Mavic Air Refuses to work
384 5 2018-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MTJHoyas
New
United States

Hi - So I sold my Spark (which I loved) to upgrade to the Air. Nightmare experience thus far. I have had the Air for 2 days now and have been able to fly it twice. First flight, there was no controlling the drone but luckily it was low enough to not cause damage. Second flight, the drone takes off and rockets straight into a tree (falling 60 feet) without me to touching the RC controls (sans lift off). It was a pretty violent crash that broke a few propellers and now the Air won't connect to the RC. In the App, it gets recognized as a Phantom 4. I've Uninstalled. I've tried to connect via the camera. Nothing works. I'm beyond frustrated having dropped over $800 on a product that has (so far) been the antithesis of the Spark, which I had zero problems with. I don't know what to do to fix it but I figured I'd throw out this post to see if I could get any help. I'm pretty sure Best Buy won't reimburse me and I'm reluctant to send it to DJI and not see it for months on end. Please help! - MJ
2018-3-9
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, so sorry to hear of your problems.  I did have a go with DJI support and it was actually quite good -- unlike what most stories on this forum are.  I would try Best Buy if you are within your return timeframe.  Clearly, DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.  If you like it, exchange it for one that works.  
2018-3-9
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

If it’s fallen 60ft, had a violent crash, and you’re not (or can’t) taking it back to Best Buy, and nothing works, you’re pretty limited in your course of actions. It has to be sending it back to DJI for them to take a look and repair it. Even if you managed to get motors working again, I wouldn’t want to put it in the air again, under my control and responsibility. Just think of the potential liability, especially if something happened to a third party and it was discovered what had previously happened.
2018-3-9
Use props
AndrewGR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282589 ft
Greece

I had a similar issuie.. you have download the wrong app I think.. try download the latest app (not version) and it will recognize as a magic air.. then calibrate and I think it will fly properly
2018-3-9
Use props
AndrewGR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282589 ft
Greece

You must download the first one... I am sure you have the second.. and since you saw it as a phantom shouldn't fly it..
Screenshot_20180310-091724.png
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the mishap, if the drone has been damaged, we strongly recommend to send in for thorough diagnosis since there be internal issues except for the physical damage. Please contact our support to start a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules