568 8 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft
Australia

Hi guys,

Luckly i have an empty space in front of my house where i can fly my MA, in ht elast few days i started buidling up the courage to fly longer distances but i am very disappointed with the range.. i loose connection in about 500 m and then i have to go like crazy changing location to get better spot.. yesterday i lost it when was 200 m away and was only able to get back when i clicked RTH.. any ideas or advices to get a better range?

Cheers

2018-3-9
Use props
Marshall Walker
lvl.1
United States

Same issue.  Very poor range in a wide open field.   Was having interference in beginner mode for Gosh sakes...
2018-3-9
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Well, I'll bet you'll hear several things that might be causing it, but I can suggest a couple:  Any strong source of interference in your area?  Are you wearing anything that might interfere (apple iWatch?), do you have the antenna positioned properly?  If you go to another area, does your range increase (indicating interference in your original area).   You can buy very inexpensive attachments that fit over your remote's antenna that focus the signal.  Those do, however, make it even more important to have the two blades positioned correctly and facing your quad.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please follow the advice in 3# and change a place with less interference. I would recommend you ensure that your antenna is in the right position and do not shield it during flight. Thanks for your support.
mavic air environment.JPG
2018-3-9
Use props
verizon28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1444190 ft
United States

Try choosing a custom WiFi channel in your settings before taking off. I've been having better luck using one of the 5.8 channels versus the 2.4 channel. People have said that you'll get more range with a 2.4 channel but it's more susceptible to interference. The 5.8 band is cleaner but at the sacrifice of a bit of range. I haven't noticed a difference either way really. When you choose a custom WiFi channel, choose a channel that either has a tiny vertical bar or no bar at all..those are the good channels.

2018-3-9
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-9 19:24
Well, I'll bet you'll hear several things that might be causing it, but I can suggest a couple:  Any strong source of interference in your area?  Are you wearing anything that might interfere (apple iWatch?), do you have the antenna positioned properly?  If you go to another area, does your range increase (indicating interference in your original area).   You can buy very inexpensive attachments that fit over your remote's antenna that focus the signal.  Those do, however, make it even more important to have the two blades positioned correctly and facing your quad.

Apple Watch.. will check if works better without it thanks
2018-3-10
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-9 19:31
Hi, there. Please follow the advice in 3# and change a place with less interference. I would recommend you ensure that your antenna is in the right position and do not shield it during flight. Thanks for your support.

lol soon we have to avoid everything
2018-3-10
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Australia

verizon28 Posted at 2018-3-9 20:17
Try choosing a custom WiFi channel in your settings before taking off. I've been having better luck using one of the 5.8 channels versus the 2.4 channel. People have said that you'll get more range with a 2.4 channel but it's more susceptible to interference. The 5.8 band is cleaner but at the sacrifice of a bit of range. I haven't noticed a difference either way really. When you choose a custom WiFi channel, choose a channel that either has a tiny vertical bar or no bar at all..those are the good channels.

How to use custom channel selection

Just tried it on 5.8.. seems a lot better
2018-3-10
Use props
Marshall Walker
lvl.1
United States

Used the suggestion of refreshing software using assistant 2 . Seemed better today.  Will try flying where I had the original issue to make sure it’s better.  
2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules