Odd Error Message Mid-Flight During RTH
927 12 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BearDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2887251 ft
United States

There were some very interesting clouds as the day wore on, so I thought I'd launch my P4 and get a couple of snaps. The wind had been up and down all day, and when I lanched it certainly seemed manageable.

I live in a coastal area, and pretty much wherever you fly, you will be over water. You just get use to it. I wanted to fly to an area about 3/4 of a mile away, and get a shot back towards my location to catch the late day sun and clouds over the water. I've done this flight many times, and there is never a problem.

The wind picked up and I knew where I was flying to was downwind, so I wasn't going to loiter too long for pictures. I knew it was going to be a slow struggle back. I determined not to go below 70% battery before heading back. All was going as planned, I got my pics, and started the journey back. For unknown reasons, I started having reception problems and I actually lost signal with the AC. I wasn't too worried, and was confident I would not be in a signal loss situation long.

After 30 seconds or so, I did reacquire telemetry. As I was about to cancel RTH, I got the following error message serveral times, and I was unable to cancel RTH during this period. I lost contact with the AC several more times.

I eventually reacquired the AC, and got her back in range and landed as soon as possilbe. The wind had really picked up and this error message had me concerned. If what the message was saying was actually what the AC would have been limited to do, I would have been stuck 1/4 out over the bay, and I'm assuming the AC would have gone down in the water after the battery died.

Anyone ever see this error message before? Should I be worried?

Error Message

Error Message
2018-3-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That's a weird one. I would guess just a glitch.
2018-3-8
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

I'll admit it was a weird one, and yes it is some sort of glitch, but boy can you imagine if it held it in that position with those parameters? Yikes. Well, the good news is how could DJI NOT send me a new one. That is nothing I could control and certainly not pilot error.
2018-3-8
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Looks like it jumped into beginner mode mid flight.
Can you upload the flight log and post link to it here. There may be an answer within the log.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know what's the current version of your APP? Could you upload the flight records and the flight data for analysis? Thanks in advance!

2018-3-8
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-8 19:30
Hi there, may I know what's the current version of your APP? Could you upload the flight records and the flight data for analysis? Thanks in advance!

Okay, I've not used the Assistant software before, so let me get it downloaded to my MacBookPro and get the flight logs transferred over.

Can I not upload the flight logs from my computer, once exported from the AC, directly to this support thread? The instructions indicated that I had to upload them to a cloud service first.

I'm running 4.1.12 for the DJI Go4 App.
Thanks,
2018-3-9
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

Perhaps I'm just stupid, but I cannot find where to download the DJI Assistant 2 software. Have been to main web site, support site, etc. Should be this difficult.

Could someone please tell me where the link is, or where on the webpage I can find it?

Thanks,
2018-3-9
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

Got it. Never mind.
However, my Mac is telling me this download is from an unidentified developer and/or not from Apple certified developer and my security settings wont' allow me to open it. How can this be?

Aren't the vast majority of DJI products developed to run on iOS?

Is there anyway I can grab the flight logs using the DJI Go4 App and get them to DJI??

Thanks,

2018-3-9
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

I got the limited to 30 and 50m message too the other day. I was out about 1/2 a mile and I still had full control so I assume it was a glitch. I turned around and came back home to be safe. Didn't have that message again since.
2018-3-9
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-3-9 10:58
I got the limited to 30 and 50m message too the other day. I was out about 1/2 a mile and I still had full control so I assume it was a glitch. I turned around and came back home to be safe. Didn't have that message again since.

Okay, yea, I guess it was just an odd glitch. I have not flown since. Been too windy, but I have to admit I am a little nervous. I think I'll keep it over land and limit the distance myself just to make certain all is well.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BearDrone Posted at 2018-3-9 06:27
Got it. Never mind.
However, my Mac is telling me this download is from an unidentified developer and/or not from Apple certified developer and my security settings wont' allow me to open it. How can this be?

Do not worry if you downloaded from DJI official website. The flight log is saved in the aircraft, we need to assess it to check the exact status. As the file might be too large, we'll suggest uploading to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link with us.
2018-3-12
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-12 03:14
Do not worry if you downloaded from DJI official website. The flight log is saved in the aircraft, we need to assess it to check the exact status. As the file might be too large, we'll suggest uploading to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link with us.

Okay. I have an Amazon Drive account. I'll post it to that once I get the flight logs off the AC. Thank you.
2018-3-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BearDrone Posted at 2018-3-12 04:10
Okay. I have an Amazon Drive account. I'll post it to that once I get the flight logs off the AC. Thank you.

You are welcome. I'll be here waiting for your update.
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules