Please help!! Crack in arm just happened! Update :(
1276 4 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Back story.. I bought my P4P on March 3rd 2017 with DJI Care..  I flew it a few times, and noticed horrible issues with the gimbal vibrating causing issues with the video.. I sent it back within the same week to DJI for repair.. It was sent back to me almost a month later.  So today I was flying it after the firmware update and when I landed noticed a bad shudder when the motors were shutting down. I picked it up and found that the right rear arm had a crack in it.. I had a defective P4P that was fixed, I haven't even had the drone for a year since it was repaired.. Can someone please advise.. This drone has never been crashed or even had a hard landing.. 3 days out of warranty and DJI care..

Update::::Turns out today was the day I activated it, in Asia it is now the tenth which makes warranty repair iffy. So frustrating.

IMG_7332.JPG
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mobilcams, sorry for your frustration and the trouble caused, please contact our support team https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav  to start a ticket as soon as possible, the drone will need to be sent in for diagnosis and then the corresponding resolution will be provided, hope everything will turn out to be great.
2018-3-9
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had also a crack , after 8 months owning the p4p. It happened shortly after updating fw from 602 to 300. Sent it in for repair, and they sent me a other repaired one. There seems to be several reports. Its a combination of bad shell production and fw which caused vibration. After receiving the drone back , i downgraded back to fw 602. Its strange , i have been reading that some wrote that wobbling is gone , and saw also 2 - 3 reports that wobbling upon startup and landing , when landinggear is in contact with the ground still occurs. And in your case even caused a crack. I think dji has to look into it again.but i yourcase if you receive a new drone , downgrade to .602
2018-3-10
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-9 18:37
Mobilcams, sorry for your frustration and the trouble caused, please contact our support team https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav  to start a ticket as soon as possible, the drone will need to be sent in for diagnosis and then the corresponding resolution will be provided, hope everything will turn out to be great.

I did but they never sent me the information to my e-mail like they said they would. He said it would show up in fifteen minutes.. I also must have typed in my case number wrong when he gave it to me because it doesn't work either now.
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mobilcams Posted at 2018-3-10 11:02
I did but they never sent me the information to my e-mail like they said they would. He said it would show up in fifteen minutes.. I also must have typed in my case number wrong when he gave it to me because it doesn't work either now.

May I know how did you contact our support? Via phone or online chat? Could you please PM me the contact info which you were used to contact them? Did they tell you what kind of email you are going to receive? I didn't see any case number via your Forum account.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules