Bought the p2v+ last week, how to exchange for p2v++
2228 9 2014-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris.pugrud
lvl.2

United States

Just last week I bought the p2v+ from a DJI authorized dealer through Amazon.  I'm obviously within my allowed return period from Amazon.  If I had known the new model was going to be released this week, I would have just waited to purchase.

I'd like to avoid the costs and hassle to the dealer caused by me returning the p2v+ to Amazon and then ordering a new p2v++.

What is your recommendation for what I should do to exchange my p2v+ for the new p2v++?

Thank you,
Chris
2014-10-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You can't just return it to the store because a newer version came out after you purchased it.
What would be your reason for returning the phantom ?
You already have the version you originally happily ordered and paid for.
2014-10-29
Use props
chris.pugrud
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-30 02:27
You can't just return it to the store because a newer version came out after you purchased it.
What  ...

John,

I understand your viewpoint and I appreciate it.  If DJI had updated the model number or gave a release date in advance of the new units arriving at their dealers, I would have happily waited for the new unit prior to ordering.

I don't need a reason to return my existing unit.  If I was being a jerk, I'd just return the unit and purchase a new one.  I'm here sincerely and honestly hoping that DJI will make a recommendation that will minimize expense and bother for everyone involved.

I realize that some people disagree with me returning my week old p2v+, but that's not the subject being discussed here.
2014-10-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Manufactures and dealers hate old stock lying around in the warehouse, nobody is going to say, "hay don't buy now, wait a month for the revised version."
I paid full price for my V+ in July, you benefited from the recent price reduction, so I should be the one complaining.
Honestly its not a big deal, the revised V+ is not a major step up, if it had a 20mp camera and 1hr flight time, then yes, but it is really down to a few minor improvements.
2014-10-29
Use props
dieterste36
lvl.2

Germany

The only, what you need ist the remote TX , order the new one for 99 $ and sell the other one by ebay.

Then update the Firmware and you have the new one.

Order 9450 self-tightening propellers , next time you need new ones.
2014-10-29
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought a Chrysler Town and Country Van but there is a newer model that has cooer cupholders.  Will Chrysler exchange it for me?
2014-10-29
Use props
chris.pugrud
lvl.2

United States

Certainly I can spend hundreds of dollars and hours of time replacing the remote, props, motors, ESC's, and compass sensor -or- I  can return the one I have, wait a few weeks and order a new one that has all of the upgrades and cross my fingers that it will be able to see more than 5 satellites in a wide open field at less than 80 feet above the ground.

If I really wanted to spend hours building a quad, I would have skipped past the p2v+ and just built a 680pro or s900.  I'll probably do that eventually, I may even keep the p2v+ because it's smaller size makes it easier to fly in some areas.
2014-10-29
Use props
bobibobr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

chris.pugrud@gm Posted at 2014-10-30 03:25
John,

I understand your viewpoint and I appreciate it.  If DJI had updated the model number or ga ...

Dji will not bother to answer you John
2014-11-24
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

There is always something newer and just around the corner.  It doesn't matter what you are talking about; things from toasters to computers to drones.  It's the responsibility of the buyer to research and decide when to make the purchase and once you made the purchase you have what you have.

Companies don't announce future release dates for various reasons so it's always a best-guess.

Enjoy what you have, it's a great machine in any case.
2014-11-24
Use props
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

Just return it and buy v3. There's a price difference involved anyway, or at least there is as of late.  I picked up 2+ flown three times for 750. I just ordered the new radio and I'll swap new motors and esc's when dji offers them.  With selling off the other parts I'll still be under a grand to go 3.0
2014-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules