need an inspire with two RC's.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I think your son had a good time when he flew the drone with you. Glad that spark brought good memory to you. Have more nice flights!
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules