altitude reading error
2390 13 2014-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
srlbarn
lvl.1

United States

My altitude reading has been way off since the first flight.       Where do I start? I have downloaded the latest and installed.

2014-10-29
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

How much is way off?  
2014-10-29
Use props
srlbarn
lvl.1

United States

I have seen -188 to 48 when at ground level.
2014-10-29
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

-188 to 48  sausages,  rice grains,  meters, feet?  
Does it vary up down constantly
Gradually changes while the unit is turned on?
Never is near Zero?

2014-10-29
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

Hi Srlbarn,

do you have iOSD? It's better that you could link it to your aircraft through the CAN-bus and get data of your next flight. Data are helpful to the analysis of the problem.
2014-10-29
Use props
srlbarn
lvl.1

United States

swomilan Posted at 2014-10-30 04:08
-188 to 48  sausages,  rice grains,  meters, feet?  
Does it vary up down constantly
Gradually chang ...

no sausages on my display only feet.
it does vary and does not seem to constant.
2014-10-30
Use props
srlbarn
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-10-30 14:03
Hi Srlbarn,

do you have iOSD? It's better that you could link it to your aircraft through the CAN-b ...

Iam a newbe so all I have is what came with the Phantom.
Not sure what a iOSD is, over my head but thanks.
2014-10-30
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

I'm assuming your are running a vision or vision+  so no need to worry about iOSD   .
Alt reading comes from a small barometric pressure sensor that is inside the Naza-M V2 flight controller which is installed in the Phantom and variations of 10 feet up and down are not unheard of.  I think Alt reading is reset every time you switch your phantom on so you should get near zero on power-up, it may drift a bit thereafter since temperature has an influence on the sensor.  You may have a sensor defect if you get a lot of drift in the reading.
2014-10-30
Use props
srlbarn
lvl.1

United States

swomilan Posted at 2014-10-30 23:15
I'm assuming your are running a vision or vision+  so no need to worry about iOSD   .
Alt reading  ...

I just did 3 lights this morning. The first  -546 feet at take off and drone would not hover would keep sinking about a foot a second.
Power cycled and tried again. 
56' reading at ground and hovered much better. climbed to what I estimated to be 100' and hovered. drone slowly came down
as reading came closer actual ground 0 but still read 16' just off the ground. Then the reading started to go back up as the actual elevation didn't change.
3 rd flight.  Power cycled and tried agian. 
-556' reading at ground. hovered ok and after a short flight and back reading was -547 at ground 0
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

srlbarn@frontie Posted at 2014-10-30 22:16
Iam a newbe so all I have is what came with the Phantom.
Not sure what a iOSD is, over my head but ...

Hi Srlbarn,

then I would suggest you to return the phantom back to your local dealer for arrangement of repair service, if you have bought it from a local dealer; or contact the nearest DJI support center in your region. For the contact info of DJI support center, pls refer to: http://www.dji.com/support.
2014-10-30
Use props
srlbarn
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-10-31 10:02
Hi Srlbarn,

then I would suggest you to return the phantom back to your local dealer for arrangem ...

Thanks, I have contacted DJI and they have been very helpful so far.
2014-10-31
Use props
markhowerton1
lvl.2
United States

I have the 2 v+ ver 3.0 and I live on a hill.  It does not adjust to the height difference. If I go to 50 ft. and fly over the slope the altitude doesn't change.  I'm now flying with a 50 ft. altitude reading going about 20 ft. over trees that are over a 100 ft. tall.  Is this normal.  Everything is OK as far as the phantom compass and I usually have 10 to 12 satellites.

Mark
2015-6-11
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

markhowerton1@y Posted at 2015-6-12 02:42
I have the 2 v+ ver 3.0 and I live on a hill.  It does not adjust to the height difference. If I go  ...

Altitude is measured from your initial take-off point/home location and will not adjust to the ground level you are flying over.
2015-6-11
Use props
markhowerton1
lvl.2
United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-6-12 03:29
Altitude is measured from your initial take-off point/home location and will not adjust to the gro ...

Thanks for the information.  That's what I thought but it makes it hard to determine altitude.

Mark
2015-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules