Firmware (why and what)
1215 8 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Will someone from dji please clue us all in to the need for a new firmware update so soon?
What were the problems and has the update solved them?

It would be nice to know so we can make informed decisions about updating.
2015-5-4
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

Two snakes, at least part of the need is to correspond with the need for the updated iOS app coming out eventually. As you probably know from previous news, DJI's original submission of the iOS DJI Pilot update for P3 did not go through, so they had to resubmit after fixing something... They have said since that this iOS app update will require firmware update too... So perhaps the update doesn't fix any flight problems, perhaps it's just for the iOS app, which is probably soon to come out...

That said, I too agree with you that software updates should include release notes with change logs.

DJI... hopefully you are listening... Most software developing organizations share a Release Notes with updates that include at least basic descriptions and changes in the update. I would be nice if you did too.
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

coreynach@gmail Posted at 2015-5-5 09:37
Two snakes, at least part of the need is to correspond with the need for the updated iOS app coming  ...

We will. Thanks for reminding.
The major change of this new firmware is adding iOS support. A tiny fix but still need to be explained.
2015-5-4
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-5 10:43
We will. Thanks for reminding.
The major change of this new firmware is adding iOS support. A tiny ...

LOL stop teasing

So... any news on the iOS app?
2015-5-4
Use props
wiedemann.tom
lvl.1

Germany

Since I use a android based system do I need to update as well?! I have a stable working system. Any  experience with flying and filming with a app aircraft and remotes that want to be updated??
Thoughts welcome!

2015-5-5
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Sweden

I asked from 24h support. They said, you can install it, it would not do any harm... But they dont answer to my question..
2015-5-5
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Im going to wait and let others jump on the firmware update. I always do this for every computer I own. Let others be your beta testers I say. Especially in a case where you have a functionality craft. If it does what it says then what are you gaining from an update.
As for the fly aways reported, we still don't see enough information to back up it was the firmware.
2015-5-5
Use props
davemex
lvl.2

United States

Two Snakes Posted at 2015-5-5 22:19
Im going to wait and let others jump on the firmware update. I always do this for every computer I o ...

As one of your beta testers using the P3 Pro with the latest Android app, I can provide one data point of the P3 not behaving any differently after the update. Your mileage may vary.
2015-5-5
Use props
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

Been looking for this answer for 3 days now on the release notes smh
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules