Dual Controller Help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Way2Fst4U
lvl.2
United States

I've asked this on another forum, but I thought I would try here as well. I am having trouble configuring the dual controllers on my Inspire 1.[size=14.666666984558105px] The master controller is a model GL658B, and the Slave is a GL658C.
[size=14.666666984558105px]I think I almost have this all figured out. Luckily my new remote connected to my Master remote immediately. No issues. The DGIGo app and the new firmware is slightly different than the videos I watched, but I still was able to figure most of it out. You still go into DJIGo with the master, make sure master is selected, but you will need to be in COACH mode. The slave also has to request control (apparently only the first time), and the master has to grant it before anything can happen...the videos I watched from DJI never said anything about this.

[size=14.666666984558105px]The problem I have, is the slave RC has the same exact control as the master. I have it set up for gimbal control, but it isn't doing anything...it just acts like the master. I can even start the props, takeoff and land...? I tap request control, it says "WARNING Current controller has gimbal control" I hit "apply" on gimbal stick mode. then I get another "WARNING Current Controller has Gimbal Control" but it really doesn't. I can also request control but nothing pops up on the master RC. It just works like the master. Any ideas?
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide us the screenshot of your slave's image screen. What is the color of the indicator of your slave RC? Please keep us updated, thanks,
2018-3-10
Use props
Donnie -
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Do you have the "Coach Mode " enabled on the  go app .  If you do, the slave will act just like the master but the master will override the slave .
donnie
2018-3-10
Use props
Way2Fst4U
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-10 01:29
Please provide us the screenshot of your slave's image screen. What is the color of the indicator of your slave RC? Please keep us updated, thanks,

Bird is flashing yellow/red. Slave controller is teal. Master controller is green.

2018-3-10
Use props
Donnie -
Second Officer
United States

Way2Fst4U Posted at 2018-3-10 04:43
Bird is flashing yellow/red. Slave controller is teal. Master controller is green.[view_image]
[view_image]

Turn the "coach mode " to  off.  It is on the bottom picture you posted under remote control settings.

That is the problem .  But you can wait for DJI Electra if you think she knows better than I .................

donnie
2018-3-11
Use props
Way2Fst4U
lvl.2
United States

Donnie - Posted at 2018-3-11 06:09
Turn the "coach mode " to  off.  It is on the bottom picture you posted under remote control settings.

That is the problem .  But you can wait for DJI Electra if you think she knows better than I .................

Donnie...when I turn it off, the other controller does NOTHING at all. I understand coach mode allows controllers to work together and take over, but I can't get gimbal control on the other one at all with that off.
2018-3-11
Use props
Way2Fst4U
lvl.2
United States

Looks like I finally got it working. I had to swap the status' of the controllers. The newer GL658C had to be the Master. Once I swapped them over, it just worked fine. Coach mode is now off and the "camera" can request gimbal control from the master.

2018-3-11
Use props
Donnie -
Second Officer
United States

Way2Fst4U Posted at 2018-3-11 08:07
Looks like I finally got it working. I had to swap the status' of the controllers. The newer GL658C had to be the Master. Once I swapped them over, it just worked fine. Coach mode is now off and the "camera" can request gimbal control from the master.

Ok glad you have it working ,that is the Botton line .

donnie
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules