2427 24 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
magli149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509678 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Around a month ago I very happily ordered my brand new Inspire 2 from a dealer in Sweden... and as we all now they do not come cheap.

First weekend was activation and setup, about a week later after receiving the drone I did my first test flight!
However i had problems with intermittent exits of P-GPS from the very first flight.

Due to normal work during the week and due to weather in Sweden (cold, snow and getting dark early) I did not fly again until the weekend after... doing IMU and Compass calibration, taking off with 20+ satellites... problems still remains, upon which I try everything I can think of and find on the Internet etc. to troubleshoot the problem. It is not environmental issues or interfernce since other drones work just fine on the same location and day, I have now tried the Inspire in 3 locations also.

Factory reset and reprogramming of latest firmware using DJI assistant (of course new and careful IMU calibration without gimbal/camera + careful compass calibration with the camera mounted), also looking in to the DAT-logfiles and the logs online seeing "YAW ERROR" as the first problem... before intermittent "compass error, exit of GPS-mode" and "GPS signal weak".

On the 7th battery charge of just troubleshooting I suddenly noted that I can provoke the error by doing a 180-turn... and also noticed that while still having 20 satellites, the GPS signal strength goes directly form 5 bars to 0 bars and the back to 5 bars again... again back to GPS-mode when stopped and hovering.

Then I felt that I had depleted all options and contacted DJI-support... which so far has been nothing but a joke!

It turns out that if a would have reported the problem within 14 days I would get full replacement. Which is the ONLY RIGHT THING to do in this case by the way. Very expensive drone to say the least and also only problem due to error in the unit from the very start, poor production quality and testing in other words from DJI

As a thanks for the careful troubleshooting and due to not being able to fly right away... DJI wants to thank me by sending it for repair since I reported the problem after 18 days or so (not good! but OK compared to getting a refurbished unit), but I suppose the risk of getting a refurbished unit is quite big... and that is just NOT ACCEPTABLE for me, hence getting a unit where the overall status is totally unknown to me after paying for a new one (I bought a new one for a reason).

DJI-support claims that there is no exception to the 14 day rule (which is 100% irrelevant in this case).

I also have a ProRes Licence and DJI-WeDontCare refresh connected to the unit bought directly form DJI (drone itself bought from Swedish dealer). The dealer who also finds DJI extremely hard to work with... might be able to get me a brand new replacement drone, which they are bound to do also by Swedish consumer law (which of course is actually what DJI should have done already (since they sent me unit with problems from the factory) and so far has been nothing but problems and headache for me)... but can then not transfer the licenses...

DJI... seriously?

This could possibly be the worst customer care in the world!

2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi magli149, we are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our product and disappointment to our After-Sales Policy, but we are providing support according to our policies, replacement service will not be provided when service is requested more than fifteen (15) calendars days after receiving a product, we totally understand your frustration but we hope your kind understanding as well. GTScreenshot_20180309_103310.png
Since the replacement time frame has been expired, we will provide repair service after damage assessment, if your dealer could help to replace the drone with a brand new one, it would be great, once it is done, please contact our support to transfer the DJI Care Refresh and license, if they are unable to do that, please send in the drone to DJI official repair center for further assistance, we apologize again for the trouble caused and thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-8
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-8 18:38
Hi magli149, we are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our product and disappointment to our After-Sales Policy, but we are providing support according to our policies, replacement service will not be provided when service is requested more than fifteen (15) calendars days after receiving a product, we totally understand your frustration but we hope your kind understanding as well.[view_image]
Since the replacement time frame has bee expired, we will provide repair service after damage assessment, if your dealer could help to replace the drone with a brand new one, it would be great, once it is done, please contact our support to transfer the DJI Care Refresh and license, if they are unable to do that, please send in the drone to DJI official repair center for further assistance, we apologize again for the trouble caused and thanks for your understanding.

Dear DJI Mindy,

yes I can read. And yes I have read your policy several times. That is of course why I am forced to post here etc.

It does not make it a good policy... just a mainstream... policy, no policy without exceptions too, at least not if you care even the slightest about your customers!

Did you actually read my full post before copy / pasting something?

The problem here is that your policy is not good enough in the case you stick by it 100%. In this case you need to apply something called customer care! Since I have had zero flights without problems due to an factory defect I hope you can hear yourself how this sounds...? also in this case the 14 day could not be more irrelevant... what if there is bad weather for the first 14 days? (part of my problem here) Doing an exception here from the 100% irrelevant policy would actually not be something special by DJI for the customer... just doing right by yourself for a faulty product that never workedi is not asking for a lot.

I mean... actually not asking for much here! Just what would be the one and only right thing to do here every day of the week, at least if a company is even remotely serious... what have I missed here?

The second problem is here then how you threat your dealers... By Swedish consumer law your policy does not hold up and that then puts them in a tricky situation! After all you sell them on the Swedish market.

But since DJI won't do it right...

if the dealer buys a new one from DJI and sends me... I can contact DJI-support for the ProRes-license and DJI-wedontCareverymuch transfer? If I get a new drone via the dealer.. I will of course not send it to DJI again (if it works that is), this you must be able to solve... otherwise just skip the transfer and send me new ones... again "customer care" needs to be applied). (tiny thing under the circumstance... but the care refresh needs to be prolonged, other compensation would also be in place to say the least). Also those are virtual licensed so should not pose a problem... just issue new prolonged ones, goes without saying.

In this case, again where the drone never worked and is brand new, at this price... all this should go so smoooth! Normally would be a new drone the next business day with UPS (for instance), new licenses applied and I return the old faulty one with UPS at that time... I must be missing something here.

Usually that would again be solved with something called customer care and an exception from the policy (that you try to hide behind) for obvious reasons in this case...

Regards

/Magnus

2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

magli149 Posted at 2018-3-8 22:34
Dear DJI Mindy,

yes I can read. And yes I have read your policy several times. That is of course why I am forced to post here etc.

We totally understand your concern and frustration, but there are policies we must abide by, if the drone has been out of replacement time frame, please send it in for further assistance, and for the issue you are having with the drone now, the drone will need to be evaluated firstly to see if the problem is caused by product itself and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.
Your understanding would be much appreciated, we still recommend to start a ticket in our website and send the drone in. We understand there are much need to be improved, but we never stop and keep learning from lessons and improving our customer service, thanks for your understanding again.
2018-3-9
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-9 01:48
We totally understand your concern and frustration, but there are policies we must abide by, if the drone has been out of replacement time frame, please send it in for further assistance, and for the issue you are having with the drone now, the drone will need to be evaluated firstly to see if the problem is caused by product itself and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.
Your understanding would be much appreciated, we still recommend to start a ticket in our website and send the drone in. We understand there are much need to be improved, but we never stop and keep learning from lessons and improving our customer service, thanks for your understanding again.

Not acceptable.
2018-3-9
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

Well... my request could actually not be more reasonable and justified.

If DJI "Support" is like a brick wall now... I cannot even imagine how it will be after sending it in.

Also I already spent 2 weeks troubleshooting this drone. I should not have to send away like you suggest.

It might be ok on some markets and consumer, but not with me.

However I got an insight in to DJI who seems to have grown to big and square while forgetting about the end-user / consumer... sad but true.
2018-3-9
Use props
SkyView09
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38901 ft
United States

DJI has some of the worse customer service there is. And why? Becuse they are the leading industry in photography drones. So why would they care? 90% of ANY other company out there has 30, 60, 90 day policys for defective items. 14 days is a laughable joke.  14 days to test the drone and make sure it 100% works. Cars have 50,000-100,000 mile warranties with them. DJI provides a 14 day warranty.

Im just glad were I live that I can return my drone 6 months after I buy it if there is something wrong with it. If it wasnt for the APP that DJI has for there drones, id never lay eyes on a DJI drone. DJI doesnt care abotu customers, only money.
2018-3-9
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

I will return it to the dealer of course for full replacement.

Spending 7000EUR in total on repaired unit or refurb... not gonna happen!

DJI:s almost ridiculous lack of customer care just makes it bad for everyone involved, the dealer is super nice and helpful... but again, also really baffled by how poor DJI handles this.

Luckily Swedish consumer law is made to protect the consumer from companies who forgets the customer when money has been sent.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

magli149 Posted at 2018-3-9 20:05
I will return it to the dealer of course for full replacement.

Spending 7000EUR in total on repaired unit or refurb... not gonna happen!

Glad to know your dealer is able to replace the drone for you, we apologize again for the difficulties that have been caused, we provide customer support according to the policy, appreciate your kind understanding very much, hope you enjoy flying the drone.
2018-3-10
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-10 03:19
Glad to know your dealer is able to replace the drone for you, we apologize again for the difficulties that have been caused, we provide customer support according to the policy, appreciate your kind understanding very much, hope you enjoy flying the drone.

Well.. unfortunately the dealer "Cyberphoto AB" in Umeå, Sweden has now backed on their promise to replace it in a very strange way... since they apparently now also discovered that DJI is not to reason with at all.

Fine words of promised customer satisfaction there, however worth nothing... so now I am looking forward to several months of processing this legally... :-(

Thank you DJI & Cyberphoto!
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Magnus, I sympathize with your situation and sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. I'm afraid that it is hard to tell the exact status before the damage assessment. The local team is still glad to help you if you can send the unit to our official service center. With the case number, we can keep follow up and help you figure this out timely. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-3-19
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-19 22:35
Magnus, I sympathize with your situation and sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. I'm afraid that it is hard to tell the exact status before the damage assessment. The local team is still glad to help you if you can send the unit to our official service center. With the case number, we can keep follow up and help you figure this out timely. Thanks for your cooperation.

Cyberphoto says it is reaching Netherlands today...

I can ask the dealer for the new case number since they now did exactly what I could have done (sending it in to DJI-NL)... instead of giving me a new one like they said (also of course the only right thing to do by any way of looking at it... if not DJI does not care very much about the customer).

But what can you do then?
2018-3-20
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

magli149 Posted at 2018-3-20 01:45
Cyberphoto says it is reaching Netherlands today...

I can ask the dealer for the new case number since they now did exactly what I could have done (sending it in to DJI-NL)... instead of giving me a new one like they said (also of course the only right thing to do by any way of looking at it... if not DJI does not care very much about the customer).

My initial support request: 1017311

Case Number from dealer: CAS-1526227-N7G9Y7
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

magli149 Posted at 2018-3-20 01:58
My initial support request: 1017311

Case Number from dealer: CAS-1526227-N7G9Y7

Hi sir, please kindly send your drone back first so we can help to take care of your case, thank you very much for your cooperation.
2018-3-20
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-20 21:00
Hi sir, please kindly send your drone back first so we can help to take care of your case, thank you very much for your cooperation.

Well...

If you just would please read above in the previous posts, that would be the very least you could do here, now you just make me even more worried about this.

Anyway I can repat for you:

It is not sent in using my initial ticket support there. Instead the dealer Cyberphoto AB fooled me to send it to them... so now they sent it in instead of replacing it in full as they promised.

The case number is from the dealer after sending it in!

I also got tracking number and is was signed as received by Marvin in DJI-NL yesterday just before lunch...
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

magli149 Posted at 2018-3-20 22:23
Well...

If you just would please read above in the previous posts, that would be the very least you could do here, now you just make me even more worried about this.

It usually takes 1-2 working days to register and update in our system. Could you PM us the tracking number for better assistance? Sorry for this as I do not find any tracking number in the system.
2018-3-21
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-21 01:41
It usually takes 1-2 working days to register and update in our system. Could you PM us the tracking number for better assistance? Sorry for this as I do not find any tracking number in the system.

So... just AS FEARED...

After claimed failed repair attempt (changed GPS unit and main board) the unit was replaced with a Refurbished unit.

So DJI, how can it be OK to change a BRAND NEW 3000 euro unit (never used even once properly) to a second hand used unit with totally unknown status according to your hypocrite-policy?

Even according to your own statement it is NOT THE SAME: The after-sale service policy for DJI refurbished products is identical to that of new products. However, refurbished products can only be exchanged for refurbished products, not new products.

It is for sure interesting how you find it ok do the exact opposite to your customers of new products! Changing a brand new product for a refurbished product.

If I wanted that, I could have bought one cheaper from Ebay... or actually even DJI.

This is pure fraud!!!
2018-4-4
Use props
djiuser_J0vGhQeqN5zC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483629 ft
  • >>>
Poland

magli149 Posted at 2018-4-4 10:13
So... just AS FEARED...

After claimed failed repair attempt (changed GPS unit and main board) the unit was replaced with a Refurbished unit.

I have the same situation. I have sent a new p4p obsidian. I received a failed drone. It's a scam !!!
2018-4-4
Use props
djiuser_J0vGhQeqN5zC
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-21 01:41

I have the same situation. I have sent a new p4p obsidian. I received a failed drone. It's a scam !!!
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

magli149 Posted at 2018-4-4 10:13
So... just AS FEARED...

Hi Magli, since your drone has been out of replacement timeframe like I said before, we could not provide replacement service but repair service, please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance, we have made it clear in After-Sales policy, thanks for your understanding.
May I know if there is anything wrong with the replacement drone?
GTScreenshot_20180405_185336.png

2018-4-5
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-5 02:59
Hi Magli, since your drone has been out of replacement timeframe like I said before, we could not provide replacement service but repair service, please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance, we have made it clear in After-Sales policy, thanks for your understanding.
[view_image]

I have not even seen the refurbished replacement drone... since I cannot accept it from the dealer.

The problem is that there is no way of knowing! And also... I bought a new one that NEVER worked.

I have absolutely zero understanding for scams like this, so please don´t paste your policy one more time, the reason for posting here in the first place is that I had already read it then... it was no good then as it is not any good now.
2018-4-5
Use props
djiuser_J0vGhQeqN5zC
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-5 02:59
[view_image]

I got unfit and had to be renovated. The controller does not fully charge and the application dji him 4 sees my obsidian like an ordinary p4p
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

magli149 Posted at 2018-4-5 03:07
I have not even seen the refurbished replacement drone... since I cannot accept it from the dealer.

The problem is that there is no way of knowing! And also... I bought a new one that NEVER worked.

Magli, have you tested the performance? Does it work well? We sincerely apologize if our policy bothers you, but still hope you respect the current policy.
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_J0vGhQeqN5zC Posted at 2018-4-5 06:36
I got unfit and had to be renovated. The controller does not fully charge and the application dji him 4 sees my obsidian like an ordinary p4p

Sorry for the troubles. I've read your replies in another post, will reply and update there: https://forum.dji.com/thread-142909-1-1.html thanks!
2018-4-6
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-6 02:30
Magli, have you tested the performance? Does it work well? We sincerely apologize if our policy bothers you, but still hope you respect the current policy.

Well... if you even read my previous post... you see that I cannot have tested it, since I cannot accept it from the dealer!
2018-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules