Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I'm Done!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rinconol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232566 ft
United States

I'M DONE! Watched unveiling. Immediately ordered P3Pro with extra battery from DJI; my card was charged right away with no firm delivery date, so I cancelled. Ordered from Amazon; delivery date changed twice to mid June, so I cancelled. Ordered from local dealer in-stock; but there is no iOS App to fly it with and after reading that P3's are falling out of the sky, I cancelled & I'M DONE! Lost confidence and interest. I'll keep flying my P2 as if this bizzare and wasteful experience never happened. Over & Out!
2015-5-4
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I understand your frustration. And I hope you are not right about "3s falling out of the sky".

The P2 is still a great machine.

But I have a feeling you'll be back in a month

This is the most important product for DJI. They can't afford it not to succeed. The days when they were alone are numbered. Just like the iPhone ruled supreme for a few years in smartphone-land, the competition caught up. And the competition will catch up to DJI in 1-2 years. But for now it P3 still looks like the best quadcopter in the category. And I think the P3 might actually be what we all dreamed the P2V+ would have been - and more.

To be honest, it is actually smart to wait a few months for DJI to iron out any kinks - especially in the firmware. Unfortunately I feel I need to get the P3 right away to reignite my passion for aerial videography and photography. I can't get excited about filming with the P2v+ right now knowing the vastly superior video quality is right around the corner with the P3 (hoping to pick it up today if my local dealer gets it as promised).
2015-5-4
Use props
pooljunki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641148 ft
United States

hmm i have been reading about all quadchopters falling out of the sky ever since i have been interested in them including p2
2015-5-4
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

This is pretty much what I have been saying to people complaining that the Phantom 2 Vision+ and the Phantom 3 Pro cost the same amount. With one you are getting a system that works, flied by thousands without problems, and any accessory you might need you can already purchase from anywhere. With the other you have an app that isn't ready, unknown shipping dates, is having connection or battery issues (whatever is causing all these crashes), and you can't even get an extra battery for yet nonetheless any other accessory. I'm not saying the P2V+ is without it's faults, but there are already fixes for anything that might happen. Tried, tested, and true or possibly might be okay...
2015-5-4
Use props
rbarbour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

The bleeding edge is always a crap shoot.  Good you already have a bird to fly, this will be my first so in a way its been okay to wait.
Had time to read the manual, buy a Syma to practice with and find a good location for my first flight.
Now if I was like you and had already been flying a Phantom, I'd be pulling my hair out. :-)

I'll check back with you when I waiting for delivery of my  Inspire 2. LOL
2015-5-4
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Sounds like you have been a bit impatient a few times. And just because people are claiming they are falling out of the sky doesn't mean they are. Could ver well be pilot error.
2015-5-4
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Sounds like you have been a bit impatient a few times. And just because people are claiming they are falling out of the sky doesn't mean they are. Could very well be pilot error.
2015-5-4
Use props
MacNimation
lvl.2

France

Hopefully the app will be out and many bugs ironed out by the time my P3 arrives.
Informed yesterday that my P3 is scheduled for "Late May".
2015-5-5
Use props
yamada.alex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

@ rinconol

Hi. Me I am done waiting for my order from DJI as local retailers in the country I live have already it in stock although like for those who orders directly from DJI, they will only be available to deliver the extra battery later in May, at least, you can have your P3P and start playing with it (with Android of course...).

Can I know how you did to cancel your order and how long it took to get the payment refund?

Thanks in advance!
2015-5-5
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

Guys, you wanted it, quit pouting because you can't get one yesterday.   It's an excellent piece of equipment.  I am floored by the video quality.  This....I will enjoy for many many flights.   Go do something else til it arrives.  It's worth it.  This is my first outdoor drone, so maybe I'm easily impressed but I fly helis that keep my sphincter puckered.  Not this thing. So easy and stabile.    When I hit return home and it landed right in front of me from being 500 meters away and out of sight, I was sold on it.  I'd buy another.  Battery time isn't that bad either.  With the pro, it's charged in no time.  
2015-5-5
Use props
Kdurree
lvl.1

United States

Call me crazy, but I always prefer new cutting edge technology with bugs, over old tried and true.

By the time a technology is perfected, it's on to the next big thing. If you stick with tech that is solid, you'll always be a step behind on features and abilities.

Just my personal thoughts and stance.
2015-5-5
Use props
Mr. Clear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232566 ft
United States

Alright! I'm back on board and just reordered a P3Pro from store stock at DroneNerds for pickup in the AM and a Airport Helipak Backpack from Amazon. Will be flying over the nearby nature preserve and will post video and photos.
2015-5-6
Use props
harvey
lvl.1

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-5 13:02
I understand your frustration. And I hope you are not right about "P3s falling out of the sky".

The ...

The catch up is closer than you think. The solo is out with a good price point and from what I understand it fly's. An early member of the DJI team is part of the solo team now. I'm still a DJI  loyal. My P3 fly's like nothing else I've tried and fills in where the inspire is to big to haul.
2015-5-6
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

harvey Posted at 2015-5-6 23:02
The catch up is closer than you think. The solo is out with a good price point and from what I und ...

The Solo flies - opposed to what exactly?  I've had some great flights today already - flew about 9000 meters today according to the logbook from just zipping around testing all the new stuff

The fact of the matter is, that 3DR is playing catchup. They are behind. But they WILL most likely catch up soon (1-3 years perhaps).

It is a bit equivalent to the situation when Apple announced the Iphone. The equivalent was perhaps the Phantom1 in 2013 (or maybe the P2V+ in 2014). It is not like there wasn't phones or even "smart phones" before the iPhone, but they were just not very good. There were also plenty of flying machines and even multicopters. But they were for the kind of hobbyist that would and could build themselves.

With 3DR (and others) we're at the situation with the first Android phones. They were not nearly as good as the iPhone from most users perspective. A few years later, the Androids have advanced past the iPhone in many technical aspects and you can do a lot of things with them that you can't with the user friendly iPhone. We're not quite there yet with drones. But we likely will in a few years or ma

The future is exciting. Unless legislators make it so impossible to enjoy these flying machines. Sadly DJI isn't fighting the good fight and acts like an agent for Big Brother and the Nannystate and will perhaps even further start to take the responsibility away from people. Frankly, that lack of freedom is what might drive me away from DJI as soon as there is a viable alternative.

The 3DR Solo probably isn't an alternative just yet. They are behind in many many areas. Their drones will be useful and can do a lot a Phantom can, (even a few the Phantom can't yet). But in a year or so? It is very likely they will be a true alternative. Lets hope so, no matter what. Competition is great. It brings out the best in products. Sometimes the worst in people.
2015-5-6
Use props
harvey
lvl.1

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-7 03:28
The Solo flies - opposed to what exactly?  I've had some great flights today already - flew about  ...

"the solo flies" Just a figure of speech. I wouldn't trade in my DJI's for one and I didn't mean anything by it other than there are others out there pushing the technology along. Sorry if I offended you in some way.
2015-5-7
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

harvey Posted at 2015-5-8 05:07
"the solo flies" Just a figure of speech. I wouldn't trade in my DJI's for one and I didn't mean a ...

I'm sorry if you think you in any way offended me. Not at all!

I was just in the mood to debate and discuss.

I agree with you 100%.
2015-5-7
Use props
hawaiianwaterbo
New

United States

Mr. Clear Posted at 2015-5-6 20:10
Alright! I'm back on board and just reordered a P3Pro from store stock at DroneNerds for pickup in  ...

bipolar !!! lol. i was pissed to but we all have to come back

2015-5-7
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-7 03:28
The Solo flies - opposed to what exactly?  I've had some great flights today already - flew about  ...

Agreed - I had 3DR Iris+, stress HAD - it was frustrating. Customer service was great, but who cares when the product was very tempermental. I'm curious to see how Solo plays out
2015-5-7
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

I will remind everyone the Phantom 2's had issues in the beginning too.

DJI is working to correct the issues as fast as they can.  They have already released two firmware updates.  (1.1.6 and 1.1.8)  New models from DJI almost always have a few quirks to be worked out before they are completely stable.  If you don't want to experience the rollout bugs just wait a month or two.  Patience.  Good things happen for those who are Patient.
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules