i dont know what is black and grey wires
8126 24 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242408 ft
United Arab Emirates

hi can i ask what is the black and grey wires at dji phantom 3 standard.  because those wires are destroyed at my drone so my drone is spinning abnormally
2018-3-9
Use props
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

and pls send a link where to buy it
2018-3-9
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209764 ft
United States

You may need to be a little more specific, do you mean the wires that run to the gimbal? Could you upload a picture of the wires you're taking about?
2018-3-9
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

could you explain your problem in more detail and include  a picture?
2018-3-9
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Black and grey wires running up the landing gear broken? Spinning? Probably the compass wires -> like this?????
2018-3-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-3-9 11:49
Black and grey wires running up the landing gear broken? Spinning? Probably the compass wires -> like this?????

That sounds like what he's describing, but he shouldn't be able to even start the motors if the compass wires are broken.  He needs to give a better description.  There are black and gray wires at the gimbal connection too.
2018-3-9
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Daroga Posted at 2018-3-9 11:49

You have your compass wires, and I'm thinking you should also have the antenna wires. Not sure on your standard, but the P3A & P3P have these.
2018-3-9
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

In the landing gear is a white thick wire for the compass in the rear right leg. 2 ray wires are the antennas for the control signal receiver in the rear left and front right legs. And the black wire from the gimbal goes inside to the WIFI antenna pad on right side near the battery slot.
2018-3-9
Use props
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

2018-3-9
Use props
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

i dont know what is that is  and i accidentally broke it
2018-3-9
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

WIFI wire in the left red mark is broken. That gray wire comes from the gimbal too?
2018-3-10
Use props
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

that what comes with the gimbal. i tried to fix the gimbal and i tried to insert the cable but not the black and grey wires its spinning abnormaly
2018-3-10
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Did you have a look on to the gimbal main board yet?  Is that soldered or plugged?
2018-3-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Splicing will never work on these.  You should send it to be repaired. They both connect to a board above the gimbal.
2018-3-10
Use props
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

i didnt check or open the drone yet i just wanna know what happens if thats unplugged to a gimbal
2018-3-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

I should fly fine, if nothing else inside the drone itself is damaged. You will be flying blind however without the camera.  Those wires are a pain to replace.
2018-3-10
Use props
fanse89c21ab
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft
Canada

I saw this wire on a drone forum I think they are antenna wires the plug that have been torn off are called IPX/u.FL plugs .  If you look at the bottom of the P3 Standard camera unit the connector are the round plugs, one top left and bottom right I also included connector image included from the forum, this I think was the connector on the wires you are asking for. You mention gimble spinning, so I imagine that there s some damage to it, I don't know if the startup requires the cable to be plug in, but since at startup the P3S will likely go into a test mode, I am guessing that maybe the wire telemetry is needed, but for the gimble to spin wild indicates maybe a more serious error. You could check YouTube as well and see there are many tips there. I will try and look and update if I find anything.

2018-3-10
Use props
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

thank you sir that helo i wanna ask something my gimbal is spinning abnormaly (ph3 std) i already tried to fix it just like on youtube but the time i tried it it fails i don't kniw what is the main provlem there
2018-3-10
Use props
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

sorry i can't explain it properly
2018-3-10
Use props
fanse89c21ab
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft
Canada

good you checked out YouTube, since it's hard for you to explain I found a video that I think should fix the problem unless it's really serious. have a look at this video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qu2MOiDOB2I

Make sure you watch the video first from start to finish and pay attention to what he tells you, be careful and take it slow, as not to break anything. this video seems to show the reason most gimble will have problem after a crash if it is still working. but if this does not fix it it may be  serious.
All the best!
2018-3-10
Use props
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

i already trued that but my gimbal is keep spinning. i already spin like the motors on gimbal facing the drone and the hes screw dacing in the bearing. i already follow the instruction that what i found. is my gimbal is a really problem ?
2018-3-11
Use props
fans6a0efc68
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

i already fallow step by step if yhe gimbal main board and i tried it again but is doesen't work. is the gimbak is the real prob should i replace it ?
2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We do not recommend to repair the drone by yourself since more damage could be caused, please contact our support to start a ticket and send in for further assistance, thank you.
2018-3-11
Use props
fans40a8b1fb
New
Flight distance : 792913 ft
United States

Hey bud, I’m not meaning to be a jerk by saying this, and I’m only offering my opinion, just as friendly advice. But you should try & improve on your writing skills (etc.) a little bit. I can guarantee you that if you’ll make a concerted effort at doing so, going fwd, that it would only serve as being beneficial to you in certain aspects of your life, going fwd & in the future. And I’m sure that you’re sharper in some other things, much more so, than I may be. No man has ever lived, who was wholly absent of any need for improvement.
And I’m not Proclaiming to be an authority on punctuation/grammatical prowess, or a literary lion etc. Anyways, it’s all good. I just got kinda frustrated trying to keep up throughout that thread, is all. Lol
Oh, and as far as your gimbal acting a fool, buy a new ribbon cable. And one more piece of advice; BUY AN OFFICIAL DJI PRODUCT/AUTHORIZED RIBBON CABLE! Some things, you can skimp on, that part isn’t one of them. 100% fact! And not just my opinion.
2022-8-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fans40a8b1fb Posted at 8-12 12:48
Hey bud, I’m not meaning to be a jerk by saying this, and I’m only offering my opinion, just as friendly advice. But you should try & improve on your writing skills (etc.) a little bit. I can guarantee you that if you’ll make a concerted effort at doing so, going fwd, that it would only serve as being beneficial to you in certain aspects of your life, going fwd & in the future. And I’m sure that you’re sharper in some other things, much more so, than I may be. No man has ever lived, who was wholly absent of any need for improvement.
And I’m not Proclaiming to be an authority on punctuation/grammatical prowess, or a literary lion etc. Anyways, it’s all good. I just got kinda frustrated trying to keep up throughout that thread, is all. Lol
Oh, and as far as your gimbal acting a fool, buy a new ribbon cable. And one more piece of advice; BUY AN OFFICIAL DJI PRODUCT/AUTHORIZED RIBBON CABLE! Some things, you can skimp on, that part isn’t one of them. 100% fact! And not just my opinion.

1)  This thread is four years old.

2)  The OP is from UAE and he's writing in English.  I think he did a good job - probably better than you would have done writing in Arabian script, I bet.  

3)  You should provide a break between paragraphs.  Alternatively, you could indent the first sentence in a paragraph.  I prefer the former.

4)  You're spot on regarding that ribbon cable.  You gotta go OEM DJI.  

Good luck

2022-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules