Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom vision 2 not connecting
23449 28 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick van de Water
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi, i just got a phantom 2 vision, but i cant seem to find the vision app, and the app i can find wont connect to the camera.
i have a samsung galaxy s8. any ideas?
2018-3-9
Use props
Nick van de Water
lvl.1

Netherlands

So i managed to find and download the app, i can connect to wifi . but i cant connect to the camera? has this been fixed?
2018-3-9
Use props
Nick van de Water
lvl.1

Netherlands

So i have managed to connect to the vision app using an iphone, i can take photos and video everything seems to work i just cant get the live video feed on the phone.. have updated all firmware
2018-3-10
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

sounds like you may have what is known to be a common problem with PV2+. I have  the same problem :-(  It usually come about where the Phantom has been unused for a while.  Something to do with the NAND memory losing the plot.  Check this out Phantom V2+ Problem

Good Luck with it
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Nick, I'm sorry to hear the issue. It is suggested to start a case and send it in for diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-11
Use props
Nick van de Water
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thanks Susan, I am in contact with the support team.
2018-3-11
Use props
djiuser_cWWTkytGjmRA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46568 ft
United States

FredAstra Posted at 2018-3-10 13:03
sounds like you may have what is known to be a common problem with PV2+. I have  the same problem :-(  It usually come about where the Phantom has been unused for a while.  Something to do with the NAND memory losing the plot.  Check this out Phantom V2+ Problem

Good Luck with it

Hey Fred, i was hoping you could help me...i seen this thread....i only wish i had seen it 2 weeks ago..i had same situation,have telematry, gimbal worked fine,video , pics , but no video feed on my phantom 2 vision plus...i had tried various things id seen on you tube..bought 2nd hand wifi transponder, with no results..figured i try to change ribbon cable because i thought i seen a rip  in the original...unfortunately now the gimbal does not work it just beep twice and light flashes red..beep beep....beep beep....  And thoughts....??
2018-3-12
Use props
fansdffa0d29
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, has anyone got a wifi module with the black video issue, but still showing tenementary that I could buy off them? It would need to be posted to the UK, but it shouldn't cost more than a few pounds (posting worldwide for a UK large letter is about £3-4.

I would like to experiment on the fixing of them.

Thanks
2018-3-26
Use props
Nick van de Water
lvl.1

Netherlands

Because my phantom was recently purchased i contacted dji support, i sent it away and it got repaired under warranty and works fine now!
2018-3-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

From what I heard, as of January of this year, DJI is fixing these black screen problems on the Vision series Phantoms for free, regardless of the warranty.  
2018-3-26
Use props
fans6424a971
lvl.3

Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 3-11 22:20
Hi Nick, I'm sorry to hear the issue. It is suggested to start a case and send it in for diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support

Is that free service still on this machine and this faults?
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans6424a971 Posted at 11-28 10:12
Is that free service still on this machine and this faults?

The team will offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, please contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.
2018-11-29
Use props
djiuser_kUV79ZxSziuc
lvl.1

South Africa

please help ...vision plus2 only links with my S7 edge and S5 samsung mobiles but doesnt wanna link with my note 9 any ideas....cant be drone problem coz it works 100% with the other mobiles...just doesnt wanna connect via litchi2 app to note 9...please help
2020-3-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Much of the older Dji systems are not compatible with the more modern mobile devices.  Good luck
2020-3-21
Use props
djiuser_bXYPIykuR6wd
New

Malaysia

Hi all. Need help here. I have a PV2 and hav Ed not use for quite sometime. Charge up and all fine.
Where can i get the Vision app??
Thks
2020-4-17
Use props
slaytman
lvl.1

United States

I had to go get the DJI Vision ap here for my PV2 since it is not on Google Play anymore. Installed successfully on my Samsung N9 and my backup N3
https://apkpure.com/dji-vision/com.dji.vision
2020-4-17
Use props
slaytman
lvl.1

United States

I am having multiple issues. I suspect that the wifi module in the camera is at fault.
I am getting a strong signal (-25) from the Extender and able to wifi connect to it.
The P2V drone is powered on and have the camera on wifi. Am getting flashing Yellow (fly w/o gps ready)
Turning the camera off still has a flashing yellow.
This image shows the connection to the Extender in the DJI GO app

This is a image from the Litchi for P2 app

I do get a proper location on the map without the red arrow drone locator icon.
I do not get any altitude or speed or gps location.
Strange thing when binding camera in the DJI go app: will show successfull binding to the camera then when i go to camera the wifi transmission from the extender shuts off as i monitor its signal from the inSSIDer Home network application.
This is the image in the DJI GO app under camera

I just want to narrow down what the failed component is. Please help
I suspect that the wifi module in the camera is bad?
2020-4-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I think your suspicion is correct.  It seems there is no wifi coming from the egg.  AFter a successful binding and subsequent auto-reboot, the RE stops transmitting if it doesn't sense a wifi signal coming from the egg.  You can confirm this by downloading a free wifi analyzer to your mobile device.  Use it to check if a wifi signal is coming from the egg.  Keep the RE off.  You must know the MAC address of the egg, so look for it with the wifi analyzer.  If it doesn't show after a minute, the wifi transmitter is dead.  Good luck.  
2020-4-17
Use props
slaytman
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-17 12:54
I think your suspicion is correct.  It seems there is no wifi coming from the egg.  AFter a successful binding and subsequent auto-reboot, the RE stops transmitting if it doesn't sense a wifi signal coming from the egg.  You can confirm this by downloading a free wifi analyzer to your mobile device.  Use it to check if a wifi signal is coming from the egg.  Keep the RE off.  You must know the MAC address of the egg, so look for it with the wifi analyzer.  If it doesn't show after a minute, the wifi transmitter is dead.  Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.
No seperate wifi emiting from the egg...only the Extender.
Does it appear that the gps is good in the drone?  Does the egg wifi send back the telemetry?
I mentioned the red arrow google eye icon on the Litchi app...does the egg wifi send the info for that back to the app?
Is this a option to modify the connection?
1) FPV Video Transmitter

2)DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus WiFi Module

3) replace the F200 Camera "Egg"
2020-4-17
Use props
slaytman
lvl.1

United States

is this bottom communication board from the f200 camera "egg" available to purchase from DJI?
2020-4-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

If the egg wifi is dead, then it's dead.  Nothing will be sent back to your mobile device.  The video camera probably works fine.

Regarding your numbers above:

1)  I believe that's for a straight Phantom 2.  Don't confuse the straight Phantom 2 with the P2 Vision series.  

2)  That's the wifi module for the P2V+.  You can't use that with the egg.  You'd need the P2V+ camera and gimbal and interference board and various cables.  It would cost too much.  

3)  You won't be able to find an egg with working FPV these days.  

There are plenty of eggs with non working FPV but working wifi.  You could get one of those and then you'd have telemetry and a working google map with GPS, etc.  But no FPV.  They're on eBay.  They're cheap.

Good luck
2020-4-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

slaytman Posted at 4-17 13:46
is this bottom communication board from the f200 camera "egg" available to purchase from DJI?
[view_image]

I've never heard of DJI selling that part.  I've also never heard of DJI repairing the FC200 egg camera in the past four years or five years or so.  I also know the egg is not repairable outside of DJI.  

Good luck
2020-4-17
Use props
slaytman
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-17 14:37
I've never heard of DJI selling that part.  I've also never heard of DJI repairing the FC200 egg camera in the past four years or five years or so.  I also know the egg is not repairable outside of DJI.  

Good luck

I am unsuccessfull finding a FC200 camera on ebay that at least has wifi. Plenty of non working or as is non-tested one. Could use some help finding one.  Really miss the telemetry.

Question: does the gps in the drone regulate the stabilization or wind drift and does that require the wifi back to the extender to work?
2020-4-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

There are dozens, perhaps hundreds of FC200 egg cameras on eBay with working wifi.  The problem is they don't have working FPV.  The problem is commonly referred to as "black screen."  So buy one of them with working wifi and you'll have full telemetry, working live google map, and all that good stuff.

The wifi connection has nothing to do with the flight characteristics of the drone.  Think of the original Phantom.  It flew wonderfully with no wifi, no camera, etc.  So, yes, your P2 drone will stay stationary in a hover, even if a gust of wind comes along, provided the gust isn't too strong.  You don't need the egg or the Range Extender or your mobile device.  It would be a good idea to learn the rear lamp codes though.  
2020-4-24
Use props
slaytman
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-24 10:18
There are dozens, perhaps hundreds of FC200 egg cameras on eBay with working wifi.  The problem is they don't have working FPV.  The problem is commonly referred to as "black screen."  So buy one of them with working wifi and you'll have full telemetry, working live google map, and all that good stuff.

The wifi connection has nothing to do with the flight characteristics of the drone.  Think of the original Phantom.  It flew wonderfully with no wifi, no camera, etc.  So, yes, your P2 drone will stay stationary in a hover, even if a gust of wind comes along, provided the gust isn't too strong.  You don't need the egg or the Range Extender or your mobile device.  It would be a good idea to learn the rear lamp codes though.

Thanks Mark.i did buy a fc200 on ebay..non tested. Same no wifi and no fvp. Will keep looking. Been flying under yellow flashing "no gps" and doing manual vidio record for now. Last time i flew in 10mph wind just seamed to drift more than usual and had more movement. Thanks again for the comments.
132058payh8zwprbfhuqpz.jpg
2020-4-25
Use props
slaytman
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-24 10:18

Thanks Mark.i did buy a fc200 on ebay..non tested. Same no wifi and no fvp. Will keep looking. Been flying under yellow flashing "no gps" and doing manual vidio record for now. Last time i flew in 10mph wind just seamed to drift more than usual and had more movement. Thanks again for the comments.
132058payh8zwprbfhuqpz.jpg
2020-4-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Hi - there's a guy on eBay who sells them for $28 and free shipping.  They will all have the black screen but most of them will have working wifi.

Unless you're flying in a forest, there's no reason you should fly with yellow flashing ATTI mode - especially with the P2V egg camera.  Are your S switches up?  

2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_3jxVhq6NEdxC
New

United Kingdom

Nick van de Water Posted at 2018-3-10 06:57
So i have managed to connect to the vision app using an iphone, i can take photos and video everything seems to work i just cant get the live video feed on the phone.. have updated all firmware

I am getting this message all the time or no connection. Any ideas what it maybe?
2020-11-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Know that wifi and FPV are not one and the same.  Your Wifi may work perfectly and yet you'll have the black screen which means no FPV.  This would be because of the NAND chip failure.  The fix is to flash the NAND.  Good luck.

Edit:  In case you're having biding problems, here is a good vid illustrating what happens when your binding attempt fails.  

Here's a good vid showing what happens when your binding attempt is successful.  

2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules