Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reccomend a Tablet
1348 16 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Greetings!

Can anyone reccomend a tablet for the Phantom 4 Pro?

Im looking at an Ipad Mini 4 currently. Anyone using this tablet with a P4P?

Cheers and Thanks!

Mike
2018-3-8
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I prefer Android so cant reccommend any ios tablets.
But if you do concider android the s2 8" is not too bad
2018-3-8
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I would first concider checking out the device compatability list
2018-3-8
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-8 16:39
I prefer Android so cant reccommend any ios tablets.
But if you do concider android the s2 8" is not too bad

Tab S2 8 is what I have.

It has an annoying connection issue. Yeah theres a work around but its still a pain.

Cheers
2018-3-8
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-8 16:41
I would first concider checking out the device compatability list

I have.

I'm looking for opinions from folks on what they use or have success with.

Cheers
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

How about the CrystalSky? You may consider the 7.85" High Brightness: https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... earch&vid=23511
2018-3-8
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-8 18:35
How about the CrystalSky? You may consider the 7.85" High Brightness: https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky?from=search&vid=23511

Susan  

I dont even know what to say here. But a response to my last note in this thread would be appreciated.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1239806
2018-3-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The mini 4 is a good bet, in fact any of the higher performance (read later) Apple tablets would be the most reliable. I used to suggest the Air 2, but now I would go for an iPad Pro 10.5" and modify the mount to accept it.
2018-3-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-3-8 17:06
Tab S2 8 is what I have.

It has an annoying connection issue. Yeah theres a work around but its still a pain.

I have the same issue with the Tab S2  8".  It's a totally random thing. One time, it connects straight away, and another you have to do the work around and fiddle about for upto ten minutes before it will connect. It's infuriating, but when connected it works brilliantly.
2018-3-9
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-8 20:48
The mini 4 is a good bet, in fact any of the higher performance (read later) Apple tablets would be the most reliable. I used to suggest the Air 2, but now I would go for an iPad Pro 10.5" and modify the mount to accept it.

Can't say i wish to modify anything, would rather find something that works straight outta the box.

You say the IPad Air 2 works well?

Cheers and Thanks!
2018-3-9
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-3-9 00:37
I have the same issue with the Tab S2  8".  It's a totally random thing. One time, it connects straight away, and another you have to do the work around and fiddle about for upto ten minutes before it will connect. It's infuriating, but when connected it works brilliantly.

I switch the USB port protocol every time to avoid the nonsense.

What I find infuriating is DJI's lack of ability to recommend anything on this forum other than there over priced crystal sky unit.

Cheers!.
2018-3-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-3-9 01:24
I switch the USB port protocol every time to avoid the nonsense.

What I find infuriating is DJI's lack of ability to recommend anything on this forum other than there over priced crystal sky unit.

For me, it's the "reset defaults to NONE" in either DJI Go4 or Litchi, which works, followed by rebooting the tablet. ( sometimes takes two goes ).  Could you expand a little on the change of USB protocol?  That's a new one on me....
And of course, I won't touch any "updates" with a bargepole.  Everything works fine once connected, so I don't see the point in running THAT gauntlet.
2018-3-9
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best device for the p4 in my opinion is the iPad Pro 10.5 it does fit in the clamp but is very snug so I use a extender I made myself. Incredibly fast processor and works great in direct sunlight....
2018-3-9
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-3-9 03:23
For me, it's the "reset defaults to NONE" in either DJI Go4 or Litchi, which works, followed by rebooting the tablet. ( sometimes takes two goes ).  Could you expand a little on the change of USB protocol?  That's a new one on me....
And of course, I won't touch any "updates" with a bargepole.  Everything works fine once connected, so I don't see the point in running THAT gauntlet.

Ok,

To expand on changing the USB port protocol, I have started another thread with instructions for anyone who requires this help.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1245256

Cheers

Mike
2018-3-9
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-3-9 04:05
Best device for the p4 in my opinion is the iPad Pro 10.5 it does fit in the clamp but is very snug so I use a extender I made myself. Incredibly fast processor and works great in direct sunlight....

Do you have a photo handy of the extension you created?

Thanks and Cheers

Mike
2018-3-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-3-9 01:21
Can't say i wish to modify anything, would rather find something that works straight outta the box.

You say the IPad Air 2 works well?

The Air 2 works well for me, but I have not updated anything for several years.
2018-3-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-3-9 13:50
Ok,

To expand on changing the USB port protocol, I have started another thread with instructions for anyone who requires this help.

OK Mike thanks.
I've just noticed, you refer to the P4P.
Mine is a P4 Standard so not sure if the workaround would be the same.
The Reset Defaults to None works for me - usually - so I'll stick with that unless
you know different?    Thanks for the thread.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules