Removing a drone from my account...
37600 22 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkflyer
lvl.2

United States

Just got a new Mavic Air...returned the Spark, which h ad 6 flights on it.

How do I remove it from all my records, online, and in the GO app?  Should I delete and reinstall the GO app?

Also, when I see the Spark in the GO app, it has what appears to be a name, which is my e-mail address.  How can I give my new Mavic Air a better name?

Thanks in advance!

2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, where did you return your spark? Please note that you can not remove the record of activating the drone in your account. But you can register a new DJI Account. For you second question, can you provide a screenshot of the situation? Thanks for your help.
2018-3-9
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

There is a section in the settings menu which takes you to 'devise name" - click on this takes to a new page - if it is possible to change the name (i am not sure) i guess that is a place worth looking to do the change.
2018-3-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-9 23:56
There is a section in the settings menu which takes you to 'devise name" - click on this takes to a new page - if it is possible to change the name (i am not sure) i guess that is a place worth looking to do the change.

Yes, that is the place to do it.
2018-3-10
Use props
Sparkflyer
lvl.2

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-9 23:00
Hi, where did you return your spark? Please note that you can not remove the record of activating the drone in your account. But you can register a new DJI Account. For you second question, can you provide a screenshot of the situation? Thanks for your help.

Returned to Best Buy store; I was within the return window.

I created a new account; I'd still like to keep flight records for the Spark - is there a way to export them from iPhone 6 iOS 11.x, so they can be saved elsewhere, without taking up space on the phone?  I have iMazing software, so I can move/copy individual files and folders on the iPhone.

As to the second question, I don't have a screenshot.  The drone name I see is under Flight Records, in the upper right drop-down of the GO4 home screen. The first screen is my stats and has my name as the email address, minus the @ and what follows, and swiping brings me to the stats for the drone itself, which has my name with -SPARK appended.  FWIW, I have never synced my flight stats with DJI.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sparkflyer Posted at 2018-3-10 06:27
Returned to Best Buy store; I was within the return window.

I created a new account; I'd still like to keep flight records for the Spark - is there a way to export them from iPhone 6 iOS 11.x, so they can be saved elsewhere, without taking up space on the phone?  I have iMazing software, so I can move/copy individual files and folders on the iPhone.

I think you can sync the flight records, so it will be saved in the cloud. And you can delete them in your phone. Or you can connect your phone and use ITune to export the flight records. It should be saved in "FlightRecord" file. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-26
Use props
bye bye
lvl.2
United States

funny how my post asking how to delete my account is no longer up,,,, but if you buy another drone you can delete one. may your chains sit lightly upon you.
2018-3-27
Use props
ChasesDronePics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198990 ft
United States

bye bye Posted at 2018-3-27 11:02
funny how my post asking how to delete my account is no longer up,,,, but if you buy another drone you can delete one. may your chains sit lightly upon you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-142034-1-1.html it's right here
2018-3-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Activated drones stay onto your DJI Account. The only way to eliminate them from your account is to start over and create another DJI Account, But note, your old account information still stays on the server.
2018-3-27
Use props
Scott.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same problem, I had to return and get a replacement for my P4P Obsidian and the old (returned drone) is still on my account.

If DJI does not allow deletion they should at least give the user a option to either hide or archive the old flight data.
2018-3-27
Use props
ntar23
lvl.1

If I am selling my spake to someone else what should I do before giving it to them? So they are able to use it with their phone. Thanks
2018-6-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

bye bye Posted at 2018-3-27 11:02
funny how my post asking how to delete my account is no longer up,,,, but if you buy another drone you can delete one. may your chains sit lightly upon you.

Yet you keep coming back! take the advice of walking away and never look back.
2018-6-2
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-27 11:38
Activated drones stay onto your DJI Account. The only way to eliminate them from your account is to start over and create another DJI Account, But note, your old account information still stays on the server.

What happens if I sold my drone? Will the new user be able to use it if its still in my account?
2018-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-8-13 07:49
What happens if I sold my drone? Will the new user be able to use it if its still in my account?

New user can use it against the DJI account they will have to set up for themselves. Aircraft only needs to be activated once, which likely ties in with warranty period start. Thereafter no further activation is needed.
2018-8-13
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-13 08:22
New user can use it against the DJI account they will have to set up for themselves. Aircraft only needs to be activated once, which likely ties in with warranty period start. Thereafter no further activation is needed.

Thanks for clarifying that!
2018-8-13
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-8-13 07:49

The person who bought your drone will have to create their own DJI Account to fly and record data of the aircraft. Your data will not be available to the new owner since it's associated with your DJI Account. The subsequent data that the person accumulates will be tied to their own account, just like the data associated with your own account. Make sense?
2018-8-13
Use props
fans1f8fb507
New

United States

I have a problem. I purchased a P3 from a private party. Works amazing. But after my flight today I looked at the DJI go app and it shows my name and account and flight. But then a scroll to the right it shows the sellers names. Like a flight was logged under them. How can I get them deleted or not affiliated with this drone?
2018-10-25
Use props
fans1f8fb507
New

United States

Problem... I purchased a P3 private party in amazing condition. Flew today and looked at app tonight and saw the flight logged on the go app. Scrolled right and it also has a log with the sellers names. Only flight was mine today. How can I delete them or remove their affiliation with this drone?
2018-10-25
Use props
Glicerina
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18261 ft

Italy

hallo, i purchased a used air 2s and when I register its serial number with mu DJI App account, it says "already associated to another account (the previous owner's).
Now, is there a way to dissociate the drone from the old account and re-ascociate it with mine?
Otherwise, if I use it the way it is now, will I incur in some kind of problems?
2021-12-14
Use props
TogoPoB
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Glicerina Posted at 12-14 05:40
hallo, i purchased a used air 2s and when I register its serial number with mu DJI App account, it says "already associated to another account (the previous owner's).
Now, is there a way to dissociate the drone from the old account and re-ascociate it with mine?
Otherwise, if I use it the way it is now, will I incur in some kind of problems?

How to remove a registered drone in my account?
2021-12-30
Use props
KJMPhotography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2652500 ft
United Kingdom

DJI fly app
Device Management
Remove device from account
Done
2022-3-30
Use props
LucaR
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hello, i 've done the sequence below with the older owner's

DJI fly app
Device Management
Remove device from account
Done

but why if i connect the drone to my dji fly i see the older email associated?
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LucaR Posted at 9-28 02:17
hello, i 've done the sequence below with the older owner's

DJI fly app

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. May I know where the old email is showing? Thank you.
2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules