Battery Inicator Show's NA and other problems
2584 16 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkgako
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243346 ft
Dominican Republic

I have been flying for about a month with no problems. I go to the same places, use the same phone, cable etc. but suddenly things started to go wrong:
- I turned things on to fly and I
1) couldn't connect
2) When I did the image was breaking up.
After wasting a battery I was able to fly but the image was breaking up and I noticed the battery indicator read N/A. I used a cable and the image improved. A message said there was interference but I had flown there before without problems.

- I went out into the country where I have NEVER had problems or interference and a similar thing happened:
1) image break-up,
2) battery level in NA,
3) a message says I'm limited to fly only 50m high and 30m away,
4) a message that says the memory card it to slow..

I plugged the Spark into the laptop and re-installed. Things improved after but the battery indicator still doesn't work.
Should I try re-installing the DJI Go 4 on my phone?
Is this due to updates?

ANY ADVISE?

2018-3-8
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

OTG cable on Android ia not working. It's working with iOS but still not supported by DJI.
As for the distance and hight linitations you may want to check if "beginner mode" is activated
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, did you use OTG cable to fly your spark? Please try to fly without it. If the problem remains when you fly with wifi connection, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

2018-3-8
Use props
Sparkgako
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

dj_dread Posted at 2018-3-8 14:24
OTG cable on Android ia not working. It's working with iOS but still not supported by DJI.
As for the distance and hight linitations you may want to check if "beginner mode" is activated

I was using an iPhone for my fist few flights and it worked with or without the cable. Then switched to an Android. It also worked with both. I remember the first time I connected the cable to the Android a popup asked if I was going to have the cable at start-up and I said yes. It worked fine for many flights. Most of the time when I plug in the cable it asks for access. Now When I turn things on their is a huge lag time. The camera view is all broken, there is a 5 sec. lag when I move the camera, the sensor indicator is red, the battery shows NA. Over time it seems to improve but I have to go through all the settings and plug in the cable. It's like the communication between the drone and the controller is not working right. After about 5-10 min it seems to be ok and I can fly.  I'll try again tomorrow
2018-3-8
Use props
Sparkgako
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-8 18:37
Hi, did you use OTG cable to fly your spark? Please try to fly without it. If the problem remains when you fly with wifi connection, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

It's worse without the cable. It seems like the communication between the drone and controller is slow. I will try to post the flight data.  
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sparkgako Posted at 2018-3-8 19:43
It's worse without the cable. It seems like the communication between the drone and controller is slow. I will try to post the flight data.

Please try to change an environment and you can enter the wifi setting and see if most of the channels are green. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-9
Use props
Sparkgako
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-9 00:44
Please try to change an environment and you can enter the wifi setting and see if most of the channels are green. Thanks for your support.

I flew with just the android phone, no controller, and all was well. I can't get much distance, though. It starts cracking up at 40 m.

Then I connected the controller and used the phone without the cable. It was braking up a bit and then everything seemed to load. I could see the battery level and all but it seemed to take time. Again, I don't get much distance and video contact breaks up a bit and I have to come back. I flew about 160 m with the controller - not much.

One thing I did notice is that when I go to Image transition Settings there are no bars of any kind. Shouldn't there be some bars?

Also, I see note at the top right where the camera settings appear. It says card is too slow for HD or something like that. Would that slow the image transfer down because it's trying to save? Maybe I should have it save to my phone's memory and not it's memory card? I will try this.
2018-3-9
Use props
Sparkgako
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-8 18:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

controller:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnaiBQvT3L4QgV8tPan2--c2xtuP

Black box:  https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnaiBQvT3L4QgVIC_fZuO0YckizW
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sparkgako Posted at 2018-3-9 16:55
controller:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnaiBQvT3L4QgV8tPan2--c2xtuP

Black box:  https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnaiBQvT3L4QgVIC_fZuO0YckizW

Sorry that I can not open your link, please post again so I can forward your data. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-13
Use props
Sparkgako
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

I connected the other day and I noticed a file downloaded. Now it seems to be working again. I don't know if It had to do with sending the black box files but all well again.
2018-4-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

The OTG cable on Android has been disabled in a firmware update sometime around late January, I'm not too sure what version it is carrying the OTG cable option, but if you want to use that then either switch to an iOS device or reflash your firmware to an older version.
2018-4-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-2 18:09
The OTG cable on Android has been disabled in a firmware update sometime around late January, I'm not too sure what version it is carrying the OTG cable option, but if you want to use that then either switch to an iOS device or reflash your firmware to an older version.

That wasn't in January, on Android, that was in November!
2018-4-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-2 18:14
That wasn't in January, on Android, that was in November!

OK I take it back then that was in November.
2018-4-2
Use props
Sparkgako
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-2 18:43
OK I take it back then that was in November.

I went through a lot of trouble to buy a cable for android now i cant use it! Are they ever going to get it working?
2018-4-3
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Sparkgako Posted at 2018-4-3 02:45
I went through a lot of trouble to buy a cable for android now i cant use it! Are they ever going to get it working?

The automated response from DJI mods is that they are working on it ... it's the same over and over again from the last November but still no results.

If you want/need to use the OTG cable you have to downgrade to DJI GO 4 4.1.15 or lower. You won't loose any function as every newer version after that is targeted for Mavic Air and doesn't bring anything new for Spark ...
2018-4-3
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247933 ft
United States

TBH, I had the same "symptoms" with my Spark about 2 weeks ago before I lost control and slammed it into a wall (causing pretty bad damage).  My video feed was EXTREMELY choppy and delayed.  Like you said, it took a little bit of time for the camera movement to be reflected on the screen (I could watch the camera gimbal move, but the refreshed image on the screen showing the change was delayed by at least 5-10 seconds).  I kept getting all kind of errors.. "Interference, Weak video signal" as well as a loss of GPS resulting in my Spark going into ATTI mode.  (The area I was in was an area I have flown many times w/o incident).  Keep in mind, this entire time I was less than 10' from my Spark.  I got my replacement Spark delivered yesterday and Im anxious to start it up to see if I have the same issues.  I hope it all works out for you.   
2018-4-4
Use props
Sparkgako
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

This youtube video shows the problem I had:
I found that setting the HD transmission manually would make it workable but their were no bars on the HD screen so I never knew if the channel was good or not.
I started out flying with a borrowed iphone and like the cable. It worked at first with the android I bought mainly for flying. I think an automatic upgrade is what screwed things up. I'll probably downgrade to DJI GO 4 4.1.15. Thanks  Vyborny83 and everyone.
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules