16688 108 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

johanmfr@yahoo. Posted at 2015-5-12 20:50
Hi Rennaat, i send you paypal yesterday and no news of you by email directly...? i m little adraid a ...

No one should worry if they don't get an instant response, Renaat and Aileen are wonderful, trustworthy people!   
2015-5-13
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-14 13:02
No one should worry if they don't get an instant response, Renaat and Aileen are wonderful, trustw ...

I second that!
2015-5-13
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Renaat Posted at 2015-5-14 10:55
that will be the only solution to keep weight at 3 grams, not very elegant but practical !

Perhaps we could use tape that is fashionable.  
2015-5-14
Use props
DJeff1
lvl.2

United States

I am hoping I will have an opportunity today to get some footage with sunny skies and my awesome Renaat and Aileen ND filters.
2015-5-14
Use props
Quinton
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Anyone know what the Inspire zebras are set at (just wondering is it 70%)
With the new ND filters on, you really do need to trust the histogram more than the zebras or what EV is showing, the app was reporting blown out skies, and it showed being more than +1EV, but was perfectly exposed when the footage is checked.
2015-5-15
Use props
nala
lvl.4

United Kingdom

orded and payed for my full set

thanks

Aileen & Renaat
2015-5-20
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Renaat,

Are you still on track to send out the third batch this week?

Thanks,

Paul.
2015-6-3
Use props
nala
lvl.4

United Kingdom

received my tracking number

delivery 8th  just waiting for my smart power charger
2015-6-4
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

GENETTICO Posted at 2015-5-5 20:16
Thats a great video comparison Jim. Thank you for taking the time.. I do see the color shift, and I ...

Genettico/ Jim,

Great reviews from you both, very well appreciated.  Just out of curiosity can you buy these filters as individual filters ?  As will predominantly be using to film buildings, structures etc. so was thinking of perhaps something in the mid like the ND8.  

What would you guys suggest ?
2015-6-4
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Sorry to all, we were very busy last weeks.
Yesterday we started to send out the 3rd shipment (250 sets), we will continue in some spare time today and tomorrow.
As still a lot of you ask us for more, we decided to let produce a 250 sets more. These will arrive about june 18th for shipment June 20th. Indeed we order in small quantities as we do not like to keep stock as we do this work only for you and for free. Orders can be done with a simple mail to   ceulenaere@gmail.com   for further instructions.
Yesterday we received a graduated one as a sample, not so pleased with it: the graduation must be more smooth and longer, I will propose to cover half of the filter and from ND3 to ND0 and this applied on a ND 8 and ND 16. We call factory today to apply our specifications.
Best regards to all, and for those who do mails, please be patient, we are not always in front of our computer and we are not a shop.
Aileen & Renaat
2015-6-4
Use props
matty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18656654 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Renaat,

Are you going to make a ND-CP. I'd buy an 8 and 16.
Thanks
2015-6-6
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Relaxed a bit after sending out 3rd batch !!
Today talking with factory about Phantom3 design barrel, they told me that from this 3rd batch color filter must be better (less magenta). I immediately took my personal 1st batch and looking through I see a slight difference on the ND16, better. Does someone did tests ? Thanks to Jim Hare for his analysis to do better !
Best regards, Aileen & Renaat
2015-6-8
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-5 17:21
Hi all,

Okay, I went out and shot some tests with the new NDs.   

Hey Jim -

I ordered some of these filters a few weeks back and they are due to arrive today. I have noticed in not only your video test but many others including Neumann Films review that there is an extreme color temperature/tint shift with these filters. I know shooting in LOG and Custom settings it can be corrected in post but the image looks heavy on the warm side with a magenta tint. As you know tint isn't correctable only kelvin.

Nuemann films seems to think that ND filters on this camera sensor are literally useless as the image at 1/50 literally breaks apart when motion blur is introduced. I tend to agree in some instances.

What are your thoughts? Do you have any footage that was shot in LOG and graded vs using stock settings which as well both know are WAY over saturated/sharpened?

-Scott
2015-6-8
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Hong Kong

scooterlam Posted at 2015-6-9 00:49
Hey Jim -

I ordered some of these filters a few weeks back and they are due to arrive today. I ha ...

from the 3rd batch this is improved thanks to the photos of Jim Hare sent to the factory. Thanks Jim. I only knew it today while talking with factory concerning the Ph3 barrel and filter set and better "neutral" nd. So the boss told me having done a slight correction. Someone of 3rd batch tried out ? Personally I saw a small difference comparing my first ones and the 3rd delivery.
2015-6-8
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

scooterlam Posted at 2015-6-9 00:49
Hey Jim -

I ordered some of these filters a few weeks back and they are due to arrive today. I ha ...

Hey Scott,

Correct on all accounts.   

The photos in my sample were shot LOG and only balanced for exposure to show what each looks like in similar conditions.   Thought it was the best way to show the color shift as it goes down the line.

I like the ND8 a lot and think that will be my go-to in addition to the supplied ND4.    I don't see myself using the 16 and 32 much as the work to correct and pollution (in my opinion) outweighs the benefits of a lower shutter.

I'll have to check out the Neumann discussion on shutter speed, haven't seen that.   For me I'm very happy around the 60-100 range, which the ND8 gets me in most of the time.  I've never had a problem with jello or with motion blur as I don't do much high speed shooting.

I'll be interested in your tests, especially if, as Renaat says, your batch is different to ours.   

All the best,

Jim
2015-6-8
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

Renaat Posted at 2015-6-9 01:18
from the 3rd batch this is improved thanks to the photos of Jim Hare sent to the factory. Thanks J ...

Happy to help!   Will be interested to see any improvements in the image.   I'm sure Scott's tests will let us know for sure.
2015-6-8
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.2

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-5 09:28
Excellent review, GENETTICO.  Still very jealous that I'm in the second wave instead of the first... ...

me too!! Tracking said mine just left Hong Kong last night!
2015-6-9
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.2

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-5 17:21
Hi all,

Okay, I went out and shot some tests with the new NDs.   

Awesome! I'm ready to test mine! Should get a chance Wednesday!
2015-6-9
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

production.spm2 Posted at 2015-6-9 22:59
Awesome! I'm ready to test mine! Should get a chance Wednesday!

You'll love them.  We have ours now.  Terrific product.
2015-6-9
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.2

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-10 01:33
You'll love them.  We have ours now.  Terrific product.

Awesome!! mine just arrived!! Can't wait to try them out!! Happy flying
2015-6-10
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

Not much of a test but here is the ND16 today in San Diego under bright partly cloud sky. Filters seem to not be quite as warm as the older videos I saw. Can't wait to try stronger ND's when its bright out.

Thanks everyone!

2015-6-11
Use props
cymillington.ho
lvl.3
Australia

scooterlam Posted at 2015-6-12 12:46
Not much of a test but here is the ND16 today in San Diego under bright partly cloud sky. Filters se ...

Looks good, what were your settings  please.
How was that seagull dive bombing at .17secs
2015-6-11
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

cymillington.ho Posted at 2015-6-12 13:13
Looks good, what were your settings  please.
How was that seagull dive bombing at .17secs

4K 30p
LOG
Custom - 3 contrast, -2 saturation, -1 sharpness
1/60, ISO 100

Added a touch of sharpness in post. Standard quick grading. No LUTS.

Seagull took a dive to get a fish I'm guessing. So sketchy flying around those birds. They are the only birds that literally try to attack the inspire. I find myself trying to out run them most of the time or just bring it back to land. Annoying. I'm sure it would kill them but it would also crash the inspire as well.
2015-6-12
Use props
cymillington.ho
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks

2015-6-12
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Renaat Posted at 2015-6-5 08:13
Sorry to all, we were very busy last weeks.
Yesterday we started to send out the 3rd shipment (250  ...

Hi Renaat, Great work as usual. Keep up posted on the progress with the grad. Hope you are both keeping well. Peter
2015-6-13
Use props
nala
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hi all

first try with filters

what am i doing wrong  used ND16

https://www.flickr.com/gp/alz123/NF0K46

its ok  did not set iso correct after changing filter
2015-6-14
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1336942 ft
United States

Just wanted to say this has to be the best purchase I have made to improve the Inspire! Using the 16 & 32 today in sunny conditions and they work great! No more blown out skies and the white details are now clear to see (so there really are clouds up there!). Next to try the 64 over the water chasing boats and dolphins here in SUNNY Florida! Thanks so much Renaat and Aileen!
2015-6-14
Use props
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 867175 ft
Germany

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-22
Use props
Glen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 572454 ft
United Kingdom

Hiya All,

Does anyone have a preset or plugin for taking out the colour shift from the ND32?

I shot some footage over the weekend and although the sea was slightly green the rushes call for grading it out.
Taking a clip into DaVinci I added some blue which made it better but needs further tweaking. Has anyone here had to do the same and can tell me the settings they used please?
Kind regards
Glen

Added blue 119

Added blue 119

ND32

ND32
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 17.08.51.png Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 17.00.33.png
2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules