837 7 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dalbert4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41342 ft
United States

Hi,

Relative newb to the DJI lineup but have been flying RC airplanes and homebuilt tri's, quads, and hex's for over 20 years.  I have had my P4P+ for about a year.  I have never had an issue of any kind until this week.

Question 1:
Today I was teaching a group of new pilots how to fly when the screen said, "DJI Go App Not Responding".  Luckily, we were only 100 feet away and 4 feet altitude and I could easily fly back without using the now frozen screen.  I've always updated to the latest software before flying but not today (March 8). I noticed a new firmware was released today.  My concern is, what would have happened if the DJI Go App froze while at a higher altitude and a great distance away?  One thing is to be able to see the aircraft to avoid a possible collision, another is able to discern orientation to fly back. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Question 2
A few days ago I was traveling to a distant deserted island to take pictures.  When I arrived after a lengthy boat ride, the controller said it needed to update basic fly safe database. Being far from civilization, there was no WiFi or Cellular service.  I tried to make my phone a hotspot, but no luck, there was no signal.  I could not escape the update requirement no matter what I did.  I rebooted several times but there was no way out.  It was a 2 hour boat ride to the island and 2 hours back for nothing, not one picture.  In the future, how do I prevent such a situation?  I checked for updates that morning and the controller said it was up to date.

Thank you and best regards,

Dave

2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Dave, may I know what's the current version of the aircraft, controller, and APP? Please try to reset to factory settings and update to the latest firmware to see whether the freeze remains. If no helps, please kindly upload a short video for further analysis, thanks!

Regarding the flight database, please check the current version in About settings. If all have been updated to the latest version, the reminder might be misinformation, please choose ignore.
2018-3-8
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

You, sir, are a VERY patient man.  
2018-3-8
Use props
dalbert4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-8 21:24
Hello Dave, may I know what's the current version of the aircraft, controller, and APP? Please try to reset to factory settings and update to the latest firmware to see whether the freeze remains. If no helps, please kindly upload a short video for further analysis, thanks!

Regarding the flight database, please check the current version in About settings. If all have been updated to the latest version, the reminder might be misinformation, please choose ignore.

Yes, I would be happy to do so, may you provide instruction on how I may obtain that information for you?  
Thank you for looking into this matter for me.
-dave
2018-3-9
Use props
dalbert4
lvl.1
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-8 21:42
You, sir, are a VERY patient man.

Thank you.  One menapausal wife and two teenage children tends to make one learn to breathe deeply and carry on.  
2018-3-9
Use props
dalbert4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-8 21:24

I think I found it:
App 4.1.22
Aircraft 01.05.0600
Precise Fly Safe Database (Aircraft) 01.00.01.09
Precise Fly Safe Database  (App) 01.00.01.09
Basic Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.07

System Ver 01.03.06.00
pad@v0.3.6.1-6c4b9ef3
mcu@5.21.17.0
android@5.1.1
security patch @2015.12.01

Thank you for your help.  If this is not the information you need, please let me know with instruction on how to obtain it.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dalbert4 Posted at 2018-3-9 06:09
I think I found it:
App 4.1.22
Aircraft 01.05.0600

Received with thanks! Confirm that you have got the latest firmware version and flight database. Could you upload some samples when the freeze appears? I'd like to forward to our engineers for review.
2018-3-12
Use props
djiuser_N8JCS3GQW7ef
New

United States

I need help, dji phantom 3 standard I have and firmware issue I can connect to the rc wifi just fine with my phone, but when I turn on the aircraft the wifi kicks off the remote and I'm no longer able to connect to the wifi.
The ssid doesnt show anymore.
I turn the aircraft off, and the rc as well and I turn the rc back on and bam the wifi shows back up and I'm able to connect to it again.
But when I powrr on the aircraft it does the same thing again.
I'm technically confused on what's happening can someone please help me.
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules