Limefuel
3597 13 2014-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b.w.j
lvl.4

Denmark

My Name is Rafael and I am on the product team for Limefuel. As you all know we are the manufacturer for the L54P Extended DJI Battery I am posting on here to make sure you are all aware of a current issue with DJI's new battery firmware update (V2.6). After some initial testing it seems that the latest battery firmware update (V2.6) from DJI renders our L54P unusable. You will not be able to start/fly your DJI at all. If you upgrade/d to this latest firmware our battery will no longer work with the DJI Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, or Phantom 2 Vision+. We are looking into this matter and we hope to have a fix available as soon as possible. If you want to continue using the L54P we suggest that you do not upgrade to the latest battery firmware (V2.6). If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at support@limefuel.com.

Saw this on another forum .

Dont use them, you can cause accidents and hurt people.
2014-10-29
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

hahaha posting something from an aftermarket company in an OEM forum
2014-10-29
Use props
b.w.j
lvl.4

Denmark

swomilan Posted at 2014-10-30 03:20
hahaha posting something from an aftermarket company in an OEM forum

But not fun to hurt anyone with a crash caused wanna bee DJI batteries, that why.
2014-10-29
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Well, DJI has always recommended that you not use the aftermarket lipos with the Visions.
Looks like they took care of the unauthorized competition...
2014-10-29
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

Im about to test these batteries, will they work without a ton of alarms? When not upgrading them i mean.
2014-10-29
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

IMO DJI has done nothing to "take care of unauthorized competition",   they just  have a Firmware update for their OEM batteries and users try to update their Aftermarket battery firmware with the DJI OEM firmware, well think about that for a minute ;)
2014-10-29
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

There is a thread on phantom pilots  about these batteries  have a look just remember and dont upgrade firmware as they wont work .
Kind of ironic that the biggest country in the world known for copying stuff  and not bothering about patents get the hump when it happens to them .
2014-10-29
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

What's ironic is that people try to update Aftermarket batteries with firmware made for OEM batteries.  The Phantom and assistant software thinks they are OEM batteries ( otherwise they wouldn't work )  so it will try to update the firmware in them which likely is very different between the AM and OEM batteries thus render them useless.
2014-10-29
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

I suppose its a chance folks have to take and i dont suppose they thought for one min that they would get blocked  .Im sure that all they need to do would just revert back to the older firmware ?   
From reading the posts on pp most folks who purchased them were well happy with the performance   but i i dont think they had enough flight time to see if they were going to bloat like the OEM ones do .
2014-10-29
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2014-10-30 06:31
I suppose its a chance folks have to take and i dont suppose they thought for one min that they woul ...

go back to the old firmware,  hmmm which old firmware.  The previous one for the DJI batteries will also not work since it's incompatible.  The AM batteries just "tell" the Phantom that they have the DJI firmware to make them look genuine to the Phantom but in reality they are using a different firmware altogether ( hence the issue).  Therefore  you'd need the original firmware from the aftermarket manufacturer and they now have to figure out how to load this firmware through the Phantom since that is the only interface with the battery that you have.
2014-10-29
Use props
jeffmcrae52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

swomilan Posted at 2014-10-30 10:12
go back to the old firmware,  hmmm which old firmware.  The previous one for the DJI batteries wil ...

Hi, as long as you dont do the battery update AM batteries work fine I have had 2 NUKE RC batteries for months now never a issue, still using them after the update.
2014-10-29
Use props
jeffmcrae52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

go back to the old firmware,  hmmm which old firmware.  The previous one for the DJI batteries wil ...

Hi, as long as you dont do the battery update AM batteries work fine I have had 2 NUKE RC batteries for months now never a issue, still using them after the update.
2014-10-29
Use props
jeffmcrae52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2014-10-29
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

jeffmcrae52 Posted at 2014-10-30 11:44
Hi, as long as you dont do the battery update AM batteries work fine I have had 2 NUKE RC batterie ...

I know that but there are some people that had been gullible in believing they could update their aftermarket batteries with the firmware made for DJI batteries and pooched their AM batteries with that not so smart move.  Pure user fault and no fault on DJI side but there are some that wrongly point the finger at DJI for this.
2014-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules