Battery firmware update required
5182 5 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roy
lvl.2

United States

The battery is required to update, please check the firmware upgrade tutorial video in Academy.

This thread is for anyone who sees the above message in the Pilot app.

I got this message and no amount of searching on Google turned up an exact match for this error message. So I'm posting this for the benefit for anyone who gets this and has no idea what it means.

This error message means that the firmware in your battery needs to be updated. Even if your Inspire and controller have the latest firmware each of your batteries needs to be updated to the latest firmware as well. DJI has instructions for this so I won't get into that here. But when there is new firmware you have to update each one of your batteries as well as the bird and controller.

2015-5-4
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Dundee produced a flow chart for firmware upgrading, it was great, easy to follow and therefore less likely to miss something .

I wish DJI would produce one of those with each update, instead of the PDF instructions.
2015-5-4
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

The easiest way to deal with this is to always leave the .bin file for the most recent firmware on your MicroSD card.  It's not big enough to have any impact on the capacity of your card, it will be ignored most of the time, but if you insert a battery that needs updating it will just do it automatically.
2015-5-5
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-5 19:46
The easiest way to deal with this is to always leave the .bin file for the most recent firmware on y ...

You have to update  EACH battery separately
***After updating the craft and the first battery
**Turn off the craft and insert new un updated battery
**Turn aircraft on and wait till DDDD changes to D...DD
**Turn off and go to the next battery
Each battery takes about two minutes i have 7 batteries

arun
2015-5-6
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

I am chatting with support right now. I asked them about updating the firmware in the batteries for the P3P and they told me the following, and this is copied and pasted from my chat:

I asked this:
"I have 3 batteries. From what I have been reading on the forums, I assume I have to run the FW update three times, once with each battery inserted, erasing all text files created on the SD card after each upgrade. Is this correct?

They replied, "Every time you insert a new battery it is updated based on the firmware installed on the unit. Most on the forums are used to the old updating process with the P2, but in the case of the P3 there is no need to update each battery."

Which is correct?
2015-8-4
Use props
todor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-7 08:35
You have to update  EACH battery separately
***After updating the craft and the first battery

Yesterday I did the same procedure to update my second battery. This is the correct way.
Edit: I am on P3P
2015-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules