1037 10 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ottotto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156811 ft
United States

Hi Support,
Why after having a product 25 days, an exchange can take weeks or pay $69.00 under the assurance plan to have a new piece of drone sent in return within weeks.  I didn't break it.   ACC0 Data Error.  The assurance plan assures me I'll have to keep paying through the nose for a piece of drone defect, plus wait for the next possibly defective piece of drone.  There would go my second drone at a cost of $99.00, all the while it's actually a defective piece of drone. What a stiff, in my view.  The answer is because you can, to me it's clearly not customer centric.
Thanks,
Walter
2018-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the drone is a DOA unit (delivered to you with malfunctions out of the box) then ensure to claim under the manufacturer warranty which covers defects through no fault of the pilot. By using the standard warranty you do not have to use your care refresh plan and thus no excess to pay and you'll retain your 2 claim options for the remainder of the first 12 months since activation.
2018-3-8
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2
United States

Agreed except dji is very quick to warn about the length of delay resolving those issue and dji recommends using the assurance plan for "quicker" service.  At this point Total cost of ownership per flight hour is $200.00.  The drain is open let me pour 69.00 more dollars down.
2018-3-8
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ottotto Posted at 2018-3-8 14:55
Agreed except dji is very quick to warn about the length of delay resolving those issue and dji recommends using the assurance plan for "quicker" service.  At this point Total cost of ownership per flight hour is $200.00.  The drain is open let me pour 69.00 more dollars down.

From the day I opened my ticket to the day I got my warranty replacement back was exactly 2 weeks.  I felt like that was quite reasonable.

I made a review video about the process:
2018-3-8
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2
United States

Hey Kloo Gee,  I set my expectations much to high for this product line and company.  A similar tech company iRobot- roomba, it drove down the stairs - 3 day turn-around, so yeah, 2 -weeks, poor planning on my part-the project goes on and didn't budget for 2.  I do like your moniker.    Thanks,  Walter
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ottotto, I acquired your case number via the email. As I noticed that you applied for the DJI Care Refresh Express case, the turnaround will be faster than the regular repair process.
But according to your description, I don't know if there was a misunderstanding to the warranty and DJI Care Refresh plan. If the error is not caused by the user, we suggest user send the drone in, our engineers will check and see if it is a warranty case, and we have been doing hard to improve the speed of the repair.
As for now, the drone will be shipped when we receive your package, this is the plan's process, and please don't worry about the replacement, the drone will be fully tested. Should you have any issues with the plan or if there is anything we can help, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help. Thank you for your kind understanding and your support.
2018-3-8
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-8 18:18
Ottotto, I acquired your case number via the email. As I noticed that you applied for the DJI Care Refresh Express case, the turnaround will be faster than the regular repair process.
But according to your description, I don't know if there was a misunderstanding to the warranty and DJI Care Refresh plan. If the error is not caused by the user, we suggest user send the drone in, our engineers will check and see if it is a warranty case, and we have been doing hard to improve the speed of the repair.
As for now, the drone will be shipped when we receive your package, this is the plan's process, and please don't worry about the replacement, the drone will be fully tested. Should you have any issues with the plan or if there is anything we can help, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help. Thank you for your kind understanding and your support.

Thanks, I spent the 69.00 because DJI assures faster service that way. (that's you btw, read your own website)   Please continue to cater to folks who are thrilled to have an item returned in 2 weeks.  
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ottotto Posted at 2018-3-9 01:57
Thanks, I spent the 69.00 because DJI assures faster service that way. (that's you btw, read your own website)   Please continue to cater to folks who are thrilled to have an item returned in 2 weeks.

For DJI Care Refresh Express, damage assessment and quotation are not required, which shortens the time required for replacement, customer should make their own decision if he/she would like DJI Care Refresh Express or normal repair process before sending in, please let us know if there is any other problem.
2018-3-10
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-10 03:29
For DJI Care Refresh Express, damage assessment and quotation are not required, which shortens the time required for replacement, customer should make their own decision if he/she would like DJI Care Refresh Express or normal repair process, please let us know if there is any other problem.

Ohhhh,  that does make sense! -cool. Thanks,  
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ottotto Posted at 2018-3-10 06:34
Ohhhh,  that does make sense! -cool. Thanks,

I've checked your case, the package is on the way currently. The local team will take care once they received the unit. We'll keep follow up as well. No worries.
2018-3-10
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-10 19:54
I've checked your case, the package is on the way currently. The local team will take care once they received the unit. We'll keep follow up as well. No worries.

Thank you.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules