1850 30 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am thining about upgrading to a  Inspire 2 standard package with X4S and two standard remotes.. Can I use two standard remotes with it.. also whats your comments on me doing this?
2018-3-10
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

after a year i am very happy with my x4s
2018-3-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would definitely not buy the inspire 2, x4 camera. Why you ask? Because you can get the same video and image quality at a third of the price by purchasing the phantom 4 advanced....
2018-3-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I would definitely not buy the inspire 2, x4 camera. Why you ask? Because you can get the same video and image quality at a third of the price by purchasing the phantom 4 advanced....
2018-3-10
Use props
UP Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft
United States

agreed phantom 4 pro is way better compared to inspire with x4s. Unless you are planning on upgrading to a new camera I would buy the phantom 4 pro. Also the phantom 4 has many more advanced features than the inspire 2, is much smaller, and way cheaper.
2018-3-10
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am shock of how many are telling me not to get the inspire 2 over the phantom 4 pro
2018-3-10
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well...let's start from the beginning of how to choose a flying camera platform...

1.Output File Format?

Are you going to sell your video to the feature movie industry or network television?  Both of these markets may require postproduction to do color grading, exposure correction, gamma correction, and multiple generations of editing.  This will require you to deliver CinemaDNG or Apple ProRes file format.  To do this will require the CineCore 2.1 to do on board processing.  If you need both of these formats you will pay $1,300 for the Activation Keys.

You will also need either the X5S or X7 camera.  There is no mention of the X4S being able to deliver these formats.  The X4S will only output H.264 or H.265.   These formats use run length encoding compression and are not suitable for heavy post production or multiple generation editing.  The first generation output of these codex is very good.

2. Do you need more than one focal length of lens?

With the X4S you are limited to one focal length lens.  You will not be able to deliver limited depth of field which many professional directors and cinematographers will require to get the cinema look.

3. What aircraft can carry the camera and processor you need?

If you need CinemaDNG or Apple ProRes and limited depth of field (large sensor chip) you need an aircraft that will carry the X5S or X7 and has a CineCore processor on board with Activation licenses.  This means you need the Inspire 2.

4. How portable does the system have to be?

If you like a very compact and fun little machine get the Mavic Pro.

5.  If you want a very good H.265/H.265 machine get the Phantom Pro.

6.  How much money do you have or are you going to make with your drone?

The Inspire 2 with an X7, Activation keys, 4 lenses, 8 batteries, two RC controllers, Cendence, UB CrystalSky is going to cost upwards of $20,000.  Yes...this is the system I have.  I also have a Mavic Pro for fun.

The Phantom or the Mavic Pro are going to be less than $1,500

Are you an amateur or a professional who depends on this equipment to make a living?

Good luck,

Ray Maxwell

2018-3-10
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2018-3-10 17:29
Well...let's start from the beginning of how to choose a flying camera platform...

1.Output File Format?

Thanks so much Ray for all the information. I would also like to give you a free membership to Professional Drone Assoication just click on this link and say join and I get you access https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfessionalDroneAssociation/
2018-3-10
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PilotSmith Posted at 2018-3-10 16:05
I am shock of how many are telling me not to get the inspire 2 over the phantom 4 pro

If history repeats itself, the phantom line is due for a refresh and the new phantom 5? Is rumored to have a mini x7 camera. if your in no hurry, wait a few months.
2018-3-11
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Some good responses here...which I appreciate. I've progressed from the PHV2 to the 3P and was really tempted to make a leap to the Inspire 1 when the 4P came out.  And while my area of interest is more in the still images vs the video capabilities...I have to say I've not been disappointed at all with my 4P and the quality of images it puts out.  Blew this image up to a 12 x 18 print and it is superb.
2018-3-11
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

There's another thing to consider with the Inspire series.  In some locales (e.g. Hollywood, LA area.) if you show up with gear that the cops will consider to be commercial or pro-grade gear, they may ask you about your commercial filming permit that you may also need to do any video or even still photography work that is issued by FilmLA, or one of the areas that require one (Parks Dept.) along with the ACORD 25-S liability insurance paperwork.  Some camera club members have gotten the boot for their gear "Appearing too commercial" and being asked to leave (The rangers at Vasquez Rocks Park in northern LA county comes to mind.).

With the P4 series, they likely will think of them as non-commercial (toy) and with less hassle with the commercial film permits issued around there which can start at $660 per day plus the ACORD 25-S forms.

2018-3-11
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-3-11 15:16
There's another thing to consider with the Inspire series.  In some locales (e.g. Hollywood, LA area.) if you show up with gear that the cops will consider to be commercial or pro-grade gear, they may ask you about your commercial filming permit that you may also need to do any video or even still photography work that is issued by FilmLA, or one of the areas that require one (Parks Dept.) along with the ACORD 25-S liability insurance paperwork.  Some camera club members have gotten the boot for their gear "Appearing too commercial" and being asked to leave (The rangers at Vasquez Rocks Park in northern LA county comes to mind.).

With the P4 series, they likely will think of them as non-commercial (toy) and with less hassle with the commercial film permits issued around there which can start at $660 per day plus the ACORD 25-S forms.

The only advantage the Inspire 2 with X4S camera/gimbal has over the P4 Pro is dual operator capability. I got it with the X5S because dual op was the most important for me. I didn't realise at the time I bought it was the gimbal wasn't a true 360 one like on my S900/Zenmuse combo.

If it is for single operator then P4 all day long.
2018-3-12
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

UP Films Posted at 2018-3-10 14:07
agreed phantom 4 pro is way better compared to inspire with x4s. Unless you are planning on upgrading to a new camera I would buy the phantom 4 pro. Also the phantom 4 has many more advanced features than the inspire 2, is much smaller, and way cheaper.

Would you mind telling me some of the advanced features that the Phantom 4 Pro has over the Inspire2
2018-3-16
Use props
UP Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft
United States

PilotSmith Posted at 2018-3-16 15:38
Would you mind telling me some of the advanced features that the Phantom 4 Pro has over the Inspire2

The Phantom 4 Pro has draw, terrain follow, POI (which we are still waiting for), and also gesture mode on top of the intelligent flight modes of the inspire 2.

If you are buying the inspire 2 with x4s camera, as in my experience, you will most likely not be using 2 remotes to control the camera. Since you mostly won’t use the 2 remotes you will likely use tap fly and then move the camera to get your shot. However the P4P has draw mode which allows you to fly along a line (just like tap fly) and rotate the aircraft along that line giving it the exact same shot as described  with the I2.

Also the p4p picture quality is essentially the same as i2, it has longer flight times, is smaller (makes a huge difference), and is way cheaper.

The inspire 2 with x4s camera is a better choice only if you are planning on upgrading the camera in the future. (however if this is the case then i’d recommend waiting for P5 it is rumored to have a mini x7 camera with interchangeable lenses.)

Hope this helps, tell me what you decide

2018-3-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2018-3-10 17:29

1.Output File Format?

Your comparaison is false.

With 1500$ you have P4P.
but, if you want: P4P + 8 Batteries + CS UB
it's around 5000$

The I2 also have feature to control yaw camera, and also have more software feature, it also flies better in windy conditions.
It's an upgradable camera solution (if you begin with X4S) as P4P is not.
If you chose to upgrade to X5S, without codecs, it will help you in both video & photography because can use different focal and format 4/3 will help you in low light.

Anyway, be careful with I2 because there is dangerous issue with arms and vibrations.
Many user get crash at 100h using I2 because arms broken in the air !
In my case: safety is the most important thing, and that's why P4P is a way better than I2.
2018-3-16
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Airpixel Studio Posted at 2018-3-12 04:56
The only advantage the Inspire 2 with X4S camera/gimbal has over the P4 Pro is dual operator capability. I got it with the X5S because dual op was the most important for me. I didn't realise at the time I bought it was the gimbal wasn't a true 360 one like on my S900/Zenmuse combo.

If it is for single operator then P4 all day long.

Do you want to sell it ?
2018-3-17
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

PilotSmith Posted at 2018-3-17 05:32
Do you want to sell it ?

The Inspire 2 is meant for the X5 or even better the X7. If you buy it with the X4, then eventually the X7 will be too tempting. There's simply no comparison between the two cameras and for X4 level quality, then the P4P is a better deal, without the possibility of upgrading to the X7 or shoot in the highest quality with the SSD. If I was forced to choose, I would choose the I2 and then save money to upgrade to the X7. If it's a money choice, I would choose the P4P.

Anyway, they are both great birds.
2018-3-17
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is what I am thinking about getting now.. I have a DJI Mavic Pro and a DJI Phantom 4 Pro... The DJI Mavic Pro flys daily for more real estate photos and I never really use the P4P so I am thinking about selling it (NEW) and upgrading to the I2 withX5s.  But I really dont want to spend all the money for the SSD.  Do I really need the SSD's and all the SSD stuff... If I get the following setup what does everyone think?

2018-3-17
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is what I am thinking about getting now.. I have a DJI Mavic Pro and a DJI Phantom 4 Pro... The DJI Mavic Pro flys daily for more real estate photos and I never really use the P4P so I am thinking about selling it (NEW) and upgrading to the I2 withX5s.  But I really dont want to spend all the money for the SSD.  Do I really need the SSD's and all the SSD stuff... If I get the following setup what does everyone think?

2018-3-17
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

PilotSmith Posted at 2018-3-17 16:49

[view_image]

What is the lens that you're going to buy for X5S?
2018-3-18
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Done it come with one lens? https://store.dji.com/product/ze ... mp;from=buy_now_bar
2018-3-18
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-3-16 23:58
Your comparaison is false.

With 1500$ you have P4P.

Yo,yo,man, why would anyone want 8 batteries?
2018-3-18
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PilotSmith Posted at 2018-3-17 16:49

[view_image]

That’s a lot of money to be sending up in the air with something that has only 4 props...
2018-3-18
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-3-18 06:03

hi,

because it was in response to maxrwell :
"The Inspire 2 with an X7, Activation keys, 4 lenses, 8 batteries, two RC controllers, Cendence, UB CrystalSky is going to cost upwards of $20,000.  Yes...this is the system I have.  I also have a Mavic Pro for fun.

The Phantom or the Mavic Pro are going to be less than $1,500"
2018-3-18
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

I different perspective:
I had a Mavic Pro.
Purchased an Inspire 2, X4s
Why, and why not the P4 pro?--
1.  It is cold in the winter here in Alaska--heated batteries.
2.  Stability in wind--I spend 2 plus miles hiking to a glacier or some other spot, I want to know I have the best chance of dealing with wind.  Really disappointing to get someplace, and have too much wind to launch a mavic--not sure how much more wind an Inspire 2 can handle than a p4.

Back pack fully loaded with drone, and snacks, water -21 pounds--not too bad.
2018-3-18
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-3-10 13:15

Personally I would wait to see what the new P5 offers.  Most likely it will have a superior camera over the X4s and P4P.
2018-3-18
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-3-18 07:25
hi,

because it was in response to maxrwell :

With the p4 Pro you could buy 50 batteries but in the event of a crash or flyaway you would still have 49 of them. You were comparing cost and I thought I would be the realist here..
2018-3-18
Use props
rperry3
New

United States

I have two remotes for my Inspire 2, second remote controls the camera, but can be set to fly the Inspire. I use the Inspire constantly for construction mapping, panos, and progressions and it is a great tool. I use Litchi for panos and Drone Deploy for mapping and they can be a little problematic until you get use to them.
2018-3-18
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-3-18 06:03

Anyone who works on a professional movie set that has a staff of 100 people and budget of one million dollars a day.   They don't like waiting on a drone pilot who says...WAIT a minute...I need an hour to charge my batteries before I can do the next take..  You better have some spare SSD's as well.

Eight batteries is only four flights.  If you do a 10 minute flight, are you going to start the next scene with a partially charged battery???

Eight batteries is the bare minimum.  

A spare drone is a good idea as well.

Ray
2018-3-20
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2018-3-20 22:37
Anyone who works on a professional movie set that has a staff of 100 people and budget of one million dollars a day.   They don't like waiting on a drone pilot who says...WAIT a minute...I need an hour to charge my batteries before I can do the next take..  You better have some spare SSD's as well.

Eight batteries is only four flights.  If you do a 10 minute flight, are you going to start the next scene with a partially charged battery???

@ray, I don’t think professional movie studios use dji equipment to make movies.....
2018-3-21
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-3-21 01:53
@ray, I don’t think professional movie studios use dji equipment to make movies.....

Hi R&L

My I introduce you to Claudio Miranda...Oscar winning DOP of " Life of Pi"   

Check him out at this URL:  https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#video
Under the videos click "load more' then Play "The Circle (2016): Camera Capabilities"

I worked with him on the Disney Production of "TomorrowLand".  And yes I flew a model helicopter and a DJI drone for this picture.

Of course you may think that Disney is not a professional movie studio.

Ray
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules